Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wapi

Would You Hire Alonso?

If you were team boss of any F1 team would you hire Alonso?

I would not. He is trouble. He demands star treatment and whynes extensively, but is not capable of proving that he deserves star treatment. On the other hand certain gorilla had fought for number one and got it.

I would not. He is trouble. He demands star treatment and whynes extensively, but is not capable of proving that he deserves star treatment. On the other hand certain gorilla had fought for number one and got it.

The thing about him moving to Mclaren this year proves he is'nt really that special, i mean he was beaten by a rookie for god sakes... It is a point I was struggling to get over to other TF1 members who thought the sun shone out of the guy's a##... The guy won his championships with a good reliable car for 2 years in a row, the car was setup specifically for his driving style, it suited him, but alas, he can't take the heat with a competitive teammate... I would'nt hire him, a Kubiza or Heidfeld has better class and skill than him....

Would you hire Hamilton??

Never. The guy thinks he knows everything and wants to be a superstar yet still he didn't manage to win WDC despite having 17pts advantage over Kimi with 2 races to go.

Now to answer your question:

Yes i would. Minimum for 3 yrs. I would give him a star treatment.

Reason: Like it or not. the guy knows how to drive, setup his car, etc...

Contract Obligation ( whining ): Don't talk too much! If whining, a fee of 10% from your total yearly salary will be takan away from you each time you'll talk against the team.

Respect: You will respect me and other employees in the team. Showing lack of respect will cost you more money ( 15% from your yearly salary ).

;)

If i were team boss i would sign him up. He has shown his value before and unlike Hamilton he did not crush under pressure. With some less bad luck (had to pitstop during the SC, car misfunction during qualification) he had won third championship. Also i would consider he and Hamilton ended on even points in Mclaren, whose team leader has specially groomed Hamilton for this.

Yeah welcome to the forum for starters,

To answer your question, It does depend on how much money Fernando wants, But he is such a gifted driver and he is unbelieveable at setting up a car, He is the most complete driver in F1 after Mark Webber.

IN my personal opinion, A Team like Toyota need Him, is is still young, fit, hungry, determined, quick, clever, canny, and he does open up a massive car/sponser opening in western Europe, and a Toyota is cheaper to buy than a Mercedes!

But it also depends on whose is his team mate,Now if Renault go for the Piquet-Nando line up I think There could be trouble, because they both have Mouths on them and would fire off at any opportunity, I think personally Renault should lended out Piquet to Williams when they had the chance and keep Fisi in the stable so that way everyone is happy.

Nando can just worry about goin fast, Fisi can worry about the WCC and Piquet would be happy racing for another constructor that his dad won for 21 years ago, and Kovalainen is happy at Mclaren.

Yeah butwould I Hire him? His a mind boggling driver but his ego is something that I just wouldn't be able to handle.

But thats total Prejuice considering that I have never seen Nando In my life!

Yeah welcome to the forum for starters,

To answer your question, It does depend on how much money Fernando wants, But he is such a gifted driver and he is unbelieveable at setting up a car, He is the most complete driver in F1 after Mark Webber.

hahahahahaha, oh please, do excuse me hahahahahahahaha

thats no joke Mr Speed, IMO or EMO call it what you will, Mark is better than Fernando...

Mark out qualifyed DC on average more this season than what Kimi did when they were team mates and kimi is supposed to be the most Naturally gifter driver on the grid!!!

Ive just realised that I made a point to you Bradley about Mark being better than Fernando with me using Kimi as an example!

Ive just realised that I made a point to you Bradley about Mark being better than Fernando with me using Kimi as an example!

np....since when am I on a first name basis with all of TF1's members? :P

anyway you've made your point Bro, I'm sure there will be more MW fans who agrees with you....

now let's look at reality, when the news broke that Alonso might be available, and then (in my view) was actually FIRED

who else is interested?.... renault, the team that brought him glory...it's the obvious choice...

Sauber/BMW said they were content with their current drivers, so a no

Toyota assigned Glock... we do not know what happened behind the scenes but it's another no

Red Bull...yet again...no

this follows a somehow familiar pattern... It shows Alonso is not really THAT big in demand, no matter what we choose to believe...maybe Alonso might realise he's not really adding .6 seconds to the development of the car as he would really be a laughting stock amongts those team principals. ed is, Brawn has already stated THAT a driver adding that statistic is virtually impossible...

