Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Lewis Gets Owned By Police

Lewis Clocked at 120 mph

****ing idiot. Anyone who goes more than 10 over the speed limit is a ****ing idiot. Just shows how much of ****ing idiots athletes can be these days. They think they're on top of the world and can get away with anything. And to be ****ing honest, they can. If I ****ing went 120, I'd never be able to acquire a liscense again. Hell, might go to jail. Just cuz he thinks he's superman, and he can drive well, no doubt, doesn't mean the people around him can. You have to be in control of the front of your vehicle at all times, and if someone checked up, etc, Lewis ain't slowing down from 120 quick enough. Lucky b#####d.

(Yes, I had a wonderful day at work, thanks for asking)

I agree Eric.

The McLaren sponsors (or partners to use correct McLaren talk) would not be happy with Mr Hamilton.

Before the lewisteric yihad arrives here demanding "absolute proof" and similar hysterical nonsense, let me point out that this piece of news is obviously false. Anyone that has seen interviews with Hamilton, has seen him saying over and over that he drives hybrids and diesel vans, etc.

These F1 drivers (and ex drivers) need to lead by example when it comes to safety on public roads. Especially in the eyes of youngsters who are easily impressed by speeding. Both Schumi and now Hami need to pull their heads in. They've both acted like d!cks lately.

Before the lewisteric yihad arrives here demanding "absolute proof" and similar hysterical nonsense, let me point out that this piece of news is obviously false. Anyone that has seen interviews with Hamilton, has seen him saying over and over that he drives hybrids and diesel vans, etc.

Before you dump more Manure, Lewis's fans do not care if he gets caught or not, as long as he didn't kill anyone...Let me point out that if this news is false or true, No one is above the law and acts like over speeding deserves a slap or a good spanking.

These F1 drivers (and ex drivers) need to lead by example when it comes to safety on public roads. Especially in the eyes of youngsters who are easily impressed by speeding. Both Schumi and now Hami need to pull their heads in. They've both acted like d!cks lately.

You are very right, in the last week twice have been drivers been in the headlines for bad choices they made behind the wheel, yes it is funny what Schumi did but really not too smart. Now I'm not trying to make excuses but he was in Germany and it is legal to drive like a maniac on the freeway. Something I as a German don't agree with but thats how it is. Now on the Hamilton part he did drive a lot faster then you are allowed to usually that would require the loss of your license in most places, In Germany funnily enough if you speed that much in a restricted zone its at least 6 months and a fine based on how much you make. I know that there was a case where someone was fined $50,000 Euros b/c of the formula they use to fine. The problem I see is that he pretty much got a slap on the wrist for something that would have sever consequences for most other people.

This article is real, sorry kiddo. SPEEDTV is a credible source, and they clearly mark all "rumors." No idea why it hasn't been spread around other websites, but I am confident in SPEEDTV, as much as I hate them.

And Abbas, I'm going to have to disagree with you today. As long as he didn't kill someone doesn't mean s##t, because while speeding, you wouldn't know beforehand. You don't step into a car and say "I'm not going to kill someone" and then speed, same as you usually don't say "I am going to kill someone" and go speed. You don't know beforehand, only when it's too late. It doesn't matter, Lewis shouldn't do this. If it doesn't matter if no one dies, then a lot of ignorant people will try it thinking "well, no one died when Lewis did it" and as dumb as that sounds, it's true. If people get away with speeding, more will try it, and the more people who speed, the more people, both speeders and innocent victims, who die or become injured.

Lewis Clocked at 120 mph

****ing idiot. Anyone who goes more than 10 over the speed limit is a ****ing idiot. Just shows how much of ****ing idiots athletes can be these days. They think they're on top of the world and can get away with anything. And to be ****ing honest, they can. If I ****ing went 120, I'd never be able to acquire a liscense again. Hell, might go to jail. Just cuz he thinks he's superman, and he can drive well, no doubt, doesn't mean the people around him can. You have to be in control of the front of your vehicle at all times, and if someone checked up, etc, Lewis ain't slowing down from 120 quick enough. Lucky b#####d.

