Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bro.

2007, The Year It Was.

2007, Well 2007 is now done and dusted and we look foward towards the unknown that is 2008, I just want a quick moment to reflect what was My ups and downs in this season, this may include the racing side of things or possibly a personal goal or misfortune.

My up was at the European GP this season when Mark Webber came 3rd holding off the attentions of Alexander Wurz and DC.

Low was of course at the Japanese GP when Vettel did the unthinkable.

Personal Up was me getting my Licence back in April which has given me freedom :) .

Personal Low, Maure calling me a Liar :angry::nono1::thbdn: .

What were your Ups and downs in 2007 and what do you look foward to for 2008?

I look foward to Clubbin and going to my Home Grand Prix.

And I'm Looking foward to Mark Webber going down to the Australian GP next Season and Doing the clean sweep, Pole, Fastest Lap and Victory which will set him up to win the world championship next year fighting off the attentions of Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Heikki Kovalainen, DC, the Ferrari boys, the Beemers Sebastien Bourdais Nelson Piquet and of course, Fernando Alonso...

2007, Well 2007 is now done and dusted and we look foward towards the unknown that is 2008, I just want a quick moment to reflect what was My ups and downs in this season, this may include the racing side of things or possibly a personal goal or misfortune.

My up was at the European GP this season when Mark Webber came 3rd holding off the attentions of Alexander Wurz and DC.

Personal Up was me getting my Licence back in April which has given me freedom :) .

Personal Low, Maure calling me a Liar :angry::nono1::thbdn: .

What were your Ups and downs in 2007 and what do you look foward to for 2008?

I look foward to Clubbin and going to my Home Grand Prix.

And I'm Looking foward to Mark Webber going down to the Australian GP next Season and Doing the clean sweep, Pole, Fastest Lap and Victory which will set him up to win the world championship next year fighting off the attentions of Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Heikki Kovalainen, DC, the Ferrari boys, the Beemers Sebastien Bourdais Nelson Piquet and of course, Fernando Alonso...

may your Dreams (not) come true :P

:) Was a great year! :D But:

My lows would b hamilton trying to challenge the safety car, making my poor Seb crash :/

Ups would b Nicks podiums, Seb's great races and my first brazilian gp :)

Wish a new season w no spy scandals for a change, no more lewis-unconditional-love and some more races like china n japan :)

Happy new year to everyone! :)

Highs would be Kimi winning on his debut for Ferrari and lapping Massa, Robert Kubica surviving that awful crash, the European GP and the Brazilian GP where KR took his overdue first title.

Lows would be the s##tscandal, Mclaren and Ferrari winning all the races, the excessive coverage of Hamilton, the FIA's terrible decisions. Worst of all, we lost Colin Mcrae :(

Highs would be Kimi winning on his debut for Ferrari and lapping Massa, Robert Kubica surviving that awful crash, the European GP and the Brazilian GP where KR took his overdue first title.

Lows would be the s##tscandal, Mclaren and Ferrari winning all the races, the excessive coverage of Hamilton, the FIA's terrible decisions. Worst of all, we lost Colin Mcrae :(

totally agree...must say R Kubica surviving the crash was a miracle. Still hard to belive that Colin is gone :(

Wow, you guys have no lives, if the highs and lows of your entire year are about racing...

High: getting engaged

Low: joining TF1

F1 ups? Lewis. F1 Downs? Fernando. Life ups? New York in March. Life downs? My Grandad died on christmas day.

Happy New Year.

Wow, you guys have no lives, if the highs and lows of your entire year are about racing...

Im just saying throughout the Formula one season becaue this is a Formula One forum. :D

Not a Superbowl one :o:lol: ....

Yeah I did not think of Colin's death, that would also be another Racing down.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather Chief Brody, Was he sick for a while or was it all of a sudden?

Ups: Getting a job, seeing Schumi\'s face when he handed Alonso and Ron Dennis the winniers trophy at the Nurburgring, Seeing McLaren get a 1-2 at Monza

Downs: practically everything else

My high was seeing Boise State win the Fiesta Bowl over Oklahoma.

My low was seeing LSU lose to Kentucky and Arkansas.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather Chief Brody, Was he sick for a while or was it all of a sudden?

