Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

2008 Prediction Thread

I suggest you read "The Looming Tower".

I don't have to read it - I was alive in the 1990's, and NOT drunk or drugged out. I know what was happening. Clinton's were warned about using elint instead of humint, were warned about AlQaeda, were warned about Bin Laden. Bin Laden stated " Americans are fat lazy cowards, tthey shall do nothing" when Clinton was the president. Clinton cut military and intelligence budgets by 40%. If you want to rewrite history, chose somebody more gullible.

Whereas Bush's policies have been a total success.

So far, no repeat of 9/11, and Al Qaeda is confined more or less to Iraq and Afghqnistan, so his policies are at least more succesful than Clinton's.

So far, no repeat of 9/11, and Al Qaeda is confined more or less to Iraq and Afghqnistan, so his policies are at least more succesful than Clinton's.

Not so successful for the Iraqis though? If America's new policy is simply to look after itself with total disregard for everyone else's wellbeing, its no wonder every third person in the Middle East cheered 9/11. It's not even a success for America because Al Qaeda is just killing Americans over there instead. And I never cease to be amazed at how bad a job your own media does: do you know that your own intelligence agencies all agree that Iraq has made you less safe now than in 2001?

BMW is my favourite team but the new car is crap, it reminds me the 90's.

Crap, crap, crap... Will be the slowest BMW ever.

Again, again, again...

WDC

1 Lewis

2 Kimi

3 Fellipe

4 Nico

5 Heikki

WCC

1 Ferrari

2 McLaren

3 Williams

4 BMW

5 RBR

Left on the grid for being so sh*t - Honda

Scott Dixon will win the IRL championship, but Tony Kanaan will win the 500.

Champ Car won't live through the 14-race season and S

Scott Dixon will win the IRL championship, but Tony Kanaan will win the 500.

Champ Car won't live through the 14-race season and S

Yep, that or a court case.

:lol: Yeah, usually it's the court case, but more times than not, it's sleeping with the manager. The Lewis-Anthony-Ron triple threat slumber party at Bernie's seemed to be working as they could get quite creative and 3 is better than 1, but in the end, Bernie just couldn't resist drunken Kimi's finest.

3.Nelsinho Piquet

Nope, Nelson's ho will not do that well. She's far too ugly to do that well. After all, it's sleeping with the manager that wins the prizes in F1.

Just like last year's!

No, no, no. Last year they had the Panel Of Lewis Lovers, consisting of Peter Windsor, Anthony Hamilton, Ron Dennis, that Asian chick, Courtney Love, Sara Ojjeh, Pussy girl (the one in that weird alternative entertainment group, and not Peter Windsor), and Adrian Sutil, make an offer for Lewis to win. They came up $0.03 short to the Fans of Kimi, namely Finlandia Vodka, and now Lewis has to work a job as a DHL truck driver to help boost his championship fund next year.

The other report is that he failed to put his penis on Bernie's donkey, but that's just what elgo told me.

I don't have to read it - I was alive in the 1990's, and NOT drunk or drugged out.

As was I thank you very much- I'm not entirely sure what you're implying.

I know what was happening. Clinton's were warned about using elint instead of humint, were warned about AlQaeda, were warned about Bin Laden. Bin Laden stated " Americans are fat lazy cowards, tthey shall do nothing" when Clinton was the president. Clinton cut military and intelligence budgets by 40%. If you want to rewrite history, chose somebody more gullible.

Actually I was just making a recommendation- I wasn't trying to be inflammatory. However from reading that book (which is by far the most well-cited book I've ever read on the subject) my impression is that the endemic culture of secrecy within the US intelligence services was more to blame for 9/11 than Clinton's governmental decisions. The various agencies had enough funding to identify Bin Laden as a threat (up to the point of considering taking him out), and intelligence had uncovered all the pieces of the puzzle. They just failed to put them together due to internal political machinations.

Random post I saw wen glancing over this thread... but... 9/11 happened under Bush, so Clinton > Bush already, right there.

I'm sure those who died in Madrid and London would be reassured that those who perpetrated the attacks had to fly all the way to Afghanistan to be trained.

hmmmmm to early to predict yet but I'm going for a rough guess....

1. Ferrari: Cars seems to be the quickest, shocking i know :o

2. McLaren: Heikki to beat Hamilton but Macca wont match the red cars

gap

3. Renault: Alonso return brings a slight increase in form

4. Red Bull: the TC ban will help Webber more than DC, RB4 more reliable and quick

5. BMW: got to greedy in search of speed and built a dud car thats too hard to understand

6. Williams: Hard to tell with them, wont have a fair idea until Melbourne, testing never represents Williams true pace

7. Toyota: i think they're just guessing now with their car, Trulli loses interest half way through season and Glock beats him

