Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elgo

Heikki Is A Macca Man

Woking, United Kingdom, Friday 14th December 2007: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is pleased to confirm that Finn Heikki Kovalainen will team up with Formula 1 World Championship runner-up Lewis Hamilton for the 2008 season. Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa will remain the third driver and an integral part of the team, whilst Gary Paffett will assist Pedro with the testing programme when required.

Heikki Kovalainen joins Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2008 driver line-up.

source..McLaren homepage

YES YES YES..im so happy now...vodka for everybody

Yahoo! I'm so happy for Kova!! I guess Kova-Hammy are as strong as Kimi-Felipe.

I'm eager to see Kova's speed relative to Hammy. Do Finns have it inside them the moment they're born?

Yahoo! I'm so happy for Kova!! I guess Kova-Hammy are as strong as Kimi-Felipe.

I'm eager to see Kova's speed relative to Hammy. Do Finns have it inside them the moment they're born?

yep..we Finns are fast...my wife thinks im superfast <_<

good for him... he deserves a place in a good competitive car...if Mclaren can produce that before start of the season without using stolen data

good for him... he deserves a place in a good competitive car...if Mclaren can produce that before start of the season without using stolen data

I predict that by year end, Kimi will still be champ and STILL white, Lewis will still be black and Heikki, having been beaten to third, will be happy. Alonso will still be pink with yellow spots and fifth, behind Massa.

This bloke is going to cause more trouble to Lewis than some people expect...it'll be nice to watch... :) (not that i dont like Lewis or anything,I mean the fight will be nice to watch :) )

BTW,interesting,we thought that Nando-Hammy was gunna be the next mclaren era...but next mclaren era is gunna be Hami-Heikki :)

Interesting move, will probably generate some good fight. We'll have to wait and see if he will actually be treated as a number two. I think it was unnecessary from Mclaren to go out with the info that they will have a no1 and a no2 driver next year.

BTW,interesting,we thought that Nando-Hammy was gunna be the next mclaren era...but next mclaren era is gunna be Hami-Heikki :)

Yep,what a pity... -_-

However, I really like the Hamilton-Kova combination.

Interesting... I wonder how this will affect the team's development......

Kova spent one year testing with Renault,both drivers have one year of racing experience,and de la rosa is a fine 3rd driver,I dont think it will drop dramatically.

Yep,what a pity... -_-

However, I really like the Hamilton-Kova combination.

Kova spent one year testing with Renault,both drivers have one year of racing experience,and de la rosa is a fine 3rd driver,I dont think it will drop dramatically.

Yep, I agree. I like Kovalainen a lot so I was hoping for him to get into McLaren, now if he just gets the chance to beat Lewis.. hehe

Kova I believe would have been better off at Toyota. Their car won't be really good in 2008 but at least he would have been treated fairly. Any driver joining McLaren as Lewis' team mate is committing suicide. Nico was stopped from joining McLaren just because it is way too obvious that even though McLaren insist on driver equality they might not have it.

Okay Ron, just 1 year without a Finnish driver and here we go again. Wonderful. B) I never thought I would have so hard time to make a pick between Ferrari and McLaren.

I don't think he would have been "better off" at Toyota, a.ka. drivers cemetery. That's not the right place for young, ambitious drivers who seek to win the championship. While it's likely that Hammy scores more points in the first year, I believe Heikki will challenge him hard and is going to keep improving. He has to, if he wants to win the drivers championship, so why not jump into the challenge right away. And if for some reason it's not working out, he is not destroying his chances to jump to another top team IMO.

Interesting... I wonder how this will affect the team's development......

Yep, two rookies to lead the dance... McLaren is on a roll, they just can't put a foot wrong, can they.

Kova I believe would have been better off at Toyota. Their car won't be really good in 2008 but at least he would have been treated fairly. Any driver joining McLaren as Lewis' team mate is committing suicide. Nico was stopped from joining McLaren just because it is way too obvious that even though McLaren insist on driver equality they might not have it.

The issue of equality, again.

Haven't you realized that McLaren and RD lying about _everything_ else does in no way implies they are also lying about the equality bit?

HK is gonna be screwed over as he's never been screwed over before... and he will have to wear a smile through the whole thing or the British press and their chorus of lewisterics will start yet another lynching campaign.

And yeah, that alone is the reason why NR prefers to drive a lemon...

I didn't want Heikki in a McLaren.

THEY SHOULDA SIGNED ANTHONY HAMILTON, THOSE b#####dS!

I second that.