Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zdzisio

Lewis Isn't The Greatest

Looking at these pole results, I would love to know just what type of spectators were polled the question... must have been lawn-bowling or field hockey observers...

I am not saying LH should be on the list and I agree with "some" of the names on the list, but I think most true racing enthusists would agree ......

Results of this pole ...... gim'me a break :rolleyes:

Kubica ahead of kimi is for sure suspect.

Either monkeys tallied the survey... or the survey was given to monkeys.

As a total driver NOT total package, Fangio is untouchable.

They were asking F1 *fans*, so I am not very surprised with the overrepresentation of current drivers or drivers fans might at least remember watching. Not surprised with Kubica's position also: despite the overall point result, he took part in the most spectacular *on_track* events of past season - Montreal crush and rain battle with Massa. I guess his overtaking on *both* Heidfeld and Rosberg is quite high on youtube also.

They were asking F1 *fans*, so I am not very surprised with the overrepresentation of current drivers or drivers fans might at least remember watching. Not surprised with Kubica's position also: despite the overall point result, he took part in the most spectacular *on_track* events of past season - Montreal crush and rain battle with Massa. I guess his overtaking on *both* Heidfeld and Rosberg is quite high on youtube also.

just a question!

Was this survey taken in Poland? :D

I don't see how Lewis could be considered one of the greatest anyway, not on the strength of one season. Ridiculous.

I'm sure it wasn't. In that case Robert wouldn't be 5th.

Kubica shouldn't even be on the list :huh:

Alain Prost 8th :o

I rest my case

-_-

Kubica shouldn't even be on the list :huh:

Alain Prost 8th :o

I rest my case

-_-

Yeah.. maybe just me but I consider myself a bit of a racing enthusist and this poll seems a "little skewed"

Subjects must have been a little biased or very ignorant (especially about past F1 drivers)

5th: Mika Hakkinen and Robert Kubica, 7th: Kimi Raikkonen :wacko:

and tie for 5th position :yawn:

Anyways topic title is catchy and of course he isn't the greatest f1 driver yet!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!! Isn't it funny, that everyone complaining about results of this survey is a fan of a driver NOT in the top 10! I TOLD you, you self-appointed experts, that Kubica's fan base is HUGE! He was adopted by virtually the entire eastern Europe as their own. Hamilton is not there because only Brits think he is wonderful. He has talent, but his histrionics and whining turned off most of his former fans. Given a competitive car, Kubica would outdrive Hamilton any time. The F1 pundits are so one sided and, frankly, clueless is laughable. I can train a monkey to look at the stats and come up with the "best" driver based on the times and placing alone. But a monkey (and a lot of those self-appointed experts) forget that there is more to any driver than the stats. Which is what I have been trying to tell you for a year, but got shot down every time. Well, go back and wallow in your own satisfaction that you simply know better than millions of people out there.

The conceeded, caustic, sardonic, and whiny tone of that article is precious. ooooooooh, I am SOOOO sorry your favorites didn't get in. :clap3: no Hami, no Rambo, :mf_tongue:

Oh, for all those of you who questions these results, ING asked 8,500 people. Thats 6 times more than a standard US presidential poll, which usually consists of about 1,500 respondents and has about 1%-3% margin of error. Now, if the poll showed Kovalainen or other past or present Renault or French drivers ruling the world of F1, I would question the results. But it does not, in general terms. If any one of you have any real scientific (as opposed to the fact that the results clash with your own beliefs) reason why that poll is NOT correct, please, feel free to show me your proof. If not, just shut up.

Yeah no Mention of Fernando, not in the survey and no-one has mentioned him in the forum so far.

Even Gilles Villeneuve, Ronnie Peterson Alan Jones and Mark Webber in the forum have not been mentioned yet either so far.

We should not pick on Lewis not making this list because he does join a long list of brillant drivers and BTW multiple world champions who deserve to be there in this list.

so...................

No offence Zdzisio the topic starter Lewis is not the greatest is a silly topic headline

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!! Isn't it funny, that everyone complaining about results of this survey is a fan of a driver NOT in the top 10! I TOLD you, you self-appointed experts, that Kubica's fan base is HUGE! He was adopted by virtually the entire eastern Europe as their own. Hamilton is not there because only Brits think he is wonderful. He has talent, but his histrionics and whining turned off most of his former fans. Given a competitive car, Kubica would outdrive Hamilton any time. The F1 pundits are so one sided and, frankly, clueless is laughable. I can train a monkey to look at the stats and come up with the "best" driver based on the times and placing alone. But a monkey (and a lot of those self-appointed experts) forget that there is more to any driver than the stats. Which is what I have been trying to tell you for a year, but got shot down every time. Well, go back and wallow in your own satisfaction that you simply know better than millions of people out there.

The conceeded, caustic, sardonic, and whiny tone of that article is precious. ooooooooh, I am SOOOO sorry your favorites didn't get in. :clap3: no Hami, no Rambo, :mf_tongue:

Oh, for all those of you who questions these results, ING asked 8,500 people. Thats 6 times more than a standard US presidential poll, which usually consists of about 1,500 respondents and has about 1%-3% margin of error. Now, if the poll showed Kovalainen or other past or present Renault or French drivers ruling the world of F1, I would question the results. But it does not, in general terms. If any one of you have any real scientific (as opposed to the fact that the results clash with your own beliefs) reason why that poll is NOT correct, please, feel free to show me your proof. If not, just shut up.

Not a very gracious reply