(Yes, I had a wonderful day at work, thanks for asking)

What staggers me is that he's so thick he doesn't realise the risk he's taking. If he kills someone as a result of his recklessness, he would lost everything- he'd be dropped, and probably persona non grata throughout the paddock. Suddenly his multi-million dollar future goes down the drain.

Before you dump more Manure, Lewis's fans do not care if he gets caught or not, as long as he didn't kill anyone.

Well you should. Driving that fast is plainly idiotic.

I wonder what constitutes "very polite and cooperative."

This is a splendid moment for me and my family. We've been working for this for a very long time and it wasn't a matter of where or how but rather when. I am so excited for this moment and I am living my dream, officer. Thank you so very much for making it possible!

your making quite a fuss over a little bit of speeding. can anyone tell me the exact situation that he was in doing 120? if it was in heaving traffic and he was weaving (which would be the only way he could have been doing 120 in traffic) then i would say he's a dumbass. but if he was on a remote two lane road with a very few, read maybe 1 or two cars per couple of miles, then its not that big of deal. i might be a little biased however, as i regularly hit 90 on my way to work and every so often i'll hit 110 (my little grandma car is governed at 110). i do this on a two lane highway with a speed limit of "ghasp" 55mph. thats double the posted speed limit. you'd think i would have killed at least 30 people by now. ok, so i might be being a bit of a prick now but its probably not as big of a deal as yall are making it out to be.

your making quite a fuss over a little bit of speeding. can anyone tell me the exact situation that he was in doing 120? if it was in heaving traffic and he was weaving (which would be the only way he could have been doing 120 in traffic) then i would say he's a dumbass. but if he was on a remote two lane road with a very few, read maybe 1 or two cars per couple of miles, then its not that big of deal. i might be a little biased however, as i regularly hit 90 on my way to work and every so often i'll hit 110 (my little grandma car is governed at 110). i do this on a two lane highway with a speed limit of "ghasp" 55mph. thats double the posted speed limit. you'd think i would have killed at least 30 people by now. ok, so i might be being a bit of a prick now but its probably not as big of a deal as yall are making it out to be.

Regardless of the conditions he was driving in, famous race drivers need to remember that they are in the public eye, and thus their actions can influence others.

Edit- Sorry for sounding like a community spokesman. I just think these guys need to act a bit more responsibly given they're fame an influence.

Oh woop, only 120 mph?, it's not that big a deal, I could hit that every day coming home from work.

Regardless of the conditions he was driving in, famous race drivers need to remember that they are in the public eye, and thus their actions can influence others.

Edit- Sorry for sounding like a community spokesman. I just think these guys need to act a bit more responsibly given they're fame an influence.

1) Yeah, they should be more responsible.

2) Speeding outside the tracks its such a common trait in race drivers it's almost no news. Even if that is no excuse for their behavior, it's not like Hammy is the first to do this. Fangio, Piquet are the first two with speeding stories that come to mind.

3) Yes, speeding shows despise for your life (which is ok, it's yours after all) and others (that is not so good). There was a famous case here when a guy in a street race with a friend through traffic (or just going fast, according to some others) crashed with his specially tuned car against another with a young lady and her baby. The guy survived with no injuries. The lady and her baby burned to death inside their car. I am sure the guy didn't want to kill them. But he should have imagined that going at top speed makes it very likely for an accident to happen no matter how good you are behind the wheel. You have no time to react against the unexpected. He just didn't care about the risks.

2) Speeding outside the tracks its such a common trait in race drivers it's almost no news. Even if that is no excuse for their behavior, it's not like Hammy is the first to do this. Fangio, Piquet are the first two with speeding stories that come to mind.

3) Yes, speeding shows despise for your life (which is ok, it's yours after all) and others (that is not so good). There was a famous case here when a guy in a street race with a friend through traffic (or just going fast, according to some others) crashed with his specially tuned car against another with a young lady and her baby. The guy survived with no injuries. The lady and her baby burned to death inside their car. I am sure the guy didn't want to kill them. But he should have imagined that going at top speed makes it very likely for an accident to happen no matter how good you are behind the wheel. You have no time to react against the unexpected. He just didn't care about the risks.

I only turn up the burner on the open and uncrowded freeways.

