Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Champ Cars Get Speed

No, not the legendary Scott Speed, and no, not a new TV deal with SPEED TV, but rather speed.

Click Here

Power-2-Pass will now give a 100-hp boost over the previous 50-hp boost, and drivers will be allowed to use it for 75 seconds instead of the typical 60 seconds. This quote makes me happy:

Ultimately, we want the Champ Car to be the biggest, baddest machine to drive.

I love you, too, Tony Cotman.

Have yet to RTFA, but, I'll say this up front: I hope to $diety that they've gotten the software glitch that occasionally trips the PLS system when you hit the P2P button ...

That said, I'm all for giving them "more" of the button.

It would be nice if ChampCars became the modern day version of F5000 (or CanAm minus the bodywork.) A big Amerrican V8 with a 5L engine, big fat rear tyres and no driver aids.

It would be nice if ChampCars became the modern day version of F5000 (or CanAm minus the bodywork.) A big Amerrican V8 with a 5L engine, big fat rear tyres and no driver aids.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Odd...I thought for sure I posted in this thread already.... :eusa_think: I'll try again. I'd rather see the extra HP for the whole race, not just a manufactured gimmick like 'push to pass'. If you can't pass the guy in front on racecraft alone, you deserve to look at his gearbox the whole race.

Odd...I thought for sure I posted in this thread already.... :eusa_think: I'll try again. I'd rather see the extra HP for the whole race, not just a manufactured gimmick like 'push to pass'. If you can't pass the guy in front on racecraft alone, you deserve to look at his gearbox the whole race.

Too much beer perhaps? I agree, passing should be done on racecraft, although I suppose there is some racecraft in choosing where to use your 'push to pass', not a lot though.

Actually the push to pass is another driver input and is totally dependant on his skill and sense. I challenge anyone that says this is a driving aid. It is in fact the opposite. It is another driver input variable.

This is just a more agressive/focused/extreme form of what we had in F1 in the days of the turbos and unrestricted super-revers. In F1 you pressed a (couple of) button(s) to turn up the boost/revs and go from cruise/fue-economy mode to overtaking mode.

Here at 3:38 : http://youtube.com/watch?v=qJCfZVdIjKI

What I miss in F1 is the inverted wing shaped undertrays, slicks, lower front wing, higher rear wing.

Actually the push to pass is another driver input and is totally dependant on his skill and sense. I challenge anyone that says this is a driving aid. It is in fact the opposite. It is another driver input variable.

It's not a driver's aid, and it is another variable they have to juggle, but I'd still prefer to see the trailing driver pass by out-braking, selling a dummy or any number of skills other than pushing a button.

This is just a more agressive/focused/extreme form of what we had in F1 in the days of the turbos and unrestricted super-revers. In F1 you pressed a (couple of) button(s) to turn up the boost/revs and go from cruise/fue-economy mode to overtaking mode.

True, and I hold the same opinion on that as I do the 'push to pass'.

What I miss in F1 is the inverted wing shaped undertrays, slicks, lower front wing, higher rear wing.

As does any real fan of motorsports!

Thanks DOF. Very informative video...

About your sig, rainmaster...get in where? The front entrance, the upper front entrance, or the rear entrance? And do you really think it's appropriate to promote celebratory sex on an Internet forum with 10-year-olds like me on it?

About your sig, rainmaster...get in where? The front entrance, the upper front entrance, or the rear entrance? And do you really think it's appropriate to promote celebratory sex on an Internet forum with 10-year-olds like me on it?

Anywhere you like..., and yes all this 'adult talk' does scare off the younguns, SuperKimi was the first to leave. BTW, since your ten, don't tell your mummy or daddy, but I've got some lovely sweets for you...

Anywhere you like..., and yes all this 'adult talk' does scare off the younguns, SuperKimi was the first to leave. BTW, since your ten, don't tell your mummy or daddy, but I've got some lovely sweets for you...

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOVE SWEEETS.