Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Brawn To Honda! What The??

According to reports in the Telegraph, former technical guru at Ferrari, Ross Brawn, will be unveiled as the new head man at Honda later today, taking over the role from Nick Fry, who will more than willingly take a step back into the role of Chief Executive and hand the reigns over to Brawn to ensure a future winning team.

Ferrari had hoped that Brawn would return to their Maranello based outfit after taking a sabbatical this season, however he wanted the team boss role rather than returning to that of technical director.

However, that role is currently taken by Frenchman Jean Todt, who has made it well known that he has no intention of stepping down anytime soon, especially after the titles were returned to the team this season after two years at Renault.

This will put an end to rumours that brawn and Alonso were headed to Red Bull to make a super team and should help ally Jenson Button

Cool.

Now go to the all black livery they tested with and let's win us some races.

The more competitive teams on the grid, the better.

Cool.

Now go to the all black livery they tested with and let's win us some races.

The more competitive teams on the grid, the better.

Agreed. That all black livery looked awesome last winter. They need to ditch that mother earth crap..

honda_ra107.jpg

Sad for Ferrari, but I guess this means Honda will improve a lot. Somehow, it doesn't feel right. A member of the Ferrari family departing elsewhere. I guess interests are permanent , not relationships.

Sad for Ferrari, but I guess this means Honda will improve a lot. Somehow, it doesn't feel right. A member of the Ferrari family departing elsewhere. I guess interests are permanent , not relationships.

i wold say he would not be able t imporove the team till at least half way thru....

Yes, no surprise really that he is leaving Ferrari, he has long mentioned that he will only be interested in a Team Princle role not a technical director which is the only thing on offer at Ferrari, he has mentioned that he wants to spend more time in England with his family, he has recently sold his house in Italy.

Great signing by Honda definately their best decision to date.

Now I wonder how long Nakamoto will last as technical director???

Ross will have his work cut out trying to sort the team out, and doubt he will stand for the poor ability of Nakamoto in the technical director seat. Maybe another key signing on the horizon???

Lets see (when confirmed ofcourse) if he has full power over the team or he will be a yes man answering to Honda in Japan???

Wow, that's a surprise. Button must be stoked. How about an Alonso & Button pairing. That would actually be kind of awesome. Since Renault could be buggered as a team concerning this spy scandal, head to Honda and put in some hard years to try to make a difference.

Though I wonder how long Brawns contract is. Somehow I still see him running Ferrari in the future. Maybe once Todt retires, he'll take over the show there.

That livery is awesome. It would look amazing with Jenson's Union Jack helmet in the c#ckpit.

Here's a shot with Button onboard. Custom black helmet looks pretty evil matched with the car.

_42543563_buttonhonda416.jpg

Agreed. That all black livery looked awesome last winter. They need to ditch that mother earth crap..

honda_ra107.jpg

I love that look. Too bad it won't make it to the race track though.

That livery is awesome. It would look amazing with Jenson's Union Jack helmet in the c#ckpit.

The livery is the least of their worries at the moment. Having Ross on board will no doubt help with some sponsor acquisition you would like to like; they can't keep the (f)ugly earth livery for yet another season surely???

What did I tell you all months back! Brawn would be a member of the Honda team next season and I was of course right! It's a new big challenge for him to undertake, just the sort he wanted!

Great news!

You know if Honda did run in that black paint job, they'd get that 0.6 seconds back Alonso always talks about... Black always makes something look faster :lol:

As the saying goes "once you have had black, you will never go back!!!" :naughty:

What did I tell you all months back! Brawn would be a member of the Honda team next season and I was of course right! It's a new big challenge for him to undertake, just the sort he wanted!

Great news!

Great prediction JR

Now all we have to do is wait for the official press release :eusa_think:

Well as a Ferrari fan i am bit disappointed to see brawn in honda.But its definetely a challenge that he would love to accept.Good for him to be back in f1 and make another team win just like he did with ferrari.

But i wonder what will alonso do .Will he go 2 Honda now?coz he is a badly wounded spaniard who would do whatever it takes to win again. :eusa_think:

Great signing by Honda definately their best decision to date.

Absolutely.

Now I wonder how long Nakamoto will last as technical director???

I have started my stopwatch......

As great as Brawn is, is he really going to be able to overcome the rule by committee type of work place that Honda and Toyota run their companies by? Obviously a few have tried before him. It's a great opportunity for him, but if he ends up not really being able to appoint, fire/hire and do what he feels the team needs, then expect more of the same from Honda. I hope Brawn succeeds. Heck we all do. Honda has been in the ditch far too long.

As great as Brawn is, is he really going to be able to overcome the rule by committee type of work place that Honda and Toyota run their companies by? Obviously a few have tried before him. It's a great opportunity for him, but if he ends up not really being able to appoint, fire/hire and do what he feels the team needs, then expect more of the same from Honda. I hope Brawn succeeds. Heck we all do. Honda has been in the ditch far too long.

I think this is the question on everyone's mind. We know that he was given control to change ferrari (for the better) but will the powers that be at Honda be as brave and let him run the show as he wants???

this is the biggest question. Surely he would have been smart enough to add this into his contract? Well lets hope anyway. !!!

Yup :thbup:

It's good to see Brawn board the Honda ship. Hope he can save it from sinking.

Brilliant news. I think it would be a great pairing and anything good for Button is ok with me.

Didn't expect Vrawn to go anywhere but Ferrari though, and actually it wouldn't have surprised me if he had just retired.

How wrong I was.

Anyone seen the news on Domenicali and Todt????

what is that about? Seems strange that if they were getting rid of Todt anyway that Brawn did not take over????

thoughts?

Never ever change your mind after first thought. It seems first thought was right -- Dominecali is not going to be Ferrari F1 team chief yet, he just took over something from Todt.

At least that is my understanding :P

Here's a shot with Button onboard. Custom black helmet looks pretty evil matched with the car.

_42543563_buttonhonda416.jpg

The all carbon-fiber hlemet was ****ing insane. I want it back.

The latest news confirm that this is the end of the F1 world as we know it.

Brown to Honda.

Jean Todd replaced

Renault facing a spy case who knows what will happen with this.

Schumi testing.

Ralph contract-would be under threat.

Alonso, we don't know where is he going to be next season.

Mclaren could be feeling this year's sanction next season.

I guess next season will be still better than this one.