Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

f1maniac

2008 Driver Line Up (so Far)

so am i right in thinking the line up so far is as follows:

Ferrari: K. Raikkonen, F. Massa

BMW : N. Heidfeld, R. Kubica

Renault: ?????, ?????

Williams: N. Rosberg, K. Nakajima

Red Bull: D. Coulthard, M. Webber

Toyota: J. Trulli, T. Glock

Toro Rosso: S. Vettel, S. Bourdais

Honda: J. Button, R. Barrichello

Super Aguri: T. Sato, A. Davidson

Force India: A. Sutil, ?????

Mclaren: L. Hamilton, ?????

Prodrive: ?????, ?????

if it comes to Renault why do you think they test with Kovalainen now? I don't think they want to prepare him to leave the team. I will be surprised if they kick him out, I think he will stay in Renault.

How can this ????? guy drive for all those teams? :P:)

Yeah I think your right, but ProDrive won't start.

I think so too... I think Williams purposely took it to the civil case as it knew until judgement they would n't be able to start which would be starting next year soo...

Also in 09, i think, customer cars are allowed so afterwards Williams will just take its case down...

I think so too... I think Williams purposely took it to the civil case as it knew until judgement they would n't be able to start which would be starting next year soo...

Also in 09, i think, customer cars are allowed so afterwards Williams will just take its case down...

Oh I didn't know that. Are they going to allow them eventually? I think it's a terrible idea. I wouldn't mind if they were only allowed to purchase the year befores car. That would work for me.

if it comes to Renault why do you think they test with Kovalainen now? I don't think they want to prepare him to leave the team. I will be surprised if they kick him out, I think he will stay in Renault.

Renault must rate the feedback that Heikki can give alot high than what NP Jnr can provide, and think it worth the possible damage if in fact Heikki moves from Renault and takes some information with him. But all the teams are really testing is the new Microsoft (McLaren Electronic Systems) ECU and perhaps some other minor developments.

so am i right in thinking the line up so far is as follows:

Ferrari: K. Raikkonen, F. Massa

BMW : N. Heidfeld, R. Kubica

Renault: ?????, ?????

Williams: N. Rosberg, K. Nakajima

Red Bull: D. Coulthard, M. Webber

Toyota: J. Trulli, T. Glock

Toro Rosso: S. Vettel, S. Bourdais

Honda: J. Button, R. Barrichello

Super Aguri: T. Sato, A. Davidson

Force India: A. Sutil, ?????

Mclaren: L. Hamilton, ?????

Prodrive: ?????, ?????

Red Bull is only half-confirmed, still the possibility of Alonso going. If Alonso goes, DC gets Bourdais' seat, according to the rumors.

Barrichello might get bounced to Aguri, I wouldn't say Davidson is confirmed, yet.

Sutil is by no means confirmed, still a contender for McLaren. Roldan Rodriguez is near-confirmed at Force India.

Oh I didn't know that. Are they going to allow them eventually? I think it's a terrible idea. I wouldn't mind if they were only allowed to purchase the year befores car. That would work for me.

Yes, they are planning to legalise it, either in 09 or 2010... I think it is 09

Red Bull is only half-confirmed, still the possibility of Alonso going. If Alonso goes, DC gets Bourdais' seat, according to the rumors.

Barrichello might get bounced to Aguri, I wouldn't say Davidson is confirmed, yet.

Sutil is by no means confirmed, still a contender for McLaren. Roldan Rodriguez is near-confirmed at Force India.

I would say Sutil has a better chance. Anyways, FI's lineup will be decided on December 4th at Monaco....

My prediction for the Remaining seats will be...

Renault I think Alonso and now I'm getting the illusion of Nelson Piquet

The force will be with India as I believe that the Seat's there will go to Klien and Sutil with Rodregez as back up driver.

and Kovalainen and Hamilton sound like the future for the silver Arrows.

And Prodrive will be Re-named Rocking chair racing with the line up consisting of the 1997 Jordan line-up of the safe Giancarlo Fisichella and the Unique Ralf Schumacher with Alexander Wurz being Test Driver.

In 2009 The Rocking Chair Racing team will wipe out all their current drivers and they will have Rubens Barrichello and David Coulthard with Pedro De La Rosa being their test Driver.

BTW Rocking Chair Racing is for all the older drivers and test drivers who cant believe what the silly season has done to them and have literally taken a back seat!!! A.K.A retirement....

BTW congratulations on Timo Glock securing the second Toyota Seat alongside Jarno Trulli.

Also 2010 Jarno is all but Confirmed as being apart of the Rocking chair Racing Squad!!!!

I guess Renault will go for Alonso and Heikki.Nelson might have to wait for another year.