gap

8. Toro Rosso: they wont match the sister team because they get the car to late to develop it

9. Honda: Car looks like it was built by a 4 year old, Button will get angry and leave, Barrichello retires

10. FI: Fisi improves their pace and they finish ahead of Aguri

11. Aguri: lack of money means lack of pace unfortunately

2008 Constructors Standings Prediction 2/5/08

1.Ferrari

2.Renault

3.McLaren

4.BMW Sauber

5.Red Bull

6.Toyota

7.Williams

8.Toro Rosso

9.Honda

10.Super Aguri

11.Force India

2008 Drivers Standings Prediction 2/5/08

1.Kimi Raikkonen

2.Lewis Hamilton

3.Felipe Massa

4.Fernando Alonso

5.Nelson Piquet

6.Heikki Kovalainen

7.Robert Kubica

8.Nick Heidfeld

9.Nico Rosberg

10.Mark Webber

11.Jarno Trulli

12.Timo Glock

13.Kazuki Nakajima

14.Jenson Button

15.David Coulthard

16.Sebastian Vettel

17.Takuma Sato

18.Sebastien Bourdais

19.Rubens Barrichello

20.Anthony Davidson

21.Giancarlo Fisichella

22.Adrian Sutil

Pretty similar really.

I think the FI's might be further up but won't score any points and so by default get last.

2008 Constructors Standings Prediction 2/5/08

1.Ferrari

2.Renault

3.McLaren

4.BMW Sauber

5.Red Bull

6.Toyota

7.Williams

8.Toro Rosso

9.Honda

10.Super Aguri

11.Force India

2008 Drivers Standings Prediction 2/5/08

1.Kimi Raikkonen

2.Lewis Hamilton

3.Felipe Massa

4.Fernando Alonso

5.Nelson Piquet

6.Heikki Kovalainen

7.Robert Kubica

8.Nick Heidfeld

9.Nico Rosberg

10.Mark Webber

11.Jarno Trulli

12.Timo Glock

13.Kazuki Nakajima

14.Jenson Button

15.David Coulthard

16.Sebastian Vettel

17.Takuma Sato

18.Sebastien Bourdais

19.Rubens Barrichello

20.Anthony Davidson

21.Giancarlo Fisichella

22.Adrian Sutil

Pretty similar really.

I think the FI's might be further up but won't score any points and so by default get last.

ok you've got red bull 5th and williams 7th yet you have rosberd 9th and webber 10th, nakajima 13th and couthard 15th??????

ok you've got red bull 5th and williams 7th yet you have rosberd 9th and webber 10th, nakajima 13th and couthard 15th??????

Good of you to point that out....

Predicting the Drivers' Championship now would be inconclusive from a personal point of view so I will predict the Constructors' Championship.

1) Ferrari

2) Renault

3) McLaren

4) BMW Sauber

5) Williams

6) Red Bull

7) Toyota

8) Toro Rosso

9) Honda

10) Force India

11) Super Aguri

You've got to say that out of raw talent, based on those predictions its really between Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso to start with.

Decided to do the Constructors, like schumi13...

1) Ferrari

2) Renault

3) McLaren

4) BMW Sauber

5) Red Bull

6) Williams

7) Toyota

8) Toro Rosso

9) Honda

10) Force India

11) Super Aguri

I'm gunna predict the tires championship:

1: Bridgestone

I will also predict Bridgestone tires will be used to score 702 points.

No way Eric - you are soooooooooooooooo wrong...i betcha that Bridgestone will score 702 points and win the tyre championship.

Wanna argue about it :P:P :P :P

I have a deep, thorough and complete knowledge of F1. I know what all the drivers are thinking at every moment of the day and how the team bosses are going to run their teams this year. ALL the technical directors ring me at home to see what strategies they should run and the pit babes ask me what they should wear to each race (the answer is always nothing but, strangely, they ignore me).

1. McLaren, and Hamilton will trounce the other guy in that there team

2. Ferrari, and Kimi will smile at every second, third or fourth place he gets and he will positively faint dead away with emotion if he wins one.

3. ForceIndia, why does no-one take them seriously? May the force be with you Fisi ('cos you'll need it)

4. Lotus, I don't know why they haven't been in the points for the last 20 years

5. Ferrari because that damn Raikkonen seems to be everywhere at once

6. Renault but only because I feel sorry for Alonso (Bye, bye Alonso - you're about to be an also ran - hehe :naughty: )

For the small consideration of

I have a deep, thorough and complete knowledge of F1. I know what all the drivers are thinking at every moment of the day and how the team bosses are going to run their teams this year. ALL the technical directors ring me at home to see what strategies they should run and the pit babes ask me what they should wear to each race (the answer is always nothing but, strangely, they ignore me).

1. McLaren, and Hamilton will trounce the other guy in that there team

2. Ferrari, and Kimi will smile at every second, third or fourth place he gets and he will positively faint dead away with emotion if he wins one.

3. ForceIndia, why does no-one take them seriously? May the force be with you Fisi ('cos you'll need it)

4. Lotus, I don't know why they haven't been in the points for the last 20 years

5. Ferrari because that damn Raikkonen seems to be everywhere at once

6. Renault but only because I feel sorry for Alonso (Bye, bye Alonso - you're about to be an also ran - hehe :naughty: )

For the small consideration of