Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skunk0001

Rbr 'up There' In 2009?

Just a thought inspired by boredom...

2009...Big Aero changes with the new regulations, limited wind tunnel and CFD, suspension changes for slicks with limited testing; but with Adrian Newey at the helm and Dietrich Mateschitz' money, not to mention the Renault engines. Hell, by 2009 they might even have the gearbox working :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or are RBR looking good to be fighting for the championship in 2009?

Personally, I'd have them easy top 4 for 2009 above Renault and the rest, likely trading wins with McLaren and Ferrari, with BMW 'in there somewhere'. I may try to get odds for them having a WDC that year.

A bit far forward to be looking before 2008 but some big changes coming.

Thoughts?

I need to re-charge my crystal ball, i can't help you at the moment. I would guess that it's feasible though.

I'm a little stunned at the direction taken in regard to aerodynamics.

However with a nice budget and a nice list of resources whats stopping them.

With the exception of Super Aguri and Spyker I don't really see a team on the grid who is not capable of winning in 2009.

That said, there are a number of teams who are in a very good position to do well in that year, I suppose it all depends on the slick tyres though - its the more significant change of that year.

With the exception of Super Aguri and Spyker I don't really see a team on the grid who is not capable of winning in 2009.

That said, there are a number of teams who are in a very good position to do well in that year, I suppose it all depends on the slick tyres though - its the more significant change of that year.

Firstly its FI, and secondly STR for a win??

Yes Senna and I suggested last year that they could win a race on merit in the next few years.

Wow, Graham. I hope you don't end up looking silly with such a specific prediction! :P

I don't think they'll ever be a competitive force like Mclaren or Ferrari are, perhaps they'll pick up a race win or two but other than that.