Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Schumacher Shines In Motogp Test

Not sure this is the right forum, but it is Michael so...

Schumacher shines in MotoGP test

By Glenn Freeman and Michele LostiaTuesday, November 6th 2007, 11:04 GMT

Michael Schumacher set a laptime just five seconds adrift of the front-running MotoGP riders when he tested the world-championship winning Ducati at Valencia on Monday.

The seven-time Formula One world champion rode Casey Stoner's Ducati GP7 during the afternoon, setting a best time of around 1 minute 37 seconds.

While the German's time was five seconds slower than Dani Pedrosa's fastest lap during Sunday's season finale, he was just one second slower than former 500cc world champion Kevin Schwantz, who was riding a Suzuki.

"I had no expectations, just enjoyment because I'm in love with motorbikes," Schumacher was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 38-year-old previously tested a Ducati at Mugello in 2005, and he admitted that he was hoping to be closer to the pace than he was on that occasion.

"At Mugello I lapped around 15 seconds off my target, while here I was hoping to stay within 10 seconds," he added. "It went even better so I'm happy."

Former Grand Prix rider Randy Mamola, who has given Schumacher a ride on the Ducati two-seater in the past, was full of praise for the German.

"The first thing I thought was it's a shame he is 38 instead of 28," said Mamola, "because in two or three years he could be a real racing rider.

"Even now he wouldn't look bad. Compared to his first test at Mugello he is a different rider."

space.gif

Not bad Mr.Schumi, although you can't make contact in MotoGP like your used to, no no I'm joking, obviously. What does everyone make of that? It sounds like he's improved since his last outing. I say good on him, glad to see he's still getting out.

Here is some source.

Mikey the Schu could be a top rider, if he applied 100%. As it is, his time is woefully short of even the average bike racer. Good that he had fun, though, but he should certainly stick to cars.

Mikey the Schu could be a top rider, if he applied 100%. As it is, his time is woefully short of even the average bike racer. Good that he had fun, though, but he should certainly stick to cars.

I read from another news souce that he said he didn't try to set a fastest lap.... So i think he could have gone much faster....

A shot of Schumi on the Ducati. Looks pretty comfortable on the thing

casey_stoner_wideweb__470x3120.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the article. Good to see Schumi having fun and that he could do pretty well on 2 wheels too.

Great to see him doing anything that involves motorsport. I wonder if he'll try and post a time when he drives the F2007 soon...?

Great to see him doing anything that involves motorsport. I wonder if he'll try and post a time when he drives the F2007 soon...?

Yeah for the testing i have to assume he will post a time... He is on the track for both days...

I thought he'd retired so he can relax and spend time with his family, finally away from F1, and yet instead he's spent most of the season involved with Ferrari, now testing their car, riding a MotoGP bike, and soon to represent Germany at the ROC!!

He's clearly still addicted to the track, and surely he will enter full time into some kind of racing in 2008. I think he needs it!

He's clearly still addicted to the track, and surely he will enter full time into some kind of racing in 2008. I think he needs it!

Not as much as i need it!

When you're blessed with speed, you really are blessed with speed.

Well done :clap3:

Yup, a nice gift to have.

A shot of Schumi on the Ducati. Looks pretty comfortable on the thing

Thanks for the pic, he does indeed look comfortable.

I think so, nature of the beast...

I thought he'd retired so he can relax and spend time with his family, finally away from F1, and yet instead he's spent most of the season involved with Ferrari, now testing their car, riding a MotoGP bike, and soon to represent Germany at the ROC!!

But what? Whatever he does has to involve Ferrari. I'd like to see him in DTM, in fact it's a shame Mika isn't racing, they could of duelled it out like they did all those years ago...

Thats what schumi is all about.Where ever he goes he gives all his effort and committment.So same was expected here also and he just did that.Showed some stunning pace on a Ducati. :clap3: