Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Too Fast For Alonso

In your dreams, of course, where you can pretend away the comment I was replying to.

I seem to remember you doing exactly that yesterday with reference to the 'Lewisteric' comment! :lol:

Anyhow, how you can even imply that people didn't have a problem in Lewis' case when you harped on about Lewis's preferential treatment, along with quite a few others, is beyond me.

Let's face facts, as you well know them, there are many people who try to put down drivers who they don't like, or even play devil's advocate. People complained about Schumi's apparent no.1 status, people complained about Lewis' apparent preferential treatment and people will complain about Alonso getting apparent no.1 status. However, my point was that dirftingguy had it the wrong way round when he pointed to people being blinkered saying they didn't have a problem with Schumi's no.1 status. It was quite obvious that people did have a problem with it and long before it was levelled at Alonso.

So, did you actually disagree with that comment, or, in your own words, did you just want to pretend it away?

I am afraid it is you who is horse blinkered. You only need to check back on this forum, if you so wish, for evidence that people did have a problem with Schumi's apparent no.1 status. It was something that was levelled at Schumi on many occasions, long before being levelled at Alonso these past few months.

Yes,

Heiki will definitely do no good at McLaren with Lewis getting the preferential treatment there... And Nando with his good abilities to set up a good car will definitely be back among the TOP with his RENO.... Might not be a serious threat to Kimi in 2008, but will definitely win the WDC in 2009...

Yes, your point is taken, but you need to take your blinkers off too because I'm sure there are Schumi fans rampaging through this forum masquerading as Lewis Hamilton fans and who happen to be complaining about FA getting preferential treatment.

this is bollocks, how on earth can you make this suggestion????

this is bollocks, how on earth can you make this suggestion????

You are the opposite, Brad, a Lewis fan masquerading as a Kimi fan and as a dirty, crossdressing double crossing Lewisteric your opinions are ignored! :lol:

You are the opposite, Brad, a Lewis fan masquerading as a Kimi fan and as a dirty, crossdressing double crossing Lewisteric your opinions are ignored! :lol:

:lol:

Just some quick reflections-

The original article was from Autosport- http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64352

The tidbit that created this ruckus was-

But it is understood that his speed ultimately cost him the chance of staying on board at Renault, because the returning Fernando Alonso did not want a teammate to pose the kind of challenge that he faced with Lewis Hamilton at McLaren this year.

So far it sounds like some journalist BS made up story. Of course the fact that Carlos Slim wanted Nelsinho and that he has cought up 60 million euros as sponsor, requiring to have Nelsinho as the second renault driver had nothing to do with the decision to scrap Heiki.

So there you have folks, this is journalism at its best, hint on something, do not back it up with facts, and print it.

I will know let Brad continue with his jerk cycle

Just some quick reflections-

The original article was from Autosport- http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64352

The tidbit that created this ruckus was-

So far it sounds like some journalist BS made up story. Of course the fact that Carlos Slim wanted Nelsinho and that he has cought up 60 million euros as sponsor, requiring to have Nelsinho as the second renault driver had nothing to do with the decision to scrap Heiki.

So there you have folks, this is journalism at its best, hint on something, do not back it up with facts, and print it.

I will know let Brad continue with his jerk cycle

Except for the part where you took B-man's comments too seriously and got defensive, your post was excatly what I was about to reply.

When I read the article yesterday I was amazed at how misleadingly it was constructed. It seems that some people is really mad at Nando to go this far just to make some derisive comments.

Other than that, there are still 2 things that bother me about the whole Nando thing:

1) His insistence in being given No.1 status: he doesn't need to! Either he is good enough to be a "natural" No.1 or the other guy is someone like Lewis. That should motivate him to get the best out of him, not the worst.

2) Even if I love Renault, and I am glad to have Nando there for he will certainly give it a bigger boost than Fisi/HK, it certainly is a step back for Nando to return to Renault.

He may be too fast for Alonso, but Fernando's head is attached to his own body and not surgically fitted up Ron Dennis' rear. :smoke:

>

^ Why didn't they kept Fisi then ?!

From what i read, They had allready given Piquet a contract for 2008 as a race driver. And Piquet IMO would be able to get better sponsers to finance Alonso...

Nobody deserves that. It's going to be humiliating experience.

Yup Agreed. Thus someone like Pedro, Ralf should go there....(i.e. guys who's carrer is almost over)

Heiki will definitely do no good at McLaren with Lewis getting the preferential treatment there... And Nando with his good abilities to set up a good car will definitely be back among the TOP with his RENO.... Might not be a serious threat to Kimi in 2008, but will definitely win the WDC in 2009...

For most parts you need consistency within the team to win WDCs... Offical details are not out, But i think the deal is for one year, so depends where he goes in the next silly season...

and btw Welcome to the forums...

kovy is too fast to be alonso's teammate but doesnt mean he is as fast or faster, if kov was as fast as alonso renault would have a couple wins in 2007

I doubt it personally. THey would obviously have done a bit better, but I can't seem them having won a race.

