Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Finally Official... Alonso To Renault

THE TEAM WHERE HE CONQUESTED TWO WORLD TITLES

Fernando Alonso confirms he's returning to Renault

The news have have been in everyone's mouth during the last weeks has been confirmed: Fernando Alonso returns to Renault, the team where he conquested two world titles in F1 in the years of 2005 and 2006. After the hard experience at McLaren-Mercedes, the spanish driver returns to the team of Flavio Briatore.

"Is one of the big teams, supported by really important companies. UA team that knows the way to the victory", confirms the asturian, that signed a deal for the next two seasons, in his website. After FIA's decision not to sancionate Renault for the spying at McLaren, it was almost confirmed that the spanish would return to the french team. Only a deal of hours. "Choosing a team didn't take over a week , because not only I but everyone surrounding me already have clear in mind what we wanted", adds Alonso, 26 years old, in his website.

According to El Mundo, he signed a deal of 35 millions of euros, the best of the history. His teammate will be brazilian Nelsinho Piquet, the brazilian world champion's son.

sorry for quick translation ;)

i'm soooooo happy!!!good luck, fernando and renault f1 team!!!!!!!

i even had a dream last night in which fernando was driving a renault car!!!! :D i tend to believe i'm a psychic....!

here's his first interview with renault:

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=238645

I'm now hoping for another rookie to beat him :naughty: Renault won't probably allow it, but anyway, wishful thinking....

I'm now hoping for another rookie to beat him :naughty:Renault won't probably allow it, but anyway, wishful thinking....

why are you always so negative????

i believe that this year fernando will do a great job and renault will be in a very good shape!

regarding the bolds,i think that this is the right way...this is how championships are won...

kimi won the wdc because ferrari didn't allow massa to beat kimi in brazil...think it this way...

why are you always so negative????

i believe that this year fernando will do a great job and renault will be in a very good shape!

regarding the bolds,i think that this is the right way...this is how championships are won...

kimi won the wdc because ferrari didn't allow massa to beat kimi in brazil...think it this way...

I fear you could be right here - I can see Nando's Renault outpacing Lewis' Mclaren next year

:huh:

F1: Alonso, Piquet Confirmed at Renault

Renault F1 has confirmed that Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet Jr. will drive for the team next year.

The news comes just four days after Renault escaped penalty in the spying affair, after the uncertainty meant that neither the team nor Alonso could commit to renewing their partnership.

Renault had wanted a three-year commitment from Alonso, while the driver has been offering his services for only one year in apparent anticipation of a move to Ferrari in 2009.

Alonso was reportedly getting increasingly anxious in recent weeks, ringing teams such as Red Bull personally rather than dealing via his manager. However both sides appear now to have settled for a compromise of two years.

Allow me to do this:

:onefinger:

Yes, I know it is not the same Renault, nor the same Alonso nor the same relationship the had back in the old days but...wooooohoooo!

so fisi and kova are out of renault.

fisi has a change in FI but what about kova? are mclaren interested or they will prefer pedro? imo they will prefer pedro to keep their spanish sponsors happy

Woooohoooooooooooo!

:lol::lol: :lol:

:D:D :D :D :D

:waccoe1:

Damn...now that I have smoke the pipe of peace with Cav!

GO RENAULT!!!! GO FERNANDO!!!!

Ouch, good point there, Darklord. It's a shame if Kova is out of F1. He showed great potential, and seemed more friendly than his fellow countryman.

Sure you are, Nando. <_< Why else did you want a ONE year deal...

Like Bradley, I am waiting with baited breath to see how he fares against Nelsinho. After last season, the young man must surely fancy his chances.

Exactly, He is fully confident his 6 thenths will uplift Reno... Though this season it should only be 3 thenths as he missed winter testing with them...

I think Nelshinho will not challenge Alonso though...

Ouch, good point there, Darklord. It's a shame if Kova is out of F1. He showed great potential, and seemed more friendly than his fellow countryman.

Yeah, i hope Kova stays in F1, but i can't think of any other place other than Mclaren...

but no young driver would want to play second fiddle to Hamilton, so he may not go there, which would mean a sabbatical..

but no young driver would want to play second fiddle to Hamilton

Funnily enough, I think more people will complain about Nelsinho having to play second fiddle to Nando than <insert your favorite driver here> having to play second fiddle to LH.

Beaten by a rookie, fired by Mclaren

Well... beaten by a rookie who knows how to drive but does not know how to setup a car...

...acutally not fired by Mclaren but insisted to be released from McRon!

;)

Funnily enough, I think more people will complain about Nelsinho having to play second fiddle to Nando than <insert your favorite driver here> having to play second fiddle to LH.

See the thing with Nando, is he is kind off proven talent with 2 WDC's. LH isn't. 08 will be his second year and he will be given no1 status, another rookie wouldn't mind giving Alonso no1 but not LH as thet are equals... I can't put this well in words...

Well... beaten by a rookie who knows how to drive but does not know how to setup a car...

very good point!i also wonder wether lewis will be able to set up his car all alone this year...

i think in the 2-3 races that he decided to have a different setup from fernando last year,he didn't do very well...

correct me if i'm wrong...

very good point!i also wonder wether lewis will be able to set up his car all alone this year...

i think in the 2-3 races that he decided to have a different setup from fernando last year,he didn't do very well...

correct me if i'm wrong...

Maybe he will use Pedro's help to get a good setup...

:lol: Of course! Because we're all British Nelsinho is more likely to have to! :P

Oh and I think Lewis was much better at setup in the final few races. Not as good as Nando obviously, but he can learn over the winter too.

Maybe he will use Pedro's help to get a good setup...

sure...the number1 driver needs the help of the test driver to setup his car!it sounds funny,doesn't it?

the number one driver is supposed to be a complete driver,with talent as well as experience.that's why i truly believed that fernando deserved the number 1 status last year at mclaren...but they always said that there are no number 1/2 drivers but suddenly lewis is the number one driver this year...

Oh and I think Lewis was much better at setup in the final few races. Not as good as Nando obviously, but he can learn over the winter too.

I do agree with you there. I might prefer Nando over Lewis, but the bloody kid is good and will get even better this season.

Will be a pleasure to see his a## kicked by Nando on a Renault, though :P

Bah, who am I kidding? Would be a pleasure to see him beaten by anyone on any car, except the Ferraris. If the title fight ends up being between LH and the Ferraris, then sign me up for a T-shirt of the boy-god!