Now, take the following with good heart, spirits and humour....since when Alonso became champion everyone started calling him the best driver around, so let's reverse that theory and named Kimi the most complete and best driver. Hamilton should then come second right, he beat the guy, it's quite obvious... since heidfeld and Kubiza has actually overtaken him more than he did them, they should slot in at 3 and 4....You've now claimed that MW is a more complete driver, that makes Alonso sixth on the grid... that sounds about right is'nt it :lol:

thats no joke Mr Speed, IMO or EMO call it what you will, Mark is better than Fernando...

Mark out qualifyed DC on average more this season than what Kimi did when they were team mates and kimi is supposed to be the most Naturally gifter driver on the grid!!!

If I don't remember wrongly DC on average is carrying more fuel than Webber. Also Kimi is also on average carrying more Fuel than Massa. Doesn't all these additional fuel they carry makes they loses some time in Qualifying.

If I don't remember wrongly DC on average is carrying more fuel than Webber. Also Kimi is also on average carrying more Fuel than Massa. Doesn't all these additional fuel they carry makes they loses some time in Qualifying.

I'm sure I read an article where DC stated he was the faster driver of the year????

Edit: faster

Hell yes as well.

I like him to brown-nosing him wouldn't be a problem at all.

Fisi as team-mate as well obviously.

Pretty much 05 and 06 all over again.

I hope Alonso gets a drive for next year... negotiation talks with Renault is on hold..now this...

Telefonica calls off F1 return

Nov.21 (GMM) Spanish telco Telefonica has reportedly pulled out of a multi-million dollar super-fund designed to woo Fernando Alonso back to Renault in 2008.

The country's biggest newspaper, El Pais, reports that the company - earlier linked with the $90 million super-fund via the mobile brand Movistar - no longer has any intention of re-entering the sport.

Telefonica withdrew as a major Renault sponsor at the end of last year, when Alonso switched from the French team to McLaren.

The British newspaper The Independent also reports that Telefonica has gone cold on formula one, adding that the company "is lukewarm about both (Flavio) Briatore and Alonso".

The Spanish newspaper Diario AS, meanwhile, reports on Wednesday that Briatore, the Renault boss, has installed a new deadline of Thursday for Alonso to decide to agree a deal for next year.

Yes But DC also once said that he will win the championship every year he was popular only for him to receive a thrashing by his team mates every season!

A.K.A DC to quote your name is a DREAMER!

Its Results that count and he didnt perform in qualifying last season compared to THE MAN!!!

And every team when deciding a stragerty most often have their cars pit in one lap apart usually.

So Mark in other words, thrashed another one again in qualifying and in the races!!!

So dreamer, dont believe what David Marshall Coulthard says ever again unless you get some concrete edvience on him.

To be honest beating DC isn't all that hard but Mark's qualifying performances aren't exactly thrashings. A guy who sets his car up for one laps and is incapable of getting a decent race setup on the flipside outqualifying one of the weakest single lap drivers out there and goes for race pace isn't much of an achievement. Besides, DC came out on top overall this year, didn't he?

It would depend on the circumstances. For example, Jean Todt can't possibly hire him, since he's paying Kimi a fortune as it is, and Kimi and Nando together is a no no. But if I were anyone apart from Ron and Jean (and possibly Mario), then yes I probably would hire Alonso. Renault should definitely get him back.

No.

I wouldn't hire anyone that thinks he's bigger than the game - and I believe Alonso has opinions of his worth above the normal realms of reality. I'm not saying he isn't an extremely quick driver btw.

Other points against him? Was the publicity surrounding the whole 'Stepneygate' good publicity (as in, even bad is good etc)? I think he's harmed his worth with the way he appeared to conduct himself - therefore possibly not as big an attraction to sponsors as before.

Possible future sponsors for him? Huggies? pampers? :P

>

^ Hell YES also.

So he whines, so what ?!

Fangio whined that Ferrari had sabotaged his car in 56 (though he won the championship that year), Clark whined that AJ Foyt couldn't have possibly beat him at Indy in 63, Lauda whined about Ferrari and Dennis/McLaren/Prost, Prost whined about Renault/McLaren-Honda/Senna/Ferrari/Williams, Senna whined that Prost vetoed him from Williams, Mansell whined all the time, Piquet whined about Mansell/Williams, and the list goes on and on.

Even before WWII, MB drivers whined that team boss Alfred Neubauer gave preferential treatment to "his son" Rudolf Cracciola (see Monaco 37 incident); Nuvolari whined that he'll never drive an Alfa ever again.

There were even some drivers who went as far as to puch their team bossed/superiors; while Senna and Prost engaged in fist fights in the the paddock.

Just that in the "good old days" we didn't have the internet and so many paparazzi and tabloids, but in essence nothing has changed really.