Why do people now have a smug holier than thou attitude about drivers such as Fernando Alonso demanding preferential treatment when they never had a problem about Michael Schumacher nor Ayrton Senna demanding and getting the same preferential treatment? Even Lewis Hamilton is going to get preferential treatment in 2008

So take off your horse blinkers the next time you make a smug comment about your most hated driver getting preferential treatment because perhaps then you just might notice that your most revered driver is also getting preferential treatment.

I don't think Lewis did get any advantage. And Kimi has long made do with equal status. There's no evidence that Schumi ever demanded an advantage from the get-go: he was simply better than everyone else. I can't imagine him having the problems Alonso did this year from a rookie.

Welcome :)

He may be too fast for Alonso, but Fernando's head is attached to his own body and not surgically fitted up Ron Dennis' rear. :smoke:

Welcome back :lol:

From what i read, They had allready given Piquet a contract for 2008 as a race driver. And Piquet IMO would be able to get better sponsers to finance Alonso...

Yes indeed Ankit. No doubt Renault and Alonso are both worried about how good their second driver is now.

the constant and desperate need you have for delusional statements while your imaginary world blows to pieces as it crashes against reality.

Do you do billboard quotes for crap films?

I don't think Lewis did get any advantage. And Kimi has long made do with equal status. There's no evidence that Schumi ever demanded an advantage from the get-go: he was simply better than everyone else. I can't imagine him having the problems Alonso did this year from a rookie.

I agree.

Fernando's biggest problem is that the world has seen him be beaten. Now, any action he takes to eliminate that threat in the future will be seen as a weakness. He may not like it but that's the way it is.

I'm sure that Michael could and would have been beaten by certain drivers in his career had they been in the same car. Crucially though, Lewis has been a fly in Fernando's ointment. I'll be honest enough to say that although i don't think Michael would have acted as petulantly as Fernando in the same situation as last season, history could have been re-written had Michael allowed someone to be his team mate who he didn't believe would be so strong.

The strength of Michael's brand was the all conquering nature. Much of that was earned but some of it was brilliantly engineered. Fernando and his management would have done well to take note.

Do you do billboard quotes for crap films?

I agree.

Fernando's biggest problem is that the world has seen him be beaten. Now, any action he takes to eliminate that threat in the future will be seen as a weakness. He may not like it but that's the way it is.

I'm sure that Michael could and would have been beaten by certain drivers in his career had they been in the same car. Crucially though, Lewis has been a fly in Fernando's ointment. I'll be honest enough to say that although i don't think Michael would have acted as petulantly as Fernando in the same situation as last season, history could have been re-written had Michael allowed someone to be his team mate who he didn't believe would be so strong.

The strength of Michael's brand was the all conquering nature. Much of that was earned but some of it was brilliantly engineered. Fernando and his management would have done well to take note.

+1 agree, regretfuly, on your remarks about Nando.

I don't quite agree about Michael, though. I tend to think that he also pressed to be given No.1 status. He just was more discreet at doing so. The mere fact that I cannot prove it proves me right (if you read that phrase fast you can't spot the falacy :whistling: )

Just my impression. Then again, I have a strong anti Schumi bias so...

Alonso's lack of accepting equal status really has affected alot of his fans.

Ron's inability to predict Alonso's lack of acceptance for this so called "equal status" really has affected MacLaren's chances for the title.

Spygate affected it rather more don't you think? Or do you mean next year?

There's no doubt that NPJ is a better choice than Fisi as a teammate. He's unlikely to challenge Nando too much, and he's a much better investment for the future if Nando decides to leave when his contract expires.

On the Michael front, there's no doubt that the team was built around him. On race day the drivers may have had equal equipment, but the car was designedx to suit Michael's driving style, and there's no doubt that that equals favouritism.

I just hopes Nelson kicks his a##, from the third race of the season showing the world that he was indeed beaten by a rookie, and he is going to be beaten by another rookie! :P

unfortunately i don't think renault will let this happen. They have already stated that alonso is contracted as their number 1 driver. So its a shame that although they will be in the same cars, they won't be on equal terms

Except for the part where you took B-man's comments too seriously and got defensive, your post was excatly what I was about to reply.

When I read the article yesterday I was amazed at how misleadingly it was constructed. It seems that some people is really mad at Nando to go this far just to make some derisive comments.

Other than that, there are still 2 things that bother me about the whole Nando thing:

1) His insistence in being given No.1 status: he doesn't need to! Either he is good enough to be a "natural" No.1 or the other guy is someone like Lewis. That should motivate him to get the best out of him, not the worst.

2) Even if I love Renault, and I am glad to have Nando there for he will certainly give it a bigger boost than Fisi/HK, it certainly is a step back for Nando to return to Renault.

I love you man, and no, I'm NOT gay!

you've hit the nail right on the head with the bolded parts....

Ron's inability to predict Alonso's lack of acceptance for this so called "equal status" really has affected MacLaren's chances for the title.

So Ron was supposed to predict that by running his team the way he always has it was going to have an adverse affect on Fernando and he was supposed to know that he would act so petulantly? What twoddle. Maybe you think Ron should have used use astrology?

"Fernando, because of the way the planets are situated at the moment, You have a star rising (Lewis) that will be dominant in Saturn (he'll run rings around you) and have a strong affect in Uranus."

Fernando would have known Mclaren's equal driver status policy right from the start. He just completely under estimated Lewis, in my opinion.