Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Ben's Showbiz Gossip Column

I thought I would start a thread for any future gossip or stories about celebrities whether they be models, actor's, actresses, music artists, or indeed stories of F1 driver's and their shenanigans outside of the F1 circus! This is my attempt at organizing the cafe section a little bit :D

The latest on the crazy life of Britney Spears... courtesy of dailymail.co.uk

Britney Spears on 'suicide-watch' after arrest for holding her own children hostage

Last updated at 18:07pm on 4th January 2008

Britney Spears has reportedly been placed on a 72-hour lock down in a special suicide watch-style unit for a mental evaluation after holding her children hostage and refusing to hand them over to their father at a court-appointed time.

Amid extraordinary scenes, the fallen popstar was stretchered bleary-eyed from her home last night under police guard and then taken to hospital by ambulance for tests when she was suspected to be "under the influence of an unknown substance".

It has now emerged that she is reportedly being held under a so-called "5150 hold" within a unit at Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, according to TMZ.com.

A "5150" order means staff believe there's evidence she is a danger to herself or others. The California order allows a clinician or officer to involuntarily confine a person, and requires signs of mental disorder and/or grave disability.

A hospital source told Usmagazine.com., the singer was designated a "special needs" patient," meaning "they have either overdosed or tried to commit suicide".

At least six police cars, an ambulance, a fire engine and even a police helicopter were called to Spears's home amid fears she was threatening to harm either herself or her children. One witness described the situation as "scary".

She was eventually persuaded to hand over the boys - Sean Preston, two, and one-year-old Jayden James - to police after four hours of intense negotiation.

A spokesman for Los Angeles police said officers believed that Spears was under the influence of an "unknown substance".

The 26-year-old was taken to the Cedars-Sinai where she underwent a mental health assessment.

She gave a one-fingered salute to photographers as she left the ambulance on a stretcher.

Spears faces arrest and charges if she tests positive for either drink or drugs.

The dramatic stand-off began at 8pm (4am GMT) when two of Federline's bodyguards arrived to collect the children.

Spears, who has limited visitation rights, refused to hand over the boys and police were called.

Police spokesman Jason Lee said today: "Officers were called to Britney Spears's home. She was refusing to hand the children over to their father as part of a court order.

"We believe Britney Spears is under the influence and needs to be evaluated.

"At this stage we do not know what she may or may not have taken - that's why she needs to be evaluated.

"But obviously if the test does prove positive, then we would be looking to move her to a police station and charge her."

Officers began negotiating the children's release and shortly after 10pm Spears appeared to let police and paramedics inside the home, which is in a gated community.

An ambulance then arrived and a wheelchair was taken into the house.

Today's drama is the latest episode in the ongoing custody battle between Spears and Federline, who married in October 2004 but divorced last July.

Yesterday, Spears visited Federline's lawyer Mark Kaplan at his office in Los Angeles to make a legal statement over allegations that she had "misused alcohol and other substances" in front of her sons.

Wearing a pink dress and sunglasses, the singer arrived 90 minutes late, according to Mr Kaplan.

She missed a similar appointment last month and again on Wednesday, when her law firm, Trope and Trope, filed a court motion asking to be withdrawn from the case due to a "breakdown" in communication with their client.

Crazy bitch. Maybe this unknown substance there looking for is called 'fame'.

I know I know, that wasnt harsh enough, but its the season of goodwill.

Well in actual fact I certainly would not mock her. She has a mental illness clearly and desperately needs help. It is a shame to see anyone in her situation, however because she is so famous it is played out through the media! I certainly hope this will be her rock bottom and from here she can get her life back on track. Forget about her career and just focus on getting her life together, getting her children back and then only once she is fully stable should she resume her career! As much as the girl is a mess I don't think she ever truly got over her and Justin Timberlake breaking up as since then she has just gone downhill. Not only that she has had her children taken off her and for any mother to lose their kids is just asking for trouble (yes she didn't help herself but we don't know the full story and I think it's pretty clear having seen this thing happen with my own mother before that Federline is playing mind games on her!)

Thats my two pence worth anyways!!!

Indeed a sad tale.

Well in actual fact I certainly would not mock her. She has a mental illness clearly and desperately needs help. It is a shame to see anyone in her situation, however because she is so famous it is played out through the media! I certainly hope this will be her rock bottom and from here she can get her life back on track. Forget about her career and just focus on getting her life together, getting her children back and then only once she is fully stable should she resume her career! As much as the girl is a mess I don't think she ever truly got over her and Justin Timberlake breaking up as since then she has just gone downhill. Not only that she has had her children taken off her and for any mother to lose their kids is just asking for trouble (yes she didn't help herself but we don't know the full story and I think it's pretty clear having seen this thing happen with my own mother before that Federline is playing mind games on her!)

Thats my two pence worth anyways!!!

Well maybe I was a bit harsh earlier...

What I will say is I feel more sorry for the children than I do for her.

Indeed, the children need a stable family when they are at that age, and quite clearly they are not in a stable family. Their mother has a mental illness which she seems to refuse to sort out, and their father is an evil, vile, money grabbing b#####d who seems intent on ruining Britney!

Britney Spears is an OTT drama queen who knows she is reaching the end of her career, and celebrity gossip is about as exciting as watching paint dry. They are still human, and being famous shouldn\'t give them press coverage for things normal people do as well.

Britney Spears is an OTT drama queen who knows she is reaching the end of her career, and celebrity gossip is about as exciting as watching paint dry. They are still human, and being famous shouldn\'t give them press coverage for things normal people do as well.

No sh!t Sherlock.

Still really baffled by that back slash thing. Is it a code for some sort of sect?

Oh baby baby.

Whatever she's on is obviously quite toxic

All she wants is for people to know she's not a girl, not yet a woman. She is Lucky she is still alive, she needs to be much Stronger if she wants her kids back.

'im really sorry about her. i was really worried when i knew about the latest thing on her being taken to hospital because you can see she's definately not ok. also about the kids, because they dont seem to have an option who to stay with. their father is not much better, nor their grandma. it's just sad.

she needs some time out and also she needs better people around her, people that care. she's always out w wrong people, and the latest is that damn paparazzi, that u can easily notice is just using her to get his agency some shots. its sad and i guess now people really know it's not easy to be her.

Now I wonder where are all her friends she had when she was at the top...

Always the same, now when she is in trouble seems that nobody cares about her...

Now I wonder where are all her friends she had when she was at the top...

Always the same, now when she is in trouble seems that nobody cares about her...

Indeed, there is a song called 'nobody knows you when you're down and out', maye it should be her comeback single when/if she gets her life back on track.

No sh!t Sherlock.

Still really baffled by that back slash thing. Is it a code for some sort of sect?

lol I don\'t know what is causing it, I only get it on this website.

Mika and Erja is gettin divorced :oin Finnish

Long time no see Suomenpankki!

Those are sad news, I kinda liked the Mika/Erja couple.

By the way, I think that, when the article states:

Erohuhuja on kuultu vuosien varrella useita kertoja.

That is really low. We don't need to know that much about their personal life! :lol:

Long time no see Suomenpankki!

Those are sad news, I kinda liked the Mika/Erja couple.

By the way, I think that, when the article states:

That is really low. We don't need to know that much about their personal life! :lol:

As a typical Finn..dont wana talk to much :P sry for that :lol: but im here now and then, reading your uber fine posts.

Well our local newspaper said that Mika and Erja havent said nothing to the press yet but they will give a statement in the near future.

Their trouble have started after Mika ended his DTM career....

They had too much time on their hands iguess :mellow: