Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Finally Official... Alonso To Renault

sure...the number1 driver needs the help of the test driver to setup his car!it sounds funny,doesn't it?

the number one driver is supposed to be a complete driver,with talent as well as experience.that's why i truly believed that fernando deserved the number 1 status last year at mclaren...but they always said that there are no number 1/2 drivers but suddenly lewis is the number one driver this year...

Well offically Lewis isn't their no 1....

and that was point on why a rookie wouldn't mind being no2 to Alonso rather than LH

and that was point on why a rookie wouldn't mind being no2 to Alonso rather than LH

I agree with you there, except the temptation that means going to McLaren is too big to underestimate. If you are a rookie and you have a chance to run either as a number 1 driver for a small team or as a number 2 for McLaren, you might be strrongly tempted to chose the second option, for the public exposure it means, if not for something else.

See the thing with Nando, is he is kind off proven talent with 2 WDC's. LH isn't. 08 will be his second year and he will be given no1 status, another rookie wouldn't mind giving Alonso no1 but not LH as thet are equals... I can't put this well in words...

Now, now, RD won't allow anything other than absolute equality... unless you, like most everyone else, believe RD to be a compulsive liar.

Oh and I think Lewis was much better at setup in the final few races. Not as good as Nando obviously, but he can learn over the winter too.

Yep.

Besides, there is the evolution/quality of the car itself. No matter how diviiiiiiine the setup skills of a driver, a lemon is a lemon.

The easy predicition is that McLaren will start the season strong and then the accretion of putrefaction will gradually compromise performance.

Officially...

Ha, ha, ha.

Officially...

Ha, ha, ha.

Hey, congrats on Alonso's signing. I bet you are relieved.

After what Alonso had to deal with last season and how well he fared (considering), I'll now keep an eye on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he manages a few great results.

Mind you, Kimi will win again but still... there might just be something left for others to grab.

Now, now, RD won't allow anything other than absolute equality... unless you, like most everyone else, believe RD to be a compulsive liar.

As i also said Offically Lewis is not no 1...

But after this season we as well as all the other drivers know whats unoffical...

Hey, congrats on Alonso's signing. I bet you are relieved.

After what Alonso had to deal with last season and how well he fared (considering), I'll now keep an eye on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he manages a few great results.

Mind you, Kimi will win again but still... there might just be something left for others to grab.

Thank you very much.

He is going to work in good harmony I hope. He will be a happy person again and this will be noticed during the whole season. He is not going to have an easy path to the podium but still he will find his way to the top.

I'm delighted.

Maybe Heikki should have a sabbatical, take a testing role at Toyota and take Trulli's place once he presumably retires after next season (or even during it). Or become a tester at Renault, then replace Alonso once he goes again. Meh, it sounded like he's not going back to Renault in any role.

One year deal at McLaren wouldn't be a catastrophy but Ron has already decided not to favor a third Finn already. :P

Thank you very much.

He is going to work in good harmony I hope. He will be a happy person again and this will be noticed during the whole season. He is not going to have an easy path to the podium but still he will find his way to the top.

I'm delighted.

:D:D:D

If you have any other insider info from your relative, don't hesitate to let us know.

Maybe Heikki should have a sabbatical, take a testing role at Toyota and take Trulli's place once he presumably retires after next season (or even during it). Or become a tester at Renault, then replace Alonso once he goes again. Meh, it sounded like he's not going back to Renault in any role.

One year deal at McLaren wouldn't be a catastrophy but Ron has already decided not to favor a third Finn already. :P

Macca remains in dire straits... they will end up in tears if things continue like this.

The best option for Heikki (as any other driver with any chance whatsoever) is to stay as far away from Hamilton/RD as humanly possible. Hamilton is a excellent driver and RD a manifest incompetent that will set anyone/anything on fire to pursue his personal agenda... including McLaren itself as we have seen last season.

I hope Heikki lands in Toyota. Truly, I don't quite understand why he's been pushed out of Renault. We'll see if Piquet can handle his own.

As i also said Offically Lewis is not no 1...

But after this season we as well as all the other drivers know whats unoffical...

That's why it is so amusing to see the hero worshipers desperately chanting RD's equality mantra.

Congratulations Fernando and to all his supporters, now get down to work and bring Renault back to the front.

Sure you are, Nando. <_< Why else did you want a ONE year deal...

Like Bradley, I am waiting with baited breath to see how he fares against Nelsinho. After last season, the young man must surely fancy his chances.

I bet he does.

It's funny, you listen to all what NP Jnr is saying you know along the lines of "Fernando will be a great yard stick" and "How great it is to be paired with a double World Champion" and you think back to January - Febuary last year and Lewis was saying almost the exact same thing.

I don't rate NP Jnr as high as Lewis or Heikki, I can't see him giving Fernando a hard time. Either can Fernando I assume.

Ouch, good point there, Darklord. It's a shame if Kova is out of F1. He showed great potential, and seemed more friendly than his fellow countryman.

Heikki will be with McLaren, if he isn't that will be the greatest shame in recent history imo.

I bet he does.

It's funny, you listen to all what NP Jnr is saying you know along the lines of "Fernando will be a great yard stick" and "How great it is to be paired with a double World Champion" and you think back to January - Febuary last year and Lewis was saying almost the exact same thing.

I don't rate NP Jnr as high as Lewis or Heikki, I can't see him giving Fernando a hard time. Either can Fernando I assume.

I hope it happens though, Just for the comic irony....

why are you always so negative????

i believe that this year fernando will do a great job and renault will be in a very good shape!

regarding the bolds,i think that this is the right way...this is how championships are won...

kimi won the wdc because ferrari didn't allow massa to beat kimi in brazil...think it this way...

ah, so Fernando DID win his 2 championships with the car set up specifically for him...... no wonder he could'nt cope with the equal status at Mclaren...I pity Fisi for taking the backburner...

The inevitable has happened. I love it (I still liked my Toyota theory, lol).

I feel like the championship has officially come alive for 2009 as of today. We have some great competition to look forward to.

something i learned this season: 'when a team tells u there's no number one, it's because ur number two'

it has. (and no, not pics of me :P )

ive been considering posting my book on my blog... to analyze the market. hehe

its called, 'f1 for stupid drivers - a must read bestseller for a stupid driver like you', and includes:

- all the do's and don'ts for your debut season

- exclusive examples provided by the most known drivers of the world

- an special guide on how to keep your seat for an entire season!

Romain Grosjean joins ART for 08

news_detail_title_bg.gif

ART Grand Prix is pleased to announce that Romain Grosjean will join the team as one of their official drivers in the 2008 GP2 Series. The French driver is one of the 2007 international champions and together with ART the aim is to re-conquer the driver and team crowns.

Nicolas Todt:

Romain is the first driver who symbolizes the synergy between GP2 and the F3 Euroseries within the ART Grand Prix team. We will recreate the same conditions for Romain that we had in place for Lewis Hamilton and hope to get the benefit from them. It was also important for ART Grand Prix to continue working with the Renault Driver Development Programme and we are thrilled that Romain cements this profitable collaboration.

The choice of Romain continues ART Grand Prix

its called, 'f1 for stupid drivers - a must read bestseller for a stupid driver like you', and includes:

Writing a book :huh:

So you're just not a pretty face then ;)

Bring it on. I like your sense of humor.

:D:D:D

If you have any other insider info from your relative, don't hesitate to let us know.

He told me Fernando would go to Renault but even my little nephew knew that. ^_^

ah, so Fernando DID win his 2 championships with the car set up specifically for him...... no wonder he could'nt cope with the equal status at Mclaren...I pity Fisi for taking the backburner...

Where's mummy?