Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Will He Come Back???

Champions tip Schumacher to race again

By Jonathan Noble and Steve Cooper on Thursday, November 29th 2007, 12:26 GMT

Former world champions Alan Jones and Mika Hakkinen believe that Michael Schumacher's impressive return to the c#ckpit of a Formula One car in testing could tempt him to make a competitive return to racing.

With Schumacher due to test again for Ferrari at Jerez in Spain next week following his recent outing at Barcelona, Jones and Hakkinen have told this week's Autosport that they think the seven-times champion's decision to test may be evidence that he is getting eager for a return to action.

Jones said: "After nearly a year out of the saddle, I can image him thinking, 'Maybe I'd like to have another go.' It must be just like coming back from an extended Christmas break.

"He used to take a couple of months off at the end of each season, so another few months won't make a big difference. Two or three years might have done.

"It's a win-win situation: Ferrari gains from his expertise and he enjoys it. And you can never rule out a comeback - he might be thinking, 'I'm really enjoying this!' Money won't be his motivation, it will be to prove a point.

"Niki Lauda was out for several seasons and came back and won the title. Michael could do the same."

Hakkinen, when asked whether he believed Schumacher's fast pace in recent testing at Barcelona would tempt him back to racing, said: "Is he missing racing? The answer is probably yes.

"Doing competitive lap times probably satisfies his feeling and he's happy he is still competitive."

This week's Autosport analyses Schumacher's testing return and what it could mean for the German's future.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64158

Champions tip Schumacher to race again

By Jonathan Noble and Steve Cooper on Thursday, November 29th 2007, 12:26 GMT

Former world champions Alan Jones and Mika Hakkinen believe that Michael Schumacher's impressive return to the c#ckpit of a Formula One car in testing could tempt him to make a competitive return to racing.

With Schumacher due to test again for Ferrari at Jerez in Spain next week following his recent outing at Barcelona, Jones and Hakkinen have told this week's Autosport that they think the seven-times champion's decision to test may be evidence that he is getting eager for a return to action.

Jones said: "After nearly a year out of the saddle, I can image him thinking, 'Maybe I'd like to have another go.' It must be just like coming back from an extended Christmas break.

"He used to take a couple of months off at the end of each season, so another few months won't make a big difference. Two or three years might have done.

"It's a win-win situation: Ferrari gains from his expertise and he enjoys it. And you can never rule out a comeback - he might be thinking, 'I'm really enjoying this!' Money won't be his motivation, it will be to prove a point.

"Niki Lauda was out for several seasons and came back and won the title. Michael could do the same."

Hakkinen, when asked whether he believed Schumacher's fast pace in recent testing at Barcelona would tempt him back to racing, said: "Is he missing racing? The answer is probably yes.

"Doing competitive lap times probably satisfies his feeling and he's happy he is still competitive."

This week's Autosport analyses Schumacher's testing return and what it could mean for the German's future.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64158

.......................................smiles...................................

Arnie said that he would be back and he was. Michael said that he wouldn't and he won't.

if boy-god doesnt, Iceman would freeze him anyways! :P

He's frozen the iceman once, second time would be easier...

Arnie said that he would be back and he was. Michael said that he wouldn't and he won't.

We do a lot of things, we said we would never do...Circumstances change...

We do a lot of things, we said we would never do...Circumstances change...

True, but do you think Michael would really come back? If he did, it would be to compete at the top level (there would be no point otherwise). That would mean re-introducing his vigorous training regime (0nly he would have to train even harder in light of his age and that he is twelve months out of sync). It would mean all the testing, travelling and staying late to de-brief. This is all assuming that it would be with Ferrari. If it were for another team, it would mean establishing special relationships with his people.

And for what? To prove that he's a damn fine racing driver? Er, been there, done that.

Enjoy your retirement Michael. I love seeing you come out to play occasionally but stay where you are with your hard earned cash and your lovely family.

I think he is not coming back but must of the times, in situations like this I am wrong, I said that would not retire and he did, so probably he is coming back just because I think he is not coming back.

True, but do you think Michael would really come back? If he did, it would be to compete at the top level (there would be no point otherwise). That would mean re-introducing his vigorous training regime (0nly he would have to train even harder in light of his age and that he is twelve months out of sync). It would mean all the testing, travelling and staying late to de-brief. This is all assuming that it would be with Ferrari. If it were for another team, it would mean establishing special relationships with his people.

And for what? To prove that he's a damn fine racing driver? Er, been there, done that.

Enjoy your retirement Michael. I love seeing you come out to play occasionally but stay where you are with your hard earned cash and your lovely family.

He likes racing and wants to continue, in some ways like DC. And i assume he would come back to Ferrari if he does;

Maybe 2009, after Kimi's contract is done...

