Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

India's Chandhok To Test For Red Bull Racing

Lets hope Red Bull have a reliable enough car so that this guy could actrually get a chance in F1.

Yeah, but does he deserve the chance? Maybe in the future, but really, has he done anything now to earn it?

Sorry, but the GP2 field was weak, and it seemed like it was easy to win. Karun has one win, just like Senna did. And you sure as hell wouldn't put Senna in an F1 car yet. Or maybe ever.

Narain never had the oppportunity to show us his crying... He was within reach of a podium and he lost to his teammate...

I think Karun is way faster than Narain... Narain isn't even bothered about F1 anymore, when was the last time he tested with Williams???

But I am sure Narain is faster. On a single lap, Narain is good enough to keep up with top drivers. Now, I am sure some guys here are gona rant. But I don't care. However he cant be consistent. What was the reason, I am not sure. Is it because he is not fit or his car was not fit. It was not because Narain was't bothered. It was because Williams was not bothered. I am still in the opinion that Alex should have been kept back in Williams. IMHO he is one of the best guys to develop the car.

But I am sure Narain is faster. On a single lap, Narain is good enough to keep up with top drivers. Now, I am sure some guys here are gona rant. But I don't care. However he cant be consistent. What was the reason, I am not sure. Is it because he is not fit or his car was not fit. It was not because Narain was't bothered. It was because Williams was not bothered. I am still in the opinion that Alex should have been kept back in Williams. IMHO he is one of the best guys to develop the car.

The major problem with narain was consistency.And i guess his commitment towards the sport wasnt enough which would give him more oppertunities.thats what i feel watching him in 2005 and i may differ from others.But I don't think he was not bothered.Its just that his efforts were not enough in the competitve world of f1.

The major problem with narain was consistency.And i guess his commitment towards the sport wasnt enough which would give him more oppertunities.thats what i feel watching him in 2005 and i may differ from others.But I don't think he was not bothered.Its just that his efforts were not enough in the competitve world of f1.

It could have been the car too. F1 cars especially the backrunning ones cannot perform consistently. NK did suffer mechanical problems too. We need to take that too in consideration. I think he would have done better if he tested for one year and then try race seat. His efforts were more than enough.

It could have been the car too. F1 cars especially the backrunning ones cannot perform consistently. NK did suffer mechanical problems too. We need to take that too in consideration. I think he would have done better if he tested for one year and then try race seat. His efforts were more than enough.

The thing is as of now i don't think he is interested in F1. This year he could have been lead test driver but choose to drive in A1 instead and let Nakajima do all the work....

The thing is as of now i don't think he is interested in F1. This year he could have been lead test driver but choose to drive in A1 instead and let Nakajima do all the work....

its unfair to say Narain is not interested in F1. he tried his best, There is no guarantee for him to be the lead test driver. He got virtually no chance to test last season.

its unfair to say Narain is not interested in F1. he tried his best, There is no guarantee for him to be the lead test driver. He got virtually no chance to test last season.

See i think if he had tried to test a few times, he may have gotten the race seat; unless you think Nakijima is better than him...

See i think if he had tried to test a few times, he may have gotten the race seat; unless you think Nakijima is better than him...

I agree.We can't say he wasn't interested in f1.but whenever he got a chance to race or test he was never that promising as u should be as a f1 driver.He was never the best or at least feel like one.I simply say lack of confidence may be.

There is no chance of him getting the race seat. Nakijima is toyota boy. I dont think Narain got atleast half the chance to test. I feel Narain is better, but Nakijima is good too. He deserves a seat anyways. But we have to wait till mid season next year to find out if he was a good choice.

Its as simple as that.Narain got a chance but failed to prove himself.Now we should wait and see whether signing Nakajima was a good decision or not.

Its as simple as that.Narain got a chance but failed to prove himself.Now we should wait and see whether signing Nakajima was a good decision or not.

TBH i don't care about Nakijima, the next national driver i support is Karun.... and part goes to FI...

TBH i don't care about Nakijima, the next national driver i support is Karun.... and part goes to FI...

Well me too support Karun as the next national driver.Who cares what happens to Nakajima.it was just to compare who was better in that williams.Whether Narain or Nakajima could have made a better team mate to Nico.

thats not true!

IMO .. NK is fairly good driver the problem was bit of uncontrolled aggression,not so impressive personality & age :mellow:

NK is better than Karun. I repeat, Nk is better. But Karun still has time.

Its like we all say that Button is a very promising driver.but the fact is he has till date done nothing to prove that he is that brilliant.Same is the case with NK.We all knew he was good.But when given the opportunity he couldn't even matched his own team mate's pace.It may be due to his driving problem or attitude or aggression.

It looks like Indian money is paving the way for an egotistical Grand Prix and GP careers for somewhat talentless drivers. I find it sad that in a country with so much poverty and a country that is constantly begging for fiscal aid from the more affluent parts of the world that millions of dollars a wasted on a race that few Indians are interested in.

I mean no disrespect to the Indian people, just the elite few who hold the check book of such a poverty stricken country.

But Bernie is happy to take the money that should be going to the starving.

Its like we all say that Button is a very promising driver.but the fact is he has till date done nothing to prove that he is that brilliant.Same is the case with NK.We all knew he was good.But when given the opportunity he couldn't even matched his own team mate's pace.It may be due to his driving problem or attitude or aggression.

I agree...

It looks like Indian money is paving the way for an egotistical Grand Prix and GP careers for somewhat talentless drivers. I find it sad that in a country with so much poverty and a country that is constantly begging for fiscal aid from the more affluent parts of the world that millions of dollars a wasted on a race that few Indians are interested in.

I mean no disrespect to the Indian people, just the elite few who hold the check book of such a poverty stricken country.

Read the response in the Indian GP thread. I would be happy to discuss it futhur....

In that case every country should stop spending money on sports and send money to poor people like me to study abroad.

sour grapes eh??? :eusa_think:<_<

Poverty n stuff leave that to indian govt.

Corporates are doing their best to increase employement in the country. Tata, Birla, Ambanis etc are bigger corporates who are increasing their business and thus employment. If F1 becomes popular in India it has bigger market than all the european countries combines just see the popularity of cricket in india. And everyone including bernie is hoping that.

Funny. You as a fellow human being have no concern for people who're starving, but feel fit to accuse of not doing their 'duty'. If it concerns you, do something about it, otherwise, shut up and mind your own business.

sour grapes eh??? :eusa_think:<_<

Poverty n stuff leave that to indian govt.

Corporates are doing their best to increase employement in the country. Tata, Birla, Ambanis etc are bigger corporates who are increasing their business and thus employment. If F1 becomes popular in India it has bigger market than all the european countries combines just see the popularity of cricket in india. And everyone including bernie is hoping that.

yep

like as if everyone are born rich.

Funny. You as a fellow human being have no concern for people who're starving, but feel fit to accuse of not doing their 'duty'. If it concerns you, do something about it, otherwise, shut up and mind your own business.

Ahhhh ! Reminds me of discussions in the past - How I long for the good old days !