Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Kimi, 2007 Wdc - So What!

I've trawled through several internet forums and note that Kimi's name is barely in the majority of threads - This guy is the current WDC but, as Bernie intimated, he is doing little or nothing for F1

The true F1 ambassadors are Lewis & Nando - They continue to attract new fans to f1 while the likes of Kimi are conspicuous by their silence.

Just my thoughts

<_<

I've trawled through several internet forums and note that Kimi's name is barely in the majority of threads - This guy is the current WDC but, as Bernie intimated, he is doing little or nothing for F1

The true F1 ambassadors are Lewis & Nando - They continue to attract new fans to f1 while the likes of Kimi are conspicuous by their silence.

Just my thoughts

<_<

The WDC isn't like Miss World you know. What would you prefer him to be doing, opening supermarkets? Doing washing powder commercials?

The only reason that he is not constantly in the press is that the Finnish press aren't as ravingly nationalistic as the UK or Spanish. That and the fact he hasn't been up to his neck in off-track controversy for the last year.

Just my thoughts

<_<

I know you're sad Lewis doesn't **** you while eating a banana, but we can't get everything we want... :P

Kimi's the ****ing man. Lewis is as exciting as a Grand Prix...not very. Fernando is annoying and has an oversized ego. Kimi just stays shut up, when he talks he's hilarious, he's impossible to hate, and he likes ice fishing.

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Shut up and drive. Perhaps it says more about the state of F1 and it's stupid fans. If the fans were REAL, they wouldn't watch because so and so is pretty, or so and so is funny, or so and so is British. They'd watch cuz the drivers kick a##. Obviously not.

fair point, but pretty much all of the surveys and polls out there rate other drivers above him - Indeed, he appears to have been marginalised by the motorsport fraternity - Mclaren & Lewis took pretty much all of the important awards in the Autosport awards and Nando continues to attract a strong and loyal following.

I accept that the WDC is won on the track, but I cant remember a WDC that has had so little exposure as Kimi and that includes Mika

Another thing I'd like to mention is the fact he isn't mentioned on forums is because he has no haters. Fernando and Lewis are well-loved, and well-hated. There's so much bashing and then defense of the bashing on forums that there's no time to mention Kimi. Lewis and Fernando say and do things that are controversial, p**s people off, etc. Other than a few gorilla suit outtings, there's not much to dissect about Kimi.

And don't mistake me for a Kimi fan. Scott Speed all the ****ing way.

The WDC isn't like Miss World you know. What would you prefer him to be doing, opening supermarkets? Doing washing powder commercials?

The only reason that he is not constantly in the press is that the Finnish press aren't as ravingly nationalistic as the UK or Spanish. That and the fact he hasn't been up to his neck in off-track controversy for the last year.

This is what I would have wrote, if I knew how to properly write a reply.

In short, +1 agree.

fair point, but pretty much all of the surveys and polls out there rate other drivers above him - Indeed, he appears to have been marginalised by the motorsport fraternity - Mclaren & Lewis took pretty much all of the important awards in the Autosport awards and Nando continues to attract a strong and loyal following.

I accept that the WDC is won on the track, but I cant remember a WDC that has had so little exposure as Kimi and that includes Mika

Horses for courses. I like a mix of both personally. I think it's fun when some drivers cause off track controversy as it gives us something to talk about in the off-season. But I want to see some drivers ignore all the bulls##t and entertain me on track without whining constantly about how everything's unfair. Unltimately on-track action comes first, and IMO Lewis and Nando have both detracted from what could have been a titanic battle between them by their endless off-track battle. Kimi on the other hand has raced his a## off, and given me more to shout about on-track.

Eric said it well. Kimi's the f*cking man. Lewis and Nando are just overgrown schoolkids.....