And he has shown that even with a year gap he is still pretty much "in sync". If he comes back, he will just come for the love of racing, Like why did Mika go to DTM??

Will he share telemetry with Kimi?

Will he ask Kimi to be his new Barrichello?

:rolleyes:

Definitely he won't ask Kimi to be his Barrichello but you an be sure that he has what it takes to force Kimi or anybody else to be a second driver, Schumi is so good that is just going to be a waste to put a good driver as his team mate, there is no chance in the world that another driver can match him on track and he proved it many times already.

I don't think MS would comeback.I don't doubt his ability and spirit,but its certainly not going to happen.He knows their are many young and talented drivers to race in formula1,he might well be beaten also(just a possibility,i am not being sarcastic).Everyone can't be like Niki Lauda.He has acheived what nobody can.And I guess he is happy with it.

Well Alan is probally thinking of himself when he came back in 1983 and then again full time in 1985 and 86 showing them the way as an 40 year old in the Lola tearing all the other drivers up from 16th on the grid.

So yeah the only way Michael fits into formula one still is if he comes back for McLaren But this seems unlikely considering that his Bro. seems to be one of the favourites.

If Michael wants to come back to Racing why dosen't he come to the V8 Supercars and drive for HRT alongside Mark Skaife and tackle Bathurst.

Then we will see how GOOD/tough Michael really is.

and we will also see how physically fit he is as well and we will also see how good he is at REAL endurance racing!

He's made it clear that he does miss racing, and i think part of him would love to come back. But he would only ever come back for ferrari and at the moment they already have drivers with contracts. And schumacher won't want to screw up massa's career by forcing him out, and i can't see ferrari wanting to get rid of raikkonen. If there was a spare seat for him next year at ferrari i get the feeling he would consider it, but thats not the case.

Will he share telemetry with Kimi?

Will he ask Kimi to be his new Barrichello?

:rolleyes:

I guess those two were the options used by a certain driver who is still finding a right team to do the same things again ;)

He's frozen the iceman once, second time would be easier...

yes, I agree,

Iceman shocked Sausage with his performance with a car that was two years old and was only 2 points back in the end of the season. Kimi better than Schumi anyday.

I guess those two were the options used by a certain driver who is still finding a right team to do the same things again ;)

:lol::lol: YOU SAID IT BRO! :P

He likes racing and wants to continue, racing.

Where has he said this?

Like why did Mika go to DTM??

Because he exhausted himself trying to bag title number three, had a break and decided he needed another fix. In other words he probably felt like he had unfinished business. Where is Michael's business unfinished?

there is no chance in the world that another driver can match him on track and he proved it many times already.

So why come back? Only for the new kids to prove that they are faster now? Michael has left a great (albeit tainted) legacy. Why risk that legacy being destroyed by being out paced. Remember, Michael was fast in his recent test in Barcelona but he wasn't the fastest. Who says that he would have been quicker than Massa, given more time?

He's made it clear that he does miss racing,

Where?

In my view, Michael tested at Barcelona for genuine reasons; to help the team with their development. I'm sure he would have enjoyed it and i'm sure he was not surpised that he was competitive (even though he said he was surprised, modestly). But he wouldn't have needed a test to see whether he wanted to come back. He knows the feeling that racing gives and he would know whether he wants that back without driving a car again. He hasn't said anywhere that he would consider it. If he was even half considering it i suggest he would have sent out subtle messages to the pitlane to test the water and see who would be interested.

I may be wrong, i hope i am wrong. Lord knows i am always wrong. Michael, please prove me wrong!

So why come back? Only for the new kids to prove that they are faster now? Michael has left a great (albeit tainted) legacy. Why risk that legacy being destroyed by being out paced. Remember, Michael was fast in his recent test in Barcelona but he wasn't the fastest. Who says that he would have been quicker than Massa, given more time?

It looks like you forgot that Michael was improving his pace thoses two days that he tested he definitely would be faster the third day had he been there and yes, Massa could have been faster that him that day but tht doesn't mean taht Massa is faster right now but all this shows that MS has everything to win a couple of titles in F1, it he doesn't come back is not beacuse he is slower now is just because he doesn't want to.

It looks like you forgot that Michael was improving his pace thoses two days that he tested he definitely would be faster the third day had he been there and yes, Massa could have been faster that him that day but tht doesn't mean taht Massa is faster right now but all this shows that MS has everything to win a couple of titles in F1, it he doesn't come back is not beacuse he is slower now is just because he doesn't want to.

Massa isn't a consideration anyway. Michael would be thinking about beating Kimi and Lewis. That is a whole different ball game and Michael knows it.