Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Fifi Talks!!!

source

Fisichella hits back at Ecclestone

By Jonathan Noble Friday, November 30th 2007, 10:45 GMT

Giancarlo Fisichella has hit back at claims by Bernie Ecclestone that it is probably time for him to hang up his helmet.

Speaking in an interview on his official Formula One website earlier this week, Ecclestone said that both Fisichella and Ralf Schumacher had under performed in recent years and should seriously consider retiring rather than contemplating a move to Force India.

Ecclestone said: "Both have been for quite a time in decent teams and should have performed better than they had.

"They ought to give very serious consideration whether it makes sense to move into a less competitive environment. Maybe if they change teams, they'll get a bit of a wake-up call."

Those comments have not gone down well with Fisichella, however, who claims that he has in fact done as well as could be expected in recent years - and is showing his passion for carrying on by testing for Force India next week .

Writing on his own website, the Italian took a cheeky swipe at Ecclestone in an open letter to F1's commercial boss.

"I read with interest your interview in Auto Moto und Sport, faithfully published by your own website," said Fisichella. "You are the father of Formula One and like a father you have talked about your children, including me.

"I wanted to remind you dear daddy, I mean dear Bernie, that I am the one who won the first Grand Prix in Melbourne in 2005 with Renault and therefore I was the one who first discovered the R25 as a winning car.

"In the two seasons I spent alongside Alonso, in full agreement with the strategies of my team, I have contributed to two constructors' titles, taking home the fourth place in the drivers' championship, just like (Felipe) Massa this year.

"Given the circumstances I believe I could not do any better. In 2007, Renault promised me a championship winning car, but this has not been the case and for this I did not get demoralized.

"Next week, in fact, I will bring my enthusiasm and my experience to Force India, a young team with an "old heart" just like Giancarlo Fisichella who has still some talent to show!"

If bernie wants Fifi out,

I want Bernie out and Thamara in! <_<

Anyways, personally I feel Fifi deserves a seat.

I think Fisi and Ralf are dead weights, like about half of the gird. Unfortunately, because everyone has unequal cars, they have managed to hide in F1 for years. Fisi was easily beaten by a rookie this year ffs, and a rookie who was almost sacked at the start of the year. Bring some fresh blood in I say.

I agree with Bernie (and our very own Murray Walker) on this one, I just don't see the point of keeping these guys in F1 - it's not like they're going to win anything.

..............and here I thought this was about Fifi the poodle.............oh wait a minute maybe it is. Retire now Fifi........

I think Fisi and Ralf are dead weights, like about half of the gird. Unfortunately, because everyone has unequal cars, they have managed to hide in F1 for years. Fisi was easily beaten by a rookie this year ffs, and a rookie who was almost sacked at the start of the year. Bring some fresh blood in I say.

^^^^^^^word^^^^^^^^^^

i really don't like fisi, and also, don't think it was necessary to make such a deal about what bernie says. no one cares anyways! this 'i was the first to win' sounds so pathetic.

i really don't like fisi, and also, don't think it was necessary to make such a deal about what bernie says. no one cares anyways! this 'i was the first to win' sounds so pathetic.

I agree.

Good on Fisi for hitting back at Bernie, i've not heard a driver do that in recent history.

I guess for the first time Bernie said something sensible. :P

I certainly feel that Fisi,Ralf and RB should take retirement.They were given enough oppertunities to prove their talent.But to dismay they have failed pretty badly.Fisi might have done well in 05 n 06 but looking at the performance of other teams and his own team mate(alonso) I feel he should also be axed.

I guess for the first time Bernie said something sensible. :P

I certainly feel that Fisi,Ralf and RB should take retirement.They were given enough oppertunities to prove their talent.But to dismay they have failed pretty badly.Fisi might have done well in 05 n 06 but looking at the performance of other teams and his own team mate(alonso) I feel he should also be axed.

I think that you can add Jarno Trulli to that list and if he dosent go to McLaren to fill the second seat and he stays at RBRenault and cops another clobbering By the Australian Mark Webber, David Coulthard.

The New generation are here and its a good time for some of the seasoned Professionals to make way for them.

All that Bernie is doing is advising them to move on with dinginity.

But good on Fisi his sticking up for himself and his not going to let his dad dictate things unlike another driver who lets his dad dictate things :lol::P:lol::P:lol:

I think that you can add Jarno Trulli to that list and if he dosent go to McLaren to fill the second seat and he stays at RBRenault and cops another clobbering By the Australian Mark Webber, David Coulthard.

The New generation are here and its a good time for some of the seasoned Professionals to make way for them.

But good on Fisi his sticking up for himself and his not going to let his dad dictate things unlike another driver who lets his dad dictate things :lol::P:lol::P:lol:

rightly said.. :clap3::clap3:

I agree.

Good on Fisi for hitting back at Bernie, i've not heard a driver do that in recent history.

yep...

but, Kimi did it silently.

Trulli truly deserves his place.

yep...

but, Kimi did it silently.

maybe kimi said it... we just didn't understand! :lol:

Fisi isn't the best driver around, I admit it.

On the other hand, he has lots of experience and is willing to share it, and is a great guy. F1 always had a mix of old and new drivers. He has 3 wins and more than a dozen podiums (no idea how many but surely more than a dozen). How many of you support a driver with a less impressive record?

Again, he seems to have lost his edge. Perhaps he stayed around for too long at Renault. But he deserves at least some respect for a worthy F1 career.

I'd say "Go on Fisi! Kick the s##t out of Bernie's a##!""

Flav to Fifi as he spanks him.............who's your daddy? whap who's your daddy?

this thread remembered me of last yr when some website made a list of what drivers wanted for xmas haha fifi said, 'i want a car that can make me wdc' haha

he had one, just didn't know how to use it...

Fisi has appeared on the podium eighteen times in total.

Yeah.

Thats thats more than I thought he had TBH.

His most Impressive of thesi IMO was Belgium in 2001 in the Wreched Benetton he he started 6th in the 2nd race and moved up to second and kept DC in the McLaren at bay for 30 odd laps and finished 3rd that day.

In that season he was in the top 3 drivers.

what a fall from grace sadly.

I used to like Fisi alot and at the start of the year when he was goin well he rekindled that affection that I had for him but unfortunately now its gone.

Its pretty sad to see a driver like him never could capitalize on his strengths and now eventually testing for a backmarker team.Its better to quit than to see yourself struggling to find a good team and car to drive. :P

Trulli truly deserves his place.

His qualifying record is Impressive 14 times out of 17 in the Top ten but when the prizes are rewarded on Sunday he Rewarded himself with only 8 points all season.

IMO if Ralf scored only scored 5 points from battling his way from Midfield well Jarno had made it alot easier for himself to convert points and all he did was waste most of his opportunies IMO.

Hence why I think he should be ranked as one of the Top 5 worst racers in F1 in 2007.

Anyway back to Giancarlo Fisichella.....