Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

I'm Buying A Bmx

I'm so bored I figured I'd start a thread about something. It may as well be about my plans to by a BMX next week. I'm pretty out of touch with what brands are decent these days, as its been over ten years since I thrashed around on one. Perhaps I'm hitting a sort of quarter life crisis or something. First I was going for a mongoose, but I 've since learnt that their mid priced range isn't that good in terms of the durability of their parts. So I've narrowed down my options to the Kink Launch or the Mirraco Fivestar Option. I'm pretty excited man, I cant wait to hit the streets with my new ride.

After much research and deliberation. One of these will be mine in a week-

The Kink Launch-

post-2216-1199932802_thumb.jpg

Pretty wicked huh?

Or the MirraCo Fivestar Option

fivestar_option_big.gif

Now thats sweeet!

Anyone else around here a BMX'er? Or used to be?

Are you still into it? I dont think I'll get in to ramps and tricks. Just cruising and bunny hopping off stuff :D

If you put a basket on the front will you take me for a fly?

I'm so bored I figured I'd start a thread about something. It may as well be about my plans to by a BMX next week. I'm pretty out of touch with what brands are decent these days, as its been over ten years since I thrashed around on one. Perhaps I'm hitting a sort of quarter life crisis or something. First I was going for a mongoose, but I 've since learnt that their mid priced range isn't that good in terms of the durability of their parts. So I've narrowed down my options to the Kink Launch or the Mirraco Fivestar Option. I'm pretty excited man, I cant wait to hit the streets with my new ride.

After much research and deliberation. One of these will be mine in a week-

The Kink Launch-

Pretty wicked huh?

Or the MirraCo Fivestar Option

Now thats sweeet!

Anyone else around here a BMX'er? Or used to be?

Those bikes do look pretty darn good if I don't say so myself, which I do. Can't say I know much about them, my only advice to you is to make sure you buy one with two wheels and a seat :)

Anyway glad I could help, now what was I doing...?

You should've auditioned for the movie, Steve. Spielberg would have saved a fortune on special effects.

Sure thing. I hope your basket has decent winglets. I might also need some tassels on hanging off the grips to pull that off. :lol:

Those bikes do look pretty darn good if I don't say so myself, which I do. Can't say I know much about them, my only advice to you is to make sure you buy one with two wheels and a seat :)

Anyway glad I could help, now what was I doing...?

Good thinking. I've read on some BMX sites that having two wheels is handy. But who needs a seat? Me and my bmx are gonna become one :lol:

Are you still into it? I dont think I'll get in to ramps and tricks. Just cruising and bunny hopping off stuff :D

It's been too long, way too long, we are talking decades here... bloody hell!!

I switched to motorcycles when I got too tall and heavy. No tricks for me anymore. Still, I remember those times with some nostalgia... it was quite cool to cruise through large cities at three in the morning, making the bike dance over the empty concrete and what not. Good times.

Hi Jez and everyone this is my first post on these boards...

I'm into BMX well i was a long time ago but just got back into riding last year i bought myself an Eastern BMX bike i will try to post some pics here of my bike soon!

You should've auditioned for the movie, Steve. Spielberg would have saved a fortune on special effects.

:onefinger::lol:

It's been too long, way too long, we are talking decades here... bloody hell!!

I switched to motorcycles when I got too tall and heavy. No tricks for me anymore. Still, I remember those times with some nostalgia... it was quite cool to cruise through large cities at three in the morning, making the bike dance over the empty concrete and what not. Good times.

Sweet. That's what I feel like doing Maure. Cruising around vibing out, an leaping off whatever I've guts to attempt ^_^

Hi Jez and everyone this is my first post on these boards...

I'm into BMX well i was a long time ago but just got back into riding last year i bought myself an Eastern BMX bike i will try to post some pics here of my bike soon!

G'day RB4. Nice to meet you, an welcome to the forums. Nice to meet a felow BMX enthusiast too, I've heard some good things about Eastern. Post some pics of your ride sooner than later! I hope Webber's your fav RB4 driver ;)

Good thinking. I've read on some BMX sites that having two wheels is handy. But who needs a seat? Me and my bmx are gonna become one :lol:

:lol:

Sure thing. I hope your basket has decent winglets. I might also need some tassels on hanging off the grips to pull that off. :lol:

that will hurt, I guarantee! :P

that will hurt, I guarantee! :P

do you know if from experience,Abbas? :P

The launch everyone's been waiting for! My 2008 contender, the FITbikeCo Pro Trail BMX!

It cost me a cool $579 Aussie bucks, and it's the most solid bike I've ever ridden. Not to mention it only weighs about twelve Kg. Sweet.

Check out my ride-

SL370299.jpg

Hey Rainmaster look, it's got two wheels, an one of those seat things you mentioned!

SL370290.jpg

Nice nutt-buster.

:thbup:

Nice bike,and nice hairdo!

Cheers Elgo. My hair's getting its colour back now that im doing such youthful activities

Nice nutt-buster.

:lol:

The launch everyone's been waiting for! My 2008 contender, the FITbikeCo Pro Trail BMX!

It cost me a cool $579 Aussie bucks, and it's the most solid bike I've ever ridden. Not to mention it only weighs about twelve Kg. Sweet.

Check out my ride-

$579 aussie bucks, 12kg, sweets & check out my ride would so get you banned in any other thread! :lol:

I love the inverse law of diminishing returns - I bet a 13kg bike was much cheaper!

$579 aussie bucks, 12kg, sweets & check out my ride would so get you banned in any other thread! :lol:

I love the inverse law of diminishing returns - I bet a 13kg bike was much cheaper!

Yeah man, it's a juicy piece of machinery :o . Stoddart would've been proud of how I managed them pennies for this light little beauty!