Let the flames begin :P

I still didn't realize Kimi is wdc. There's just too much going on this season and... I dunno. I don't think I believe it yet hehe

I guess I'm taking it as a big summer break, so we'll have more 18 races to decide it :)

Kimi is not a PR-slave, he is there just to drive - anything else he does not care about and that is what makes him stand out for me. I think he is just the right kind of a champion, you know, for each his own. Lewis and Fernando did gather a lot of publicity for F1 but you can also wonder if it was all positive...

Also note that the Finnish fanbase of anyone can't be too large or loud, as there are only 5.2 million of us Finns. Our media is not internationally too often noticed either, so there you go. (Then again it makes me wonder how two Finnish drivers can come and gather more points per season than any other nationalities, ahahha)

Just my thoughts

<_<

I don't think Hamilton nor Nando have done more than Kimi. They are diferent characters and that is good for Formula One. Some fans can be tiring but it is not Kimi's fault.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the fact he isn't mentioned on forums is because he has no haters. Fernando and Lewis are well-loved, and well-hated. There's so much bashing and then defense of the bashing on forums that there's no time to mention Kimi. Lewis and Fernando say and do things that are controversial, p**s people off, etc. Other than a few gorilla suit outtings, there's not much to dissect about Kimi.

And don't mistake me for a Kimi fan. Scott Speed all the ****ing way.

There was a time when Kimi was hated just like Lewis or Nando are hated here. I remember me and Brad defending him, especially before the start of 2005 season and during the entire season, when they blamed all the car failures on his driving style. Some even accused him for not having facial hair.

Lewis mighta been just as "boring" if he had not been fighting in the front row against Nando. But hey, some folks like F1 to be a carneval show and some of us think that racing is the main thing.

Besides F1 doesn't let drivers be personalities. You're supposed to say only nice things and answer all the silly questions by the press giving boring answers. If you don't then someone is gonna turn it against you. Where are the F1 bad boys. :(

There was a time when Kimi was hated just like Lewis or Nando are hated here. I remember me and Brad defending him, especially before the start of 2005 season and during the entire season, when they blamed all the car failures on his driving style. Some even accused him for not having facial hair.

true....

I do think we made them see the light AbbasGear :lol:

It's been a busy year. Lewis exploded onto the seen; he was always going to be the biggest story of the season. With the scandal flying around too it's no wonder that the emphasis has been taken off of Kimi and his achievement.

I think had Kimi won by destroying Mclaren instead of them making it easier for him we may be talking about it more. That's not to disrespect Kimi or what he has achieved, indeed it's long overdue and he drovely beautifully in the second half of the year. But many people feel, i'm sure, that through no fault of his own he won it in a rather underwheliming manner.

I'm with the 'shut up and drive' advocators. Kimi could lock himself away in an igloo from October to March for all i care. I just want to see him in a car going around a track, fast.

:clap3::clap3:

Very well said indeed.

Kimi drove really well toward the end of the season and fully deserved the title. He kept his cool when others didnt. He did his talking on track where it mattered.

It's been a busy year. Lewis exploded onto the seen; he was always going to be the biggest story of the season. With the scandal flying around too it's no wonder that the emphasis has been taken off of Kimi and his achievement.

I think had Kimi won by destroying Mclaren instead of them making it easier for him we may be talking about it more. That's not to disrespect Kimi or what he has achieved, indeed it's long overdue and he drovely beautifully in the second half of the year. But many people feel, i'm sure, that through no fault of his own he won it in a rather underwheliming manner.

I'm with the 'shut up and drive' advocators. Kimi could lock himself away in an igloo from October to March for all i care. I just want to see him in a car going around a track, fast.

welcome!

true....

I do think we made them see the light AbbasGear :lol:

:P yes Brad, I just hope Kimi won with Mclaren. Anyways, Kimi is happy there in Ferrari.

I doubt it bothers Raikkonen too much that he doesn't get a lot of credit or exposure, I think that's the way he likes it. Anyway everybody better get used to him being champion, title number two is coming up.

Anyway everybody better get used to him being champion, title number two is coming up.

I just hope all of you are wrong... ^_^