Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Ferrari Theme Park

Work to start on Ferrari theme park

Construction work on Ferrari's theme park in Abu Dhabi is set to get underway after its president Luca di Montezemolo took part in a foundation stone ceremony over the weekend.

The park, due to open in 2009, is being built on Yas Island, which is also where the emirate's first Formula 1 grand prix will be staged in under two year's time.

Di Montezemolo and property development officials marked the symbolic occasion by burying a time capsule which included a piston from Ferrari's title-winning F2007 and an artist's impression of the park.

"This is a very special year for Ferrari," said the Italian squad's president

"Together with the extraordinary commercial success of our GT cars, it brought to Maranello the F1 constructors' world championship and the F1 drivers' world championship with Kimi Raikkonen, and I am particularly proud to be present to mark the symbolic start of this great project.

"Moreover, 2007 is the year of Ferrari's 60th anniversary, and this ceremony has therefore a further, important meaning."

The park is set to include roller-coasters, go-karts, theatres, driving schools and exhibition and learning centres and a giant statue of Michael Schumacher.

Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh that'll be nice for all you Ferrari lovers. I wonder if it'll be any good? Will Mclaren open an incredibly similar theme park only months after, stealing (but not really stealing) Ferrari's rollercoaster designs? So, would anyone consider going this place when/if it opens?

BTW, I added the bit in itallics to the end of the article, just to avoid any confusion.

Honda is working on a similar project.

Problem is that the rollercoaster is so slow, people falls from the carts when it does a loop.

Problem is that the rollercoaster is so slow, people falls from the carts when it does a loop.

I thought they caliberated it wrong so the rollercoaster became a merry go round....

Anyways, i may go to it; if i go to Abu Dhabi, which is not too far away from Bombay so...

I heard it has air bags. And the state of the art vtec which opens a valve below to let the passengers jump from height if they find the coaster too slow.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_officia...=456&page=1

See pics there.

Hmm, do wonder if, with this and the A1GP deal whether they are spreading themselves a bit thin??

Thanks Meanioni. Dune racing sounds cool. i have gone on the dune car but not raced....

I think they are diversifying and trying to cash in on their brand. Fiat is making a lot of losses and could use the money to buy out a few other companies...

Just like Porche trying to buy out VW(which includes Audi, Lamborgini)

A statue of Schumacher???

My goodness, I really do think Ferrari employees take it in turn to bum him

That was a addition by George