Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Ferrari's Secrets

Great article! It's nice to see some proper scientific explanations of the technology because I'm usually very dissatisfied with the half-baked logic we normally get from magazines. Maybe I should read this Racecar Engineering more often! The variable break bias setup in ingenious, yet so simple to implement once understood - very elegant imho. Their explanation regarding the gases is excellent too. I don't know why refrigerating gases are so good at conducting heat but I'll be looking it up on google! Pity we don't get more articles like this in F1, but there was some good innovation for you DOF!

>

^ And also this means you don't need neither electronic ABS nor "driver skill" to prevent the rear wheels from locking and controlling the car under rear downforce loss scenario, just some nice mechanical or hydraulic system.

I wonder if McLaren will be the only car not using this gas in their tyres next season?

10/10 to Ferrari for finding this particular solution anyway, or the company they hired to research it anyway!

OMGZ!!! OMGZ!!! DOF OBTAINED ILLEGAL FERRARI SECRETS!!! OMGZ!! OMGZ!!! WMSC!!! WMSC!!!! DOF IS USING FERRARI TECHNOLOGY ON HIS STREET CAR!

I'm sure it's a lovely article. I just didn't read it.

OMGZ!!! OMGZ!!! DOF OBTAINED ILLEGAL FERRARI SECRETS!!! OMGZ!! OMGZ!!! WMSC!!! WMSC!!!! DOF IS USING FERRARI TECHNOLOGY ON HIS STREET CAR!

I'm sure it's a lovely article. I just didn't read it.

It's all OK man 'cause DOF is not challenging Ferrari for any points. The FIA is not interested in anything unless it will help Ferrari. Maybe the FIA will just pat DOF on the head and say "nice job, now can you help us find some way to use this info further penalize Mclaren".

In fact Ferrari has been observed to employ a three-position lever on the right-hand side of its c#ckpit that the drivers are seen to change several times during a lap. This could well be changing the bias profile for different corner scenarios. It could give different settings for high and low-speed corners or different levels of stability under high-speed braking to aid turn in. Put simply, it could insert a wedge between the pedal linkage and the spring, altering the pressure at which it starts to have an influence.

Wait a minute. Does this disprove all the "moving floor" accusations of a few months ago?

(Yes I revived a fairly dead topic just to say that ^_^ )

No. Contrary to what a few fans seemed to think, Ferraris flexible floor flexed because of the way it was mounted, not because of the driver lowering/raising it from the steering wheel.