He had been on a steady decline for the last twelve months but was still active and able to drive his car. He had a pacemaker fitted back in the summer which gave him a new lease of life but he still struggled with his breathing. A couple of weeks ago he complained of ulcerated legs (a problem he had before). My father went bezerk at his doctor who acted very nonchanantly and he was duly admitted to hospital.

He very quickly went downhill and refused to take any medication. Doctors found pills under his pillow. I visited him on the 20th of December but he was asleep the whole time. i wish now i had woken him. He told my father three days later that he was not prepared to fight anymore and was ready to die.

My father phoned me on christmas morning to say that he had spent the night with him, at his bed side, with my uncle and that he died at 2.30 am.

He was a brilliant man. His wife died ten years ago and he amazed me with his strength and capacity to be independent. An only child, he was brought up by his grandmother after his mother ran away when he was a child. He was a gunner on a ship during WW2 but (as many veterans did not) never really spoke about it. He told me one story about how a ship in his fleet was sunk right in front of his eyes by a German submarine. His Captain ordered them to sail by the survivors who my Grandad looked in the eye, fearful of being sunk themselves. It was surely events like these that hardened my dear Grandad and put his life into perspective. He was a hard man, very strict but jovial and lots of fun too.

I will miss him enormously. I don't mean to burden you all with my story. I seek no sympathy, i only write this as a means of offloading.

R.I.P Albert George.

At least you can admit that you were high when you got engaged :P

He had been on a steady decline for the last twelve months but was still active and able to drive his car. He had a pacemaker fitted back in the summer which gave him a new lease of life but he still struggled with his breathing. A couple of weeks ago he complained of ulcerated legs (a problem he had before). My father went bezerk at his doctor who acted very nonchanantly and he was duly admitted to hospital.

He very quickly went downhill and refused to take any medication. Doctors found pills under his pillow. I visited him on the 20th of December but he was asleep the whole time. i wish now i had woken him. He told my father three days later that he was not prepared to fight anymore and was ready to die.

My father phoned me on christmas morning to say that he had spent the night with him, at his bed side, with my uncle and that he died at 2.30 am.

He was a brilliant man. His wife died ten years ago and he amazed me with his strength and capacity to be independent. An only child, he was brought up by his grandmother after his mother ran away when he was a child. He was a gunner on a ship during WW2 but (as many veterans did not) never really spoke about it. He told me one story about how a ship in his fleet was sunk right in front of his eyes by a German submarine. His Captain ordered them to sail by the survivors who my Grandad looked in the eye, fearful of being sunk themselves. It was surely events like these that hardened my dear Grandad and put his life into perspective. He was a hard man, very strict but jovial and lots of fun too.

I will miss him enormously. I don't mean to burden you all with my story. I seek no sympathy, i only write this as a means of offloading.

R.I.P Albert George.

Well I hope that helped you feel better, sounds like he was a brilliant man from that. As a sad coincidence, my Grandfather also died on Christmas day, 2006 though, and I can't believe it was already over twelve months ago.

Highs:

Being able to see Lewis Hamiltons first GP live in Melbourne.

Kimi taking the Championship.

Mark taking a well deserved podium at the "Ring".

Lows:

Fernando's self destruction.

Spy scandal.

Here, here, Sunshine, I couldn't have agreed more with your Reply for the Dribbler.

And when someone in your family does die the following year does fly by.

F1 high : Kimi/Ferrari winning WDC/WCC

F1 low : Hypocracy from Mclaren and its supporters

Personal high : dating best looking gal in my college :wub:

Personal low : my grand dad died in nov :(

F1 best: A season without Schumacher.

F1 worst: All the accusations & spy scandals.

Personal high: The end of a terrible relationship & the start of a beautiful one. :wub:

Personal low: The whole lesbian incident. :frusty:

It's been one of those years :)

Personal low: The whole lesbian incident. :frusty:

Is this a film or something you would like to share with the whole group?

F1 high : Kimi/Ferrari winning WDC/WCC

F1 low : Hypocracy from Mclaren and its supporters

Personal high : dating best looking gal in my college :wub:

Personal low : my grand dad died in nov :(

pulsar has worked after all! :P