Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Kimi Focusing On Titles Not Future

Kimi focusing on titles not future

Thursday, 06, December, 2007, 13:51

Kimi Raikkonen says he is focusing on winning more world titles rather than thinking about what he will do once his Ferrari contract expires in 2009.

The 28-year-old Finn finally became world champion at the third serious attempt last season after winning six races in his first year at the Italian squad following his switch from McLaren.

He admits claiming a drivers

"I don't see any reason to go anywhere else. This team suits me very well.

"I don't know whether this will be my last contract, but I want Ferrari to be my last team."

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO...03&PO=41403

-----------------------------------------

The thing that caught my eye for this one was the fact he has enjoyed Ferrari in one year than all of Mclaren and he wants Ferrari to be his last team...

This says Ferrari is doing something right...

I noticed it too and it seems strange but it looks like Kimi wouldn't mind retiring much sooner than anyone thinks! This contract ends in 2009 and he says he doesn't know if its going to be his last.. :unsure::eusa_think:

The thing that caught my eye for this one was the fact he has enjoyed Ferrari in one year than all of Mclaren and he wants Ferrari to be his last team...

Not a huge surprise he should say good things about Ferrari.

When they go off the pace (I almost wrote if, but in F1 no team has ever stayed at the top for longer than a few years) though it will be interesting to see if he says the same :)

I think he said these same things last summer already, that Ferrari will 100% be his last team. He also said he coudl get a new contract tomorrow if he wanted to, but he just doesn't want to to think too far in the future. Something like that.

I noticed it too and it seems strange but it looks like Kimi wouldn't mind retiring much sooner than anyone thinks! This contract ends in 2009 and he says he doesn't know if its going to be his last.. :unsure::eusa_think:

Could the threat of being overshadowed by rookie be the reason, all the old drivers are retiring??

Not a huge surprise he should say good things about Ferrari.

When they go off the pace (I almost wrote if, but in F1 no team has ever stayed at the top for longer than a few years) though it will be interesting to see if he says the same :)

Well even when he had his bad years in Mclaren, he hardly ever complained...

I think he said these same things last summer already, that Ferrari will 100% be his last team. He also said he coudl get a new contract tomorrow if he wanted to, but he just doesn't want to to think too far in the future. Something like that.

I wonder what he will think after winning 2 titles, as I predict him to dominate the F1 arena next year. The thought of going for the 3rd in a row will weight heavily on his mind....

I wonder what he will think after winning 2 titles, as I predict him to dominate the F1 arena next year. The thought of going for the 3rd in a row will weight heavily on his mind....

According to that article he has a 3 year contract till the END of 2009...

You know, i think maybe they are.

On the other hand, he's not going to say I hate it though is he.

Maybe it's just a Spanish thing.....

and he did say something like, from now on I will see Mclaren in my rearview mirrors! :D