Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

2008 24 Hours Of Le Mans

Thought I'd get it up & running. I ownder if any ALMS cars will be featured in the race as I've watched a few races of it & what a fantastic motorsport season. An Audi R10 TDI P1 car from Audi Sport North America were the overall victors but were put under pressure by the Penske Porsche RS Spyder from the P2, or LMP2 class which is increadible seeing as it as a 3.4l V8 like the other class cars & like the others revs up to 10,000rpm battling it out with a bi-turbo 5.5l V12 TDI with 650bhp & 881lb-ft (1100Nm) of torque. Anywhay here's the list of automatic entries:

LMP1:

Audi Sport North America (R10 TDI): 1st in 24hr of Le Mans 2007 & 1st in Petit Le Mans 2007

Team Peugeot Total (908): 2nd in 24hr of Le Mans & 1st in LMS

Pescarolo Sport (Courage C60): 2nd in LMS

Autocon Motorsports (MG-Lola EX257/Creation CAO6/H): 2nd in ALMS

LMP2:

Binnie Motorsports (Lola B05/42): 1st in 24hr Le Mans 2007

Barazi-Epsilon (Zytek 07S/2): 2nd in 24hr of Le Mans 2007

Ray Mallock Ltd. (MG-Lola EX264): 1st in LMS

Quifel ASM Team (Lola B05/40): 2nd in LMS

Penske Racing (Porsche RS Spyder): 1st in Petit Le Mans & 1st in ALMS

GT1:

Aston Martin Racing (DBR9): 1st in 24hr of Le Mans 2007

Corvette Racing (C6.R): 2nd in 24hr of Le Mans 2007 & 1st in Petit Le Mans

Team Oreca Racing (Saleen S7-R): 1st in LMS

Doran Racing (Maserati MC12 GT1): 2nd in ALMS

Vitaphone Racing (Maserati MC12 GT1): 1st in FIA GT

Scuderia Playteam Sarafree (Maserati MC12 T1): 2nd in FIA GT

GT2:

IMSA Performance Matmut (Porsche 997 GT3-RSR): 1st in 24hr of Le Mans 2007

Risi Competizione (Ferrari F430 GT2): 2nd in 24hr of Le Mans

Virgo Motorsport (Ferrari F430 GT2): 1st in LMS

Team Felbermayr-Proton (Porsche 997 GT3-RSR): 2nd in LMS

Flying Lizard Motorsports (Porsche 997 GT3-RSR): 1st in Petit Le Mans

Risi Competizione (Ferrari F430 GT2): 1st in ALMS

Motorola AF Corse (Ferrari F430 GT2): 1st in FIA GT

BMS Scuderia Italia (Porsche 997 GT3-RSR): 2nd in FIA GT

The specs aro so biased in favour of diesel engine -thanks to a very long Audi lobby- that it will be a miracle if a Porsche wins! But if any porsche wins I will celebrate and laugh for a week!

The specs aro so biased in favour of diesel engine -thanks to a very long Audi lobby- that it will be a miracle if a Porsche wins! But if any porsche wins I will celebrate and laugh for a week!

The Audi diesel is innovative, the Porsche petrol is not.

Therefor under the principle "catch up to survive and innovate to win" Porsche should go back to the drawing board and create a diesel LMP1 prototype even more innovative then the Audi so as to win the the 24h of Le Mans.

Winning should be done NOT by lobbing for the banning or retardation of the opposition but by outguning/out-innovating them.

The Audi diesel is innovative, the Porsche petrol is not.

Therefor under the principle "catch up to survive and innovate to win" Porsche should go back to the drawing board and create a diesel LMP1 prototype even more innovative then the Audi so as to win the the 24h of Le Mans.

Winning should be done NOT by lobbing for the banning or retardation of the opposition but by outguning/out-innovating them.

I think your statement is another victory of the marketing dept! Audi is applying the same tech developed for road cars to its racer. What so innovative about diesel engine?

The whole thing is similar to turbo engine in F1: when Reno started with a 2:1 displacement radio had a clearly behind normal aspirated; as tech evolved (5 years later) it had a clearly advantage because the 2:1 displacement radio was not related to the current state of the art. The same thing is happening with today relationship between petrol engines and diesel engines: the displacement ratio is not showing current engine tech state of the art. So is not the case Porsche must go to drawing board. The case is the FIA must go and make new rules, unless they want a diesel only series.

Don

A Porsche diesel engine? Think they tried that in a Cayenne & don't know anything about it but all I can say about a Cayenne diesel or an LMP1 future Porsche diesel is :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Diesel...HERESY! Ahem, anyway, when watching ALMS (and the 24 hours) my attention is on the Aston Martins. I have even bought a mug from them which I poured lousy coffee into at work. Which, after two months, cracked down the inside and, alas, cannot be cheaply repaired.

I think your statement is another victory of the marketing dept! Audi is applying the same tech developed for road cars to its racer. What so innovative about diesel engine?

The whole thing is similar to turbo engine in F1: when Reno started with a 2:1 displacement radio had a clearly behind normal aspirated; as tech evolved (5 years later) it had a clearly advantage because the 2:1 displacement radio was not related to the current state of the art. The same thing is happening with today relationship between petrol engines and diesel engines: the displacement ratio is not showing current engine tech state of the art. So is not the case Porsche must go to drawing board. The case is the FIA must go and make new rules, unless they want a diesel only series.

Don

Diesel...HERESY! Ahem, anyway, when watching ALMS (and the 24 hours) my attention is on the Aston Martins. I have even bought a mug from them which I poured lousy coffee into at work. Which, after two months, cracked down the inside and, alas, cannot be cheaply repaired.

Drive something like a BMW 335d and we'll see if it's still heresy.