As for Force India is concerned,their driver line-up will be decided in december.So no confirmation from them yet.

Red Bull is still in talks with Alonso as the news says.So we might end up with a surprise from them.

Now coming prodrive,I dont think they will be given a chance to enter formula1.We have so many customer teams and all are either in loss or going bankrupt,except Torro Rosso who has done well.So its pretty hard to predict that a team with such a low budget and no guarantee of improvement will be allowed to enter f1.But lets wait and see.

I think nanado will go to Renault. The only problem is to find out to a trigger on the contract in order to allow Nando to go to other team if Reanult failed to be competitive in 2008. I bet on Nando-Heikki line up. The rest ... it doesn

I guess Renault will go for Alonso and Heikki.Nelson might have to wait for another year.

As for Force India is concerned,their driver line-up will be decided in december.So no confirmation from them yet.

Red Bull is still in talks with Alonso as the news says.So we might end up with a surprise from them.

Now coming prodrive,I dont think they will be given a chance to enter formula1.We have so many customer teams and all are either in loss or going bankrupt,except Torro Rosso who has done well.So its pretty hard to predict that a team with such a low budget and no guarantee of improvement will be allowed to enter f1.But lets wait and see.

Even i think Alonso has a good chance to go to Red Bull. Even when Kimi was being speculated as coming to Ferrari it was very much denied; until Monza....

I would say SA have done much better than Honda this season....

you can be sure that if renault gets Alonso, they will get Kovi out, Alonso will not take the risk of another "rookie" beating him and he did well having Fifi as a team mate adn he wants to be where he was before, you can bet on that.

you can be sure that if renault gets Alonso, they will get Kovi out, Alonso will not take the risk of another "rookie" beating him and he did well having Fifi as a team mate adn he wants to be where he was before, you can bet on that.

Maybe thats one of the reasons why the deal is taking soo long to be confirmed. Reno obviously wants to keep Kova for after Alonso leaves again; while Alonso wants to be unchallenged...

Maybe thats one of the reasons why the deal is taking soo long to be confirmed. Reno obviously wants to keep Kova for after Alonso leaves again; while Alonso wants to be unchallenged...

Now that he learned that he is not unbeatable as he thought, he might be securing that he will be unchallenged (like you said) form within the team, the best way for that to happen is keeping Fisi as his team-mate.

Flavio has confirmed both Fisi & Kova will not be retained and nando is a 60% certainty of re-joining Renault

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7076762.stm

Kova to mclaren :D

Probably Ralph will join FA next season, I know that Alonso is completely sure that he can beat Ralph, but I didn't know that Alonso was afraid of Fifi. :huh:

"A Formula One team can't have two favoured drivers," he said. "One has to fight for the drivers' title and the other for the constructors' crown.

-- Did anyone think Flavio would say this??? But i think Kova will leave and Fisi retained IF Alonso goes to Mclaren......

Kovalainen will probably go to Mclaren, he is the firm favourite for that seat (or he was the last time I checked).

Alonso does only have 48 hours to give Renault the nod that he will drive for them again, but then that always seemed to be the case, unless Red Bull can pull out a fantastic offer for him, but I can't see him racing in a car that has had the results it's had.

Not sure who will partner Alonso in the Renault though, tough one to call.

Just come across this:

There are different options and possibilities - very interesting ones - and I just need to take a bit of time and see what is the best option

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...0592.stm#future

From Kovalianen's column on the BBc's site under the headline of "My Future" so maybe he's known for a while now that he will go to Mclaren??

Kovalainen will probably go to Mclaren, he is the firm favourite for that seat (or he was the last time I checked).

Alonso does only have 48 hours to give Renault the nod that he will drive for them again, but then that always seemed to be the case, unless Red Bull can pull out a fantastic offer for him, but I can't see him racing in a car that has had the results it's had.

Not sure who will partner Alonso in the Renault though, tough one to call.

Well, Fernando will take all 48 of those hours to decide, just in case Ferrari offers him $3,000,000,000,000 per day to drive for them until he dies in the 47th hour.

Well, Fernando will take all 48 of those hours to decide, just in case Ferrari offers him $3,000,000,000,000 per day to drive for them until he dies in the 47th hour.

Lol, well, you never know what could happen, I suppose he'll be praying for it to happen :)

"A Formula One team can't have two favoured drivers," he said. "One has to fight for the drivers' title and the other for the constructors' crown.

-- Did anyone think Flavio would say this??? But i think Kova will leave and Fisi retained IF Alonso goes to Mclaren......

Do you really think that FA has a chance to go back to Mclaren? I think I am missing the point here, if so could you please explain it to me.

Do you really think that FA has a chance to go back to Mclaren? I think I am missing the point here, if so could you please explain it to me.

typo, wanted to say Renault...