Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

When will Alonso win the title?

We all know that Fernando Alonso is a remarkably talented driver. He will win the F1 championship, more than once. But when, and with what team?

Im saying that he will win with Renault, because it will be a great team and he is connected to it. He will likely move to the team in 2003, after Jenson Button has gone back to Williams (JPM will go to Mclaren that season, after DC is sacked and moves to Jordan. Mika continues). I say Alonso will be contending for the championship in 2004 or 2005.

Would that make his the youngest champion ever? Im not sure...

Alonso is good i think he is actually better than Kimi and yes given the opportunity he will win the WDC! I am not really sure about Renault tho they've been a very weak team this season and i assume they'll have a lot of cathing up to do! Anyway there was a rumour that Alonos might go to Renault as with the begining of the next season! Does any of you know more about this??

As for those rumours, Renault have Trulli, Alonso, Webber and Button on contract at the moment - obviously all those don't fit into 2 seats...the way I see it, Alonso will either stay at Minardi, or Briatore will engineer some deal where he gets money for someone else borrowing Alonso...

Alonso/Raikkonen - THE driver lineup for any top team in coming years! Or maybe the existing Heidfeld/Raikkonen?

All I know is that in a few years there will be one or more of the following lineups in one or more top teams: Alonso/Raikkonen, Heidfeld/Raikkonen, Raikkonen/Button, Heidfeld/Alonso, Heidfeld/Button, Alonso/Button

Alonso's not bad but WDC material??? I honestly can't see it happening. Not unless he gets out of Minardi ASAP and finds himself a decent drive to prove himself in. I just feel that a driver loses his motivation for winning very quickly when he is stuck in a dog of a car at the back of the grid (Just look at Buttons motivation now compared to last year).