Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Bar Expect More Podiums....and A Win

Will BAR win a race in 2005?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will BAR win a race in 2005?

• It's very likely
    • Yes
    • It's quite possible
    • It's unlikely
    • No
    • Only in Dave Richards' dreams - Absolutely not, yet another unrealistic aim

From Planetf1.com:

Not content with Jenson Button's podium in Malaysia, BAR have vowed to start winning races having finally delivered a good game rather than just talked one.

Whereas BAR's two previous podiums, earned by Jacques Villeneuve in 2001, were somewhat fortuitous, Button's was anything but.

The Englishman was the third fastest driver on show and had overtaken McLaren's Kimi Raikkonen for third even before the Finn had to retire.

Having set some devastatingly fast laps in winter testing, the result was full vindication of BAR boss Dave Richards' persistent pre-season boasting that his team were on the verge of a breakthrough to challenge the big three.

"We have proven that what we did over the winter was no game, that this is really where we are. There is no point talking a good game, you have to be able to deliver," Richards told The Telegraph. "I said that last year was a year of building and this was the year we had to put some results on the board.

"To be honest it is the least I expected. Now we have to take it on. We have some new parts coming in Bahrain and in Imola, where we expect rather than hope to be competing for podium places."

Geoff Willis, the designer of the BAR006, has set his sights even higher.

“We would now very much like our first win. It’s stronger than a wish — it’s our plan," he said.

"Jenson has been the bridesmaid for so long that to get on the podium is very strong for him. As soon as you have broken through that barrier you know you can do it again."

Great Button and great BAR!

I think that the season is very long and they will get more podiums for sure. Anyway i think that Ferrari, Williams, Renault and in a few races McLaren are still strongers than BAR. Jaguar will probably not become a really competitive car but Webber is so good that he wil be challenging in a few races for podium. To sum up, lots of rivals for Button. I see him in the podium again but not winning races.

Yeah, I can see BAR winning, but a few top team retirements would be needed! :)

Yep, I can't see them winning on merit but if people retire

There is only a slight chance that BAR could win a race this year , in fact 2nd place is almost as hard .

3rd is within reason considering that retirements will happen ,although next race where it should be Hot will reveal alot of the Teams' reliability levels.

Can the Hondas last under those conditions should bode well if they are competative over the McLarens/Renaults ...Jaguar(Webber) is yet to be confirmed over a race distance and should be right there easy though.

BAR(Button) is really fighting to WIN third.

i think Sato wil win a race or 2. Button will struggle to get into the top 6.

I think want you meant to say was: I think Button will win a race or 2. Sato will struggle to get in the top 16.

I think want you meant to say was: I think Button will win a race or 2. Sato will struggle to get in the top 16.

i think i was just saying to get a reactiong from you....

i was fishing and i almost caught one :P:lol:

Button can get a few podiums this year...but not a win without alot of luck.

Sato could get a podium with some luck.

i think i was just saying to get a reactiong from you....

i was fishing and i almost caught one :P:lol:

Button can get a few podiums this year...but not a win without alot of luck.

Some luck? :shock: A miracle is what he needs! :D RS, JT, DC and MW will need some luck. If just three among MS, JPM, RB, KR, JB and FA finish without any problem the others won

I think they can, but only if the Ferrari breaks down first. other than that, it is possible for them to win.

The poll said 2005 not this year thats why I voted yes.

Takuma Sato is a shockingly poor driver and doesn’t deserve to be in F1. He barely manages to keep his car pointing in the right direction (always looking like he’s on the verge of loosing control) and often doesn’t and hence he spins a lot. He is pathetically slow and prone to crashing. The only reason he is on F1 is because Dave Richards is a complete inept fool who decided, in his wisdom, to sack a formed World Drivers Champion and succumb to pressure from Honda.

Takuma Sato is a shockingly poor driver and doesn

Takuma Sato is a shockingly poor driver and doesn

Button is at it again:

Paul Ricard testing, day 3

Pos Driver Car Time Laps

1 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1m11.047s 119

2 Antonio Pizzonia Williams 1m11.201s 129

3 Pedro de la Rosa McLaren 1m11.390s 30

4 Takuma Sato BAR 1m11.422s 80

5 Ralf Schumacher Williams 1m11.520s 104

6 Alexander Wurz McLaren 1m12.358s 31

7 Franck Montagny Renault* 1m12.468s 134

8 Ricardo Zonta 1m12.585s 94

9 Ryan Briscoe Toyota** 1m12.726s 110

*2003 car

**hybrid car

Button is up there , but Sato faster than Ralf ??? :lol::lol:

Pizzionia faster than Ralf ???? :lol::lol::lol:

I do not like Ralf .... so my belief is testing is testing ,nothing more .

The times don’t actually mean very much…it’s just to show how BAR are progressing. We have to be careful when looking at them as we don’t know fuel levels, what tyre compounds were used, the weight of the cars etc but its clear to see that BAR have progressed a lot since last year. Shame about their new driver line-up though.

all that i can say is that every team has a 1 in 10 chance of winning a race. hay eaven minardi can win (lets hope). but IF a cople of the top drivers retire ie M$, JPM, RB then button has a real chance of winning

Button has a better chance of CRASHING next race then winning it , BUT not as high of a chance as SATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

all that i can say is that every team has a 1 in 10 chance of winning a race. hay eaven minardi can win (lets hope). but IF a cople of the top drivers retire ie M$, JPM, RB then button has a real chance of winning

i dream of the day i see a minardi 1 - 2

you're not the only one. That'll stick it to the establishment.

shaun

you're not the only one. That'll stick it to the establishment.

shaun

YEA F*#K the establishment

BAR’s best chance of a victory this year will probably come at Suzuka. After all, Honda does own Suzuka and they produce a special Suzuka engine every year. Further more BAR did well there last year (although partly due to competitor retirements). I think they’ll also do particularly well at Silverstone and maybe Monza...

From ITV-F1.com:

BAR 1-2 IN BARCELONA TESTING

Last Updated: Friday, 09 April , 2004, 19:38

BAR duo Jenson Button and Takuma Sato finished 1-2 on the last day of testing at Barcelona.

Button and Schumacher beat world champion Michael Schumacher into third place on a damp day at the Spanish circuit.

After overnight rain, the circuit dried out throughout the morning until an afternoon shower again interrupted the teams' preparations for the San Marino GP.

Button and Sato shared a 006 chassis and the team's winter hybrid car, which was being pressed into action for the final time.

The team tried out a number of different aerdynamic options, while Ferrari concentrated on tyre and set-up work.

McLaren's Pedro de la Rosa was an encouraging fourth fastest in the MP4-19, less than three-tenths slower than Schumacher.

Williams' Ralf Schumacher retired hurt after just five laps, complaining of back pains. Luckily local boy Marc Gene was on hand to step into his shoes and had clocked up a century of laps before the end of the day.

Scott Dixon also ran for the British team and ended up ninth fastest. However, the New Zealander's day was punctuated by a lurid spin after he suffered a suspension failure.

Jaguar's Mark Webber completed the most mileage of anyone with a final total of 120 laps.

Friday testing times from Barcelona

1 Button BAR 1m15.079s

2 Sato BAR 1m15.304s

3 M.Schumacher Ferrari 1m15.625s

4 De la Rosa McLaren 1m15.812s

5 Webber Jaguar 1m15.886s

6 Gene Williams 1m15.948s

7 Wurz McLaren 1m16.268s

8 Barrichello Ferrari 1m16.515s

9 Dixon Williams 1m16.621s

10 R.Schumacher Williams 1m17.191s

11 Fisichella Sauber 1m17.244s