Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

f1maniac

2008 Driver Line Up (so Far)

Alonso would be such a terrible Ferrari driver because if he couldn't deal with Lewis, how the hell is he going to deal with Kimi?! And then he'll cause problems at Ferrari and get dumped.

Good reasons Eric. pretty much what i would i have typed...

Why the hell would Alonso be such a terrible Ferrari driver?

I mean in terms of results?

I know that he has raced agaisnt them a lot and so it would be harder to accept him changing sides like this but why do you think that they wouldn't win a WCC with him?

Alonso would be such a terrible Ferrari driver because if he couldn't deal with Lewis, how the hell is he going to deal with Kimi?! And then he'll cause problems at Ferrari and get dumped.

Exactly Eric. Ferrari hate it when their drivers give them negative press, they don't tolerate it the same way Mclaren do (they are Ferrari after all). Basically if Alonso teamed up with Kimi and then started to struggle against him, then started saying things like 'I brought this team half a second..., Ferrari are favouring Kimi' then he would get the boot. Ferrari don't need Alonso anyway, they have Massa who is perfect because he can't really challenge Kimi for a WDC, but he is close enough that his results mean a WCC is also likely, and of course (to his credit) he never complains which keeps the team stable.

Yeah, I would. I'd like to see racecar drivers briefly try all sorts of racing. Not start a new career in them like JPM, but just run a few NASCAR races a year, the Indianapolis 500, a Champ Car race, do a rally, etc.

Same here, that sounds good, sounds like the 50's and 60's. I'd love to see Raikkonen rallying or Alonso in the DTM, only briefly of course - F1 is where it's at (I know you'll disagree there).

I think it'll end up as Renault will get Alonso & Kovy, McLaren will get de la Rosa, Froce India might get Narain & dunno what'll happen with Prodrive!

If that happens then expect to see Kova challenging Alonso in the way that he hates so much.

I admit that I would like to see some Formula One drivers trying to win Indianapolis 500, that race should be included in the F1 calendar, teams should built a special car just for that race, I mean they don't have a chance with the current cars, so they have to take a different car to that race, when I said should be included in the calendar I don't mean a whole F1 grid, what I mean is F1 and the actual IRL cars racing togheter, the best drivers from both worlds, that would make this race the greastest race of all time.

The greatest race of all time wouldn't just be F1 and IRL. It would be IRL, F1, CCWS, NASCAR, World of Outlaws, GrandAM, LMS, ALMS, MotoGP, WRC, USAC, etc, etc. Every damn series in the damn world in one big ol' race.

Same here, that sounds good, sounds like the 50's and 60's. I'd love to see Raikkonen rallying or Alonso in the DTM, only briefly of course - F1 is where it's at (I know you'll disagree there).

I just want them to do a career in whatever, and then when they retire try other stuff briefly. Like when Alonso leaves F1, go to DTM for 3 rounds, then try out an IndyCar, etc.

On an unrelated side not, although Senna tested in CART for Penske, he actually was considering NASCAR for when he retired.

On an unrelated side not, although Senna tested in CART for Penske, he actually was considering NASCAR for when he retired.

Really? Never heard that before, I know he wanted to drive for Ferrari before he left F1, I can't imagine him in Nascar though. Ah we'll never know.

Really? Never heard that before, I know he wanted to drive for Ferrari before he left F1, I can't imagine him in Nascar though. Ah we'll never know.

It was briefly mentioned in The Life of Senna by Tom Rubython, and I had read it elsewhere online.

Woulda been cool to see, especially in those days when the racing was fun, competitive, and a man named Dale Earnhardt still raced.

Who do you think will actually get the 2 seats???

i guess is Sutil and Luizzi...

The results will be announced on December 5

I think maybe Fisi and Sutil.

FI will need direction if Gascoyne is to take them to the next level, and only a driver available* who can give them experience and directionis Fisi, while at the same time he will be helping their major Sutil improve.

* Leaving out Ralf as I don't think Vijay Mallya would risk having Gascoyne leave the team like he said he would if Vijay signed his friend Ralf "I can drive sometimes" Schumacher.

Will Power to Force India?!

Oh. Not that Power.

:lol::lol:

It was briefly mentioned in The Life of Senna by Tom Rubython, and I had read it elsewhere online.

Woulda been cool to see, especially in those days when the racing was fun, competitive, and a man named Dale Earnhardt still raced.

Oh, well then that's further proof my memory sucks, as I've read that book :lol:

I think maybe Fisi and Sutil.

FI will need direction if Gascoyne is to take them to the next level, and only a driver available* who can give them experience and directionis Fisi, while at the same time he will be helping their major Sutil improve.

* Leaving out Ralf as I don't think Vijay Mallya would risk having Gascoyne leave the team like he said he would if Vijay signed his friend Ralf "I can drive sometimes" Schumacher.

:lol::lol:

Is Fisi good at testing?

Maybe not the best, but certanly better than AS, CK, VL, and the like. Agree??

Yeah... I wonder if he could be put in as a test and let AS and Vl or CK race

Yeah... I wonder if he could be put in as a test and let AS and Vl or CK race

But would Fisi really test for Force India, his ego might get in the way. If Fisi were to lower himself to that level surely he would rather to stay with Renault.

But would Fisi really test for Force India, his ego might get in the way. If Fisi were to lower himself to that level surely he would rather to stay with Renault.

Fisi isn't here to be a tester, I agree. He will leave F1 and focus on the new Formula BMW Euro Series team he owns if he must.

I don't think Reno want him. Alonso wants him but for different reasons....

I don't think Reno want him. Alonso wants him but for different reasons....

I always knew he was gay, still though I would of thought Fernando would have higher standards than that.

I personally hope that Fisi is out of F1 next year.

I always knew he was gay, still though I would of thought Fernando would have higher standards than that.

I personally hope that Fisi is out of F1 next year.

:lol: Yeah he does. He's with Mark Webber, if you didn't know.

And it just didn't click too well with Hamilton... Both had different tastes...

Indeed. Hamilton quite liked Sutil. Hammy likes the quiet ones, Alonso likes the fast-talking Webber.

Yeah but Mark Webber just throws up whenever he sees Alonso (see Japan 07'), it's cos' he doesn't think he's good enough for him, and gets 'nervous'.

Yep, Alonso loves the taste of salt in his mouth, Lewis not so much...

The greatest race of all time wouldn't just be F1 and IRL. It would be IRL, F1, CCWS, NASCAR, World of Outlaws, GrandAM, LMS, ALMS, MotoGP, WRC, USAC, etc, etc. Every damn series in the damn world in one big ol' race.

I only see one problem with this idea and is this, how to make a fear competition getting all thoses different cars like a Nascar and a Formula One car, I think that something can be done between F1 And IRL to make things fear but I don't really see how in the world can be a race like this one (IRL, F1, CCWS, NASCAR, World of Outlaws, GrandAM, LMS, ALMS, MotoGP, WRC, USAC, etc, etc.) be a fear race for everybody, it would be interesting to hear from you, how do think this can be done?

Well you couldn't make that race fair Schumikonen, or safe really, but it would be a whole lot of fun!

EDIT: OK I just noticed that I made my post exactly 24hrs after yours Schumikonen, that's kind of strange...