Dear oh dear get off your soap-boxes all of you.

Surprise surprise he went over the limit - just like every other racing driver. Go back in history and you will find numerous accounts of speeding race-drivers, including the infamous incident where Senna was pulled over by the UK police ""who do you think you are sir?" Said the police - "Ayrton Senna?". "Er, yes actually" he replied...... :)

The fact is that speed does not kill, bad driving does. And bad driving can sometimes mean driving too fast for the conditions (traffic, weather, visibility, etc), not understanding the limits of the car or taking stupid risks.

And no I don't think he is setting a bad example either. I'm not going to suddenly go "ooh I'm going to drive at 120mph everywhere now because I've seen Lewis doing it"....

And yes I have gone over the speed limit too - I am *such* a bad man! :)

Dear oh dear get off your soap-boxes all of you.

Surprise surprise he went over the limit - just like every other racing driver. Go back in history and you will find numerous accounts of speeding race-drivers, including the infamous incident where Senna was pulled over by the UK police ""who do you think you are sir?" Said the police - "Ayrton Senna?". "Er, yes actually" he replied...... :)

The fact is that speed does not kill, bad driving does. And bad driving can sometimes mean driving too fast for the conditions (traffic, weather, visibility, etc), not understanding the limits of the car or taking stupid risks.

And no I don't think he is setting a bad example either. I'm not going to suddenly go "ooh I'm going to drive at 120mph everywhere now because I've seen Lewis doing it"....

And yes I have gone over the speed limit too - I am *such* a bad man! :)

Bad driving can also including reacting badly to a speeding driver who thinks they're doing it safely, and then causing a bad accident in the process of trying to avoid one. I've seen it happen. I can appreciate that speeding on an empty highway is a different thing. Thats why I reckon the Schumi thing is a little worse than the Hami thing if he really did "drive at full throttle around the corners and over-take in some unbelievable places."

I go over the speed limit all the time, but there is a big difference between doing 80 and 120. Admittedly I drive a bit faster than 80 in the UK, but generally driving standards there are rather better than in Cali.

The punishments for speeding are graded precisely because of the potential you have to cause accidents at higher speeds, and the higher rates of fatalities at those speeds. In America I can drive at 80 and if I get stopped I'll be fined. Anything over 100 and I'll most probably end up in jail (or at the very least kicked out of the country). On a clear road I'll go as high as 20 mph over the posted speed limit- any more and I know that it drastically reduces my (and others) survival in the event of a crash.

I'm not going to get up on my high horse and say that he is an idiot for speeding- after all I did some pretty dumb things when I was 22- but I am going to say he's an idiot for doing it when he has so much to lose.

Bad driving can also including reacting badly to a speeding driver who thinks they're doing it safely, and then causing a bad accident in the process of trying to avoid one. I've seen it happen. I can appreciate that speeding on an empty highway is a different thing. Thats why I reckon the Schumi thing is a little worse than the Hami thing if he really did "drive at full throttle around the corners and over-take in some unbelievable places."

I agree with you on that.

The French police are reknowned for their stance on speeding and Senna, Button, Montoya amongst a host of others have all been pulled over there. What I did find quite ironic is that they have this stance and then have possibly some of the worst driving in the world taking place in Paris. The most scary taxi-ride I ever had was in Paris - the driver beamed a maniacal grin as he sped through traffic, switched lanes rather rapidly and dramatically and braked as late as physics would allow. I was white at the end of it. I've driven or been driven in many countries, including Morocco, India, Brazil and Tunisia and Paris is more scary than all of those.

The most exhilarating and also scary experience was in Brazil when travel at 4am from one side of Belo Horizonte (their 3rd biggest city) to the other. The car was a beat-up thing, chugging away on LPG (with the faint whiff of gas as you sat in the back). No seat-belts, of course. Young man, non-English speaking in his early 20s started off OK and then accelerated up to over 100 kph driving through the largely deserted city centre streets. Every time he came to a green light - foot flat to the floor. Every time he came to a red light, he feathered the throttle slightly but still kept going having lost only a few clicks on the speedo. The trip was about 8-10km across the city and was one hell of a white-knuckle ride. It was only when we got to the airport we realised that whilst this was amazing (and you had to admire his skills), what would have happened if we met another taxi driver doing the same thing going across on of the junctions???!!!!

