Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Alonso To Champ Car !!

Ok it's late and I'm bored. Was just thinking what Alonso can do for next year.

Then the idea hit me. You know apart from Nigel and JV there hasn't been too many dual or more champions from the various top leagues in sport.

Imagine a driver and manager, who had a game plan to win all the top motor sports series over their careers.

F1, Champ Car, IRL, Rally, MotoGp, Le Mans, Dakar. Maybe Nascar, but from what I've seen, if the pack doesn't like you, you will not be able to win. Am I wrong on this?

Anyway, how cool would it be for a driver to decide early on he's going to go flat out and try to win all the top series in sports. Probably never going to happen. But it's late as I said and I'm dreaming here.

Its not realistic, as the cars are different and its not too easy to adjust to all of them, I'd say on average it takes around 2-3 years to adjust and get a good team in a new sport....So very unlikely as it would take 14-21 years of racing to get that...

Aye. But, and this is a huge one. What if a large company backing this driver were in on the gig as well. That way, this driver could have seats in some of the better teams throughout the various series. I mean we all saw the times Schumi did on the Ducati. It's not impossible, if the talent is there, but the funding, backing and being able to have seats in the top teams would be essential.

Well Newman/haas still have Seb's seat not filled out and wouldn't that be a boon to CCWSif Fernando went there.

If CCWS are in the money trouble I wonder if Fernando's singing may be the savior it needs?

an everyone please stop with the Alonso to so-&-so BS! I think it's getting out of hand with people saying Alonso to Red Bull or now even Alonso to Champ Car!

Well to do that you'd have to find a driver who could excell no matter what the car, basically someone like a Clark/Moss. I don't think there are any.

safety car?

he wont have a team mate who can be faster there

:lol:

No, he'll be operating the crane at the Nurburgring after the mysterious firing of a man called "Big Daddy"

safety car?

he wont have a team mate who can be faster there

Yeah but they have 2 or 3 safety cars at each GP, so no doubt he'd still complain about inferior equipment.

Yeah but they have 2 or 3 safety cars at each GP, so no doubt he'd still complain about inferior equipment.

Then Alonso belongs in

, the National Race of Champions. Wait, you mean to tell me that this all-American series that races only in America is actually the International Race of Champions??

Actually, IROC was hella sick until it's last few years, and now it's dead, but Red Bull might bring it back...

And of course, those identical Firebirds actually aren't, as there's a variety of test drivers, including the legendary d#ck Trickle

Who, by the way, won 1200+ short track races in his career.

most of the time the other two are parked. But every time Alonso takes the wheel, I am sure everyone would want to prove they are faster. So, when ever only Alonso is supposed to drive, others are going to join in the name of safety! :P

No, he'll be operating the crane at the Nurburgring after the mysterious firing of a man called "Big Daddy"

he will still be complaining about the cabin pressure.

Then Alonso belongs in
, the National Race of Champions. Wait, you mean to tell me that this all-American series that races only in America is actually the International Race of Champions??

Actually, IROC was hella sick until it's last few years, and now it's dead, but Red Bull might bring it back...

And of course, those identical Firebirds actually aren't, as there's a variety of test drivers, including the legendary d#ck Trickle

Who, by the way, won 1200+ short track races in his career.

I used to have a d#ck trickle, then I saw a doctor.

most of the time the other two are parked. But every time Alonso takes the wheel, I am sure everyone would want to prove they are faster. So, when ever only Alonso is supposed to drive, others are going to join in the name of safety! :P
he will still be complaining about the cabin pressure.

I'm surprised none of the Alonso clan have defended him yet.

1: Yep, penicilin is the best invention known to man.

2: The Alonso clan all killed themselves after he lost to Kimi AND Lewis.

what did the doctor do?

They are busy making hate threads on Lewis and Ron.

Alehop is busy morphing pictures of Antony with anything he can find. he has a fetish for Lewis's dad. :P

This thread must have the highest views-to-replies ratio of any yet posted. If Alonso goes to champcar, post a thread titled 'Alonso to champcar'. If he doesn't, don't.

Damn, i have misrepresented the ratio.

No, dribbly d#ck, the two exclamation points clearly imply it's a rumor. Obviously. Learn some basic forum ettiquette.

If you combined the salaries of every 2007 Champ Car driver, you'd get $4,500,000. Not exactly Alonso money.

>

^ What's all this nonsense.

I don't know.

Alonso won't go to America; Americans don't want him here. And if he did, he'd go to NASCAR, becuase it's the only American series with enough money for him. And he sure as hell ain't goin to NASCAR.

what did the doctor do?

He taped it up, anyway I must go now I'm bursting for a p**s.

>

^ What's all this nonsense.

Exactly that, nonsense.

No, dribbly d#ck

the two exclamation points clearly imply it's a rumor. Obviously. Learn some basic forum ettiquette.

A question mark would imply a rumour. A question mark would pose the question. Exclamation marks are used to accentuate an abrupt or forceful utterance. When using exclamtion marks it is not for the purposes of leaving doubt or suggestion of choice.

Before you incorrectly judge my ability to use etiquette, learn about punctuation(!!)??