Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Too Fast For Alonso

How can you explain a penalty for blocking someone when you leave the pit lane completely free?

It was Lewis Hamilton, that explains it all.

Ok, please tell me you are not serious.

Ok, please tell me you are not serious.

Who would have been penalised if it had been Fisi and Heikki or Massa and Kimi or Heidfeld and Kubica the drivers involved?

"Arrogance, you say?" I hear the Lewis fans shout in mortified surprise. I have but one quote to give you: "This is history"

How can you explain a penalty for blocking someone when you leave the pit lane completely free?

I can take one joke, two and three as well but you are too much of a joke!

You're a deeply deluded man. The pit lane was completely free, but Lewis was queued up behind Alonso. Look at the footage and tell me exactly where you think he was supposed to drive. In reverse? Into the garage? Nando was clearly and deliberately impeding Lewis, and whilst Lewis was queuing up behind Nando he would have been expecting Nando to move away any second, so no reason to get the mechanics out to push him back.

I deplore the actions of the FIA in punishing Alonso with grid positions (as opposed to financially) as it ruined the race, but there's no excuse for what Nando did, and it clearly contravened a very clearly defined section of the rules. You break the rules, you pay the penalty. THAT'S how you explain it.

I love you man, and no, I'm NOT gay!

you've hit the nail right on the head with the bolded parts....

I love you too! Let's shave our armpits and exchange body fluids!

Who would have been penalised if it had been Fisi and Heikki or Massa and Kimi or Heidfeld and Kubica the drivers involved?

Ask your friend Brad who posted that.

You're a deeply deluded man. The pit lane was completely free, but Lewis was queued up behind Alonso. Look at the footage and tell me exactly where you think he was supposed to drive. In reverse? Into the garage? Nando was clearly and deliberately impeding Lewis, and whilst Lewis was queuing up behind Nando he would have been expecting Nando to move away any second, so no reason to get the mechanics out to push him back.

I deplore the actions of the FIA in punishing Alonso with grid positions (as opposed to financially) as it ruined the race, but there's no excuse for what Nando did, and it clearly contravened a very clearly defined section of the rules. You break the rules, you pay the penalty. THAT'S how you explain it.

I think Oli answered it quite well. Let's also not forget that this is from a man who allegedly confided in another driver that he would lay down in front of Schumi's car on the grid out of protest, if he had got away with the parking incident in Monaco. It is exactly the same rule that has been broken. However, as I said previously it should have been dealt with 'in house'.

The crane incident was perfectly legal, consult the rules if you think otherwise. I did and I know it is perfectly legal.

Behind the safety car he could have been punished for not being within 5 lengths of the safety car and he should have got punished for it. However that rule also applies to the formation lap, so when the season starts again see how many drivers fall foul of that one and don't get punished.

Lewis wasn't the only 1 who used more than the permitted allocation of wet weather tyres and nobody else got punished either, nor have they in the past. For such a conspiracy theory to work, the other drivers would have had to have been punished, would they not?

Lewis did drive for a team that committed espionage, however, the FIA's deal, because of Nando presumably, was that the drivers would not get punished if they gave any information they knew. I guess the fact that Alonso aslo drove for them doesn't enter the equation then? Shouldn't your sig say 'Remember McLaren committed espionage and deduct all Alonso and Lewis' points'

kovy is too fast to be alonso's teammate but doesnt mean he is as fast or faster, if kov was as fast as alonso renault would have a couple wins in 2007

Even Alonso's magic half a second couldn't of saved Renault this year, they were well off the pace and I doubt even Alonso could of won a race, certainly not a dry one anyway.

Anyway I doubt Piquet Jnr will give Alonso much trouble, in fact I reckon Kova will be more of a worry to Hamilton than Piquet will be to Alonso.

I can take one joke, two and three as well but you are too much of a joke!

still crashing and burning? ^_^