Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zdzisio

Lewis Isn't The Greatest

The biggest omissions are Clark and Fangio, some people need to study up on their F1 knowledge.

Who?

just a question!

Was this survey taken in Poland? :D

If it was there would be no Alain Prost on it. If you ask average pole who's the greatest f1 driver of all time most will say SENNA, fewer Schumacher (not like they've ever watched a race or have any idea about f1, but those are the most famous names), but only a few know who's Alain Prost (cause he didn't die in a spectacular way and didn't dominate wdc for few years straight). Asked about the names like Stewart,Clark, Fangio, Moss etc is pointless cause nobody, even people interested in modern f1, know who they are.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!! Isn't it funny, that everyone complaining about results of this survey is a fan of a driver NOT in the top 10! I TOLD you, you self-appointed experts, that Kubica's fan base is HUGE! He was adopted by virtually the entire eastern Europe as their own. Hamilton is not there because only Brits think he is wonderful. He has talent, but his histrionics and whining turned off most of his former fans. Given a competitive car, Kubica would outdrive Hamilton any time. The F1 pundits are so one sided and, frankly, clueless is laughable. I can train a monkey to look at the stats and come up with the "best" driver based on the times and placing alone. But a monkey (and a lot of those self-appointed experts) forget that there is more to any driver than the stats. Which is what I have been trying to tell you for a year, but got shot down every time. Well, go back and wallow in your own satisfaction that you simply know better than millions of people out there.

The conceeded, caustic, sardonic, and whiny tone of that article is precious. ooooooooh, I am SOOOO sorry your favorites didn't get in. :clap3: no Hami, no Rambo, :mf_tongue:

Oh, for all those of you who questions these results, ING asked 8,500 people. Thats 6 times more than a standard US presidential poll, which usually consists of about 1,500 respondents and has about 1%-3% margin of error. Now, if the poll showed Kovalainen or other past or present Renault or French drivers ruling the world of F1, I would question the results. But it does not, in general terms. If any one of you have any real scientific (as opposed to the fact that the results clash with your own beliefs) reason why that poll is NOT correct, please, feel free to show me your proof. If not, just shut up.

The poll is correct as it shows the opinions (lack of knowledge) a lot of people have, no one can deny that the poll isn't 'truthful' or 'factual' in that sense, it may well be an accurate representation. The poll shows popularity, why do you take the opinions of the general public over the 'pundits'? It can still be argued that the opinions of the people asked are wrong (unless you actually believe Kubica is the seventh greatest of all time), as all this poll shows is opinions and beliefs, everyone's is different. All it does is highlight ignorance really. I wouldn't place Hamilton in a top ten list yet anyway.

Who?

I suppose I asked for that one. :D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!! Isn't it funny, that everyone complaining about results of this survey is a fan of a driver NOT in the top 10! I TOLD you, you self-appointed experts, that Kubica's fan base is HUGE! He was adopted by virtually the entire eastern Europe as their own. Hamilton is not there because only Brits think he is wonderful. He has talent, but his histrionics and whining turned off most of his former fans. Given a competitive car, Kubica would outdrive Hamilton any time. The F1 pundits are so one sided and, frankly, clueless is laughable. I can train a monkey to look at the stats and come up with the "best" driver based on the times and placing alone. But a monkey (and a lot of those self-appointed experts) forget that there is more to any driver than the stats. Which is what I have been trying to tell you for a year, but got shot down every time. Well, go back and wallow in your own satisfaction that you simply know better than millions of people out there.

The conceeded, caustic, sardonic, and whiny tone of that article is precious. ooooooooh, I am SOOOO sorry your favorites didn't get in. :clap3: no Hami, no Rambo, :mf_tongue:

Oh, for all those of you who questions these results, ING asked 8,500 people. Thats 6 times more than a standard US presidential poll, which usually consists of about 1,500 respondents and has about 1%-3% margin of error. Now, if the poll showed Kovalainen or other past or present Renault or French drivers ruling the world of F1, I would question the results. But it does not, in general terms. If any one of you have any real scientific (as opposed to the fact that the results clash with your own beliefs) reason why that poll is NOT correct, please, feel free to show me your proof. If not, just shut up.

:lol: What a stupid post.

If it was there would be no Alain Prost on it. If you ask average pole who's the greatest f1 driver of all time most will say SENNA, fewer Schumacher (not like they've ever watched a race or have any idea about f1, but those are the most famous names), but only a few know who's Alain Prost (cause he didn't die in a spectacular way and didn't dominate wdc for few years straight). Asked about the names like Stewart,Clark, Fangio, Moss etc is pointless cause nobody, even people interested in modern f1, know who they are.

Thank God there are Poles like you though.

There are several, but the inclusion of Kubica in a list of F1's greatest drivers relegates the poll to fantasy. Kubica has only been in F1 for just over a year, has never won a race or a WDC, yet is ranked higher than Prost (4 x WDC) and Nando among others. The poll is for the uninitiated, of which you seem to be a fully fledged member.

Kubica's fan base may be huge, but I'd argue it isn't as huge as Lewis'. Nando, Kimi, Ruebens, Coulthard, Webber's. The guy has only had one full season in F1, was comprehensively beaten by his team mate, yet d!ckheads think he's the next best thing - He is not!

Anyway, carry on

-_-

This post of yours really does surprise me, Piotr. I know you are a Kubica fan and I know you have had several clashes of opinions with a few other members about Kubica, however, I always thought you were quite reasonable most of the time and didn't think you would post something like this.

The reason Hamilton is not in there is because he is not even close to being the greatest, in fact he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath. He may obtain greatness, who knows what the future is, all we know is that he has talent and potential.

The thing is, I think most, notice the 'most', forum members have agreed that Kubica looks like a decent enough driver and one to watch for the future, which makes your post even more surprising. I think you have hit the nail on the head though when referring to Kubica's fan base, as that is obviously a major factor.

Anyone who looks at that list and agrees with it as an indication of F1 driver greatness seriously needs to find another sport. There are a few obvious ones there who would be on many people's list of top 10 greatest drivers, but far too many names missing to be taken seriously.

Edit: By the way, I have been a fan of several of the drivers in that list, but still can't take it seriously.

Maybe people mistaked this poll for who's their favourite driver?

Working in advertising for well over 15 years and having the opportunity to closely scan more than a lot of polls, I can assure you that each poll is carefully planned to bring up the results we want for our customers. Who shall we ask? What shall we ask? etc, etc... So, it doesn't matter if the sample is 1.500 or 8.500 respondents, we'll still get the result we want!... Amazing?

However, this poll tells us absolutely nothing about Lewis... He has only raced for one season, while others on the list have raced for years! The only comparison that could be made is that of who of them had the best results in his first season. Care to poll on that one?... No?... Guessed so...

Lewis is a hell of a racer and we'll just have to wait until the 'great' Showmaker will be announced 'the previous Hamilton'...

BTW: Kubica is one of my favorites as well...

Obviously, Lewis is not the greatest of all time after just one season.

However, I'm struggling to see how Kubica is rated above him and Raikkonen in such a list and what happened to what most people see as the all time greats such as Fangio and Clark.

Kubica is highly rated cos he had an extra half a season & replaced JV. Everyone thought Rico Rosberg would do wonders in F1 after his 1st season but..............

Kubica is highly rated cos he had an extra half a season & replaced JV. Everyone thought Rico Rosberg would do wonders in F1 after his 1st season but..............

Rico Rosberg? Is that like a Spanish-Finn combo?

What do you know <_<

Rosberg is more highly regarded than Kubica

Rosberg is well respected and for good reason, and certainly more so than Kubica who had a terrible season really.

I would think Kubica is higher rated than Nico any day...

I would think Kubica is higher rated than Nico any day...

Really, or is that sarcasm? Difficult to tell. But anyway I think Rosberg has a lot of respect down the pitlane, Kubica hasn't really lived up to expectations yet.

Really, or is that sarcasm? Difficult to tell. But anyway I think Rosberg has a lot of respect down the pitlane, Kubica hasn't really lived up to expectations yet.

Nah i am honest. Kubica has shown he is capable of a WDC easily. This year he has had quite some bad luck. I remember that race where he got the lead and before completing one lap, he reitred...

Nah i am honest. Kubica has shown he is capable of a WDC easily. This year he has had quite some bad luck. I remember that race where he got the lead and before completing one lap, he reitred...

Well I don't know, matter of opinion I suppose, I don't think he's capable of a WDC yet to be honest, I'm not even convinced that Rosberg is.

Well I don't know, matter of opinion I suppose, I don't think he's capable of a WDC yet to be honest, I'm not even convinced that Rosberg is.

Neither Kubica or Rosberg are WDC material.

The drivers on the 2007 grid who were/are capable:

Kimi

Fernando

Lewis

With a slight chance of Massa, I'm a little undecided there.