I drove around the six-lane roundabout that goes around the Arc de Triomphe once. Possibly the scariest experience of my entire life........

I agree with you on that.

The French police are reknowned for their stance on speeding and Senna, Button, Montoya amongst a host of others have all been pulled over there. What I did find quite ironic is that they have this stance and then have possibly some of the worst driving in the world taking place in Paris. The most scary taxi-ride I ever had was in Paris - the driver beamed a maniacal grin as he sped through traffic, switched lanes rather rapidly and dramatically and braked as late as physics would allow. I was white at the end of it. I've driven or been driven in many countries, including Morocco, India, Brazil and Tunisia and Paris is more scary than all of those.

The most exhilarating and also scary experience was in Brazil when travel at 4am from one side of Belo Horizonte (their 3rd biggest city) to the other. The car was a beat-up thing, chugging away on LPG (with the faint whiff of gas as you sat in the back). No seat-belts, of course. Young man, non-English speaking in his early 20s started off OK and then accelerated up to over 100 kph driving through the largely deserted city centre streets. Every time he came to a green light - foot flat to the floor. Every time he came to a red light, he feathered the throttle slightly but still kept going having lost only a few clicks on the speedo. The trip was about 8-10km across the city and was one hell of a white-knuckle ride. It was only when we got to the airport we realised that whilst this was amazing (and you had to admire his skills), what would have happened if we met another taxi driver doing the same thing going across on of the junctions???!!!!

Damn what a tale! Glad you lived to tell it.. You should've hunted down a 'i survived a Brazilian cab ride' tshirt before you left the country!

What a lot of fuss about nothing.

If there were no speed limits in the world and the idiots that enforce them grew some brain cells, what speed do you think Lewis would have been able to do safely before the police pulled him over for dangerous driving? Let me guess, it would have been a lot higher.

I started a thread on speeding in the Cafe and aired most of my views there. This subjective view of speeding and condemnation of drivers for breaking a limit plucked from the sky by bureacrats is ridiculous.

It's a shame that there are so many idiots in the world who cannot drive to the appropriate conditons. That's why we have speed limits.

I think it's Paul's sig' that says (so perfectly) "Rules are for the obdeince of fools and for the guidance of wise men".

1. I agree <shivers>

2. I agree again <shivers even more>

3. I don't agree <balance is restored in the universe> :lol:

What a lot of fuss about nothing.

If there were no speed limits in the world and the idiots that enforce them grew some brain cells, what speed do you think Lewis would have been able to do safely before the police pulled him over for dangerous driving? Let me guess, it would have been a lot higher.

I started a thread on speeding in the Cafe and aired most of my views there. This subjective view of speeding and condemnation of drivers for breaking a limit plucked from the sky by bureacrats is ridiculous.

It's a shame that there are so many idiots in the world who cannot drive to the appropriate conditons. That's why we have speed limits.

I think it's Paul's sig' that says (so perfectly) "Rules are for the obdeince of fools and for the guidance of wise men".

It is indeed my sig, Steve, thanks for noticing! :lol:

I agree with you, though, the main problem in this country, at least, is complete and utter sh!t driving that causes the most accidents, not purely speeding, though they are not mutually exclusive. Not that I am adovcating speeding, per se, just agreeing with my own sig :whistling:

Anyway, I think statistically the most accidents are within 3 miles of your home at a roundabout, or something absurd like that. The problem is, I think most drivers must know this and think bollocks to it I am more than 3 miles from my house and not by a roundabout so I can drive however the hell I like.

Wouldn't it be funny if he had gotten caught during the week of the French Grand Prix and couldn't drive in the race because he was suspended from driving in France.

I take a lighter side on this. He got caught speeding, not commiting murder.

F1-ToGo

Wouldn't it be funny if he had gotten caught during the week of the French Grand Prix and couldn't drive in the race because he was suspended from driving in France.

I take a lighter side on this. He got caught speeding, not commiting murder.

F1-ToGo

:lol: