Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Button's Comments On Lewis

I get Jenson's point and he's right in saying that nothing is bankable in F1.

However, Lewis is still young and more importantly is pretty good. I reckon he'll get another shot.

My thoughts exactly.

<-------- :lol: You *like* this beard? Now your Fernando lovin' makes sense: you must like 'em hairy... :P

S-T-A-Y away from the bottle, man...

Just a few points.

Firstly, Hamilton had more wins after 7 races than Button had after 100 (yes you read that correctly)

and yes Button is right, there are no sure things in this sport (except maybe FIA supporting anything Ferrari wants)

I for one am waiting to hear Kimi's thoughts on Button's thoughts on Hamilton, I bet they go something like this...

smorf um twigle um mffeff swigy Hamilton, umm, yorg flibity mffeff smorf Button, ummm, fligity pfitery mffeff smorg ummm forforf jibibity mffeff swigy twigle pfitery mffeff smorg....mffeff ummmm mffeff.

There's not much wrong with what he's saying save I think he's trying to put himself next to Lewis in terms of abillity which is utter nonsense.

Well it might not be as even RB now believes that Button has the talent and ability to match Hamilton.Now if Brawn is able to produce a miraculously improved car then we might see a head to head fight between Button and Hamilton. :eusa_think:

"Even" Rubens? Don't you think the man who was beaten by Jenson quite convincingly would look pretty bad if he didn't make out Jenson was one of the greatest drivers ever? Not to mention they're in the same team. This is the same as Brundle saying Schumi was the best in the period when he was Schumacher's team mate before later admitting he thought Senna had more raw speed.

Yeah, she calls it a 'picture box' though, anyway so what if Elton John has a tv.

bah. nothing.

i was just curious.

Actually for some reason I was thinking that Lewis may never win the title for some reason?

Think about it, He drove car 2 this last year, He finished 2nd 5 times to my memory, 4 consecutively, I think thats more than may other driver in the field?

And next season he will drive car No. 22 and he was SUPPOSED to be No.2 to Fernando Alonso in the past season before it became clear that Lewis is every match to be a Equal to Fernando in More ways than one! ( Think of the points tally).

is it just me and JB thinking along the same lines here as me? am I thinking along the lines of a Famous Grand Prix Driver? if so WOW!!!!

And McLaren and Honda seem to Parallel each other think of 04 and 06 Honda were extremely competitive and Mclaren cars were absolute dogs in those years and in 03, 05 and 07 the McLaren's were strong and the B.A.R/Honda's were poor machines so maybe next season it may all change again for Honda especially after their Latest singing (Apparently) Ross Brawn...

I like your logic. Lewis also only has two testicles, two ears and two eyes. With his father along side, they have two mouths and amazingly all Lewis's girlfriend's have had two breasts. He eats his lunch sometimes at two o'clock, he likes the song 'It takes two baby' and when he drives goes from first gear into second. He eats two slices of toast, two rashers of bacon and watches programmes on BBC2. He buys his footwear in pairs, always goes from the first step to the second step on stairs and believes that two types of each species boarded Noah's ark.

This proves that God exists, that Lewis and/or Fernando was/is/has been/will be sabotaged, that Michael was the fastest of all time, that Max is a fool, that Renault cheated too, that life is but a dream and the moon is made of cheese.

I like your logic. Lewis also only has two testicles, two ears and two eyes. With his father along side, they have two mouths and amazingly all Lewis's girlfriend's have had two breasts. He eats his lunch sometimes at two o'clock, he likes the song 'It takes two baby' and when he drives goes from first gear into second. He eats two slices of toast, two rashers of bacon and watches programmes on BBC2. He buys his footwear in pairs, always goes from the first step to the second step on stairs and believes that two types of each species boarded Noah's ark.

This proves that God exists, that Lewis and/or Fernando was/is/has been/will be sabotaged, that Michael was the fastest of all time, that Max is a fool, that Renault cheated too, that life is but a dream and the moon is made of cheese.

:lolroll:

There is a name for such line of reasoning, according to Umberto Ecco: it's called "cogitus interruptus"

There is a name for such line of reasoning, according to Umberto Ecco: it's called "cogitus interruptus"

Steve's reasoning is based on the withdrawal method ?? :eusa_think::lol:

Ohh he forgot to mention, the guy in Car number 6 won the WDC, that itself has to mean something right...

Why does this guy's name seem familar???

Steve's reasoning is based on the withdrawal method ?? :eusa_think::lol:

No, it's based on the rhythm method. I believe that was invented by Gershwin.

Hamilton may never be champion, says Button

By Alan BaldwinSunday, November 11th 2007, 10:57 GMT

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton may have blown his best chance of winning the Formula One title by failing to secure this year's championship, according to fellow-Briton Jenson Button.

"He (Hamilton) is a great driver, but there are lots of great drivers in Formula One who did not have his package," the Honda driver told the Mail on Sunday newspaper.

"What would worry me is the lost opportunity. You can't say in my sport: 'Oh well, I only missed out by a point so next year I'll go one better.' It doesn't work out like that."

Hamilton had a 12-point lead going into the penultimate race of the season in China but ended up losing the title by a single point to Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen after a nightmare season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix last month.

"He should be sick as a dog because another chance like that might not come round again," said Button.

22-year-old Hamilton, who won four races in his rookie season, will start next year as a title favourite.

I couldn't take out anything from that, that I couldn't understand. More than relevant points.

I'm not surprised and it says more about Button's mentality. He's got the opposite problem and so takes something from the fact that he's never had a missed opportunity and so believes his opportunity is still to come.

Ahh my little Jenson is all grown up and is very correct in his opinion that Lewis might never get another chance! Lewis maybe happy with 2nd but lets face it, he is the first loser which is not good, and any F1 driver would be gutted finishing 2nd in the best car!