Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Dear Lord, Lewis Has Got To Go...

My apologies to anyone whose had enough of this guy or even talk of this guy, but I seriously could not contain myself after reading this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/7207034.stm

Lewis Hamilton has taken another swipe at former McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso ahead of the new Formula One season, which begins in March.

"He showed me just how not to behave as an F1 driver," said Hamilton.

"He was [the leader] at the beginning, wasn't he - but it changed. We should be a team. It should be equal,"

The intense rivalry between the pair provided a major talking point during to the 2007 Championship and eventually escalated into a war of words.

Prior to the Japanese Grand Prix last September, Hamilton said he did not think he and Alonso could continue together at McLaren beyond the end of the season.

The Spaniard retaliated by declaring: "I'd be delighted if I didn't carry on with Hamilton.

"If we are not together next season and I can go to a good car, then great."

Alonso, a double F1 champion, has now returned to Renault.

Hamilton will have a new partner in 2008, with Finland's Heikki Kovalainen joining McLaren, and has insisted he does not want or expect any preferential treatment from the team.

"I don't want any advantages, any head starts. We should be a team - it should be equal," the 22-year-old commented.

"I just like fairness, and I want Heikki Kovalainen to have the exact same opportunities. If he does and I beat him, there's the reward.

"Beat him on the same tyres, same engine then, knowing all that, you just know you're a better driver."

Hamilton just failed in his attempt to win the drivers' title in his memorable debut season, finishing a single point adrift of Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen in a thrilling finish in Brazil.

"Last year the only excuse was that I was a rookie and that it was all new.

"But this year I'll continue to learn. There'll always be mistakes but I don't feel there is any room for error," he said.

"I just strive for excellence, always. I don't say I have to be this, that I have to be that, by this time - but I want to be world champion this year.

"You have to be in the right place at the right time; everything has to go the right way and you have to be in the right frame of mind."

I don't think it's necessary to post links to LH previously stating that he felt he would be the team leader for 2008 at McLaren and that he was ready for the role as #1. That's probably not verbatim, but he did state such things late last year before Kovi was announced as his team mate.

Am I the only one who finds this guy an idiot? For the record I think Alonso is a whiney diva. But one thing he has done is keep his mouth shut. So why does LH feel it necessary to dredge up old stuff from the past.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to post on this. Honestly, I was livid to read this twerp stating he wants equal treatment, when he clearly stated he wanted and felt he'd be the #1 at McLaren. If there is equality, there is no #1 or #2. But LH has been adept at saying one thing, only to do a flip and so something completely contradictory. Politicians can keep it straight better than this guy.

Yup he's no good at keeping it straight. At least he's a decent driver though. All's not lost for him in F1 then...

My apologies to anyone whose had enough of this guy or even talk of this guy, but I seriously could not contain myself after reading this article.

Hard to conclude much from this to be honest as 1) it could be a bit of spin from McLaren (they would/should have briefed him before talking to the press) 2) could be a journalist making things up (have had personal experience of how they will twist things to make a juicy story) 3) Could be Lewis being a bit variable

If it is 3) then fair enough he's being a bit of a wally. However, to me seems more likely to be a combination of 1) and 2).

Am I the only one who finds this guy an idiot? For the record I think Alonso is a whiney diva. But one thing he has done is keep his mouth shut. So why does LH feel it necessary to dredge up old stuff from the past.

Isnt it blindingly obvious that Hamilton was clearly questioned on the matter, he didnt just bring it up cos he felt like it. And his comments are hardly 'a swipe at Alonso', the journo has exaggerated by describing it like that.

So don't be so harsh. Alonso's behaviour last season was terrible, and by the way I would actually like to see a link to a quote from Hamilton stating that he is the new number 1 please

Isnt it blindingly obvious that Hamilton was clearly questioned on the matter, he didnt just bring it up cos he felt like it. And his comments are hardly 'a swipe at Alonso', the journo has exaggerated by describing it like that.

So don't be so harsh. Alonso's behaviour last season was terrible, and by the way I would actually like to see a link to a quote from Hamilton stating that he is the new number 1 please

Hey I don't think Alonso was a peach either. But he's kept his mouth shut since leaving McLaren and gotten on with it. Whether Lewis was quizzed or not, he's certainly happy to keep harping on out it.

As far as a link goes, I'll see what I can find. Problem with alot of these F1 new sites is they archive stuff rather quickly and you need to be a paying member in order to see older articles. I did find this one though...

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/12/28/...o-lead-mclaren/

Hamilton ready to lead McLaren

28 December 2007

Lewis Hamilton says he is ready to step up and lead the McLaren team in 2008, now that he is the team's retained driver and his new team mate is Heikki Kovalainen.

"Politics-wise 2007 was a disaster but that is the business, there is nothing you can do about it," Hamilton told the BBC. "You won't see a season quite like it again but I hope next season is just as exciting without the politics."

"For me it's great, I'm almost seen as the leader of the team and hopefully I can do the job," he added.

Another article found here, but it's pretty much the same...

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,10635_3005402,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/7207034.stm

I don't think it's necessary to post links to LH previously stating that he felt he would be the team leader for 2008 at McLaren and that he was ready for the role as #1. That's probably not verbatim, but he did state such things late last year before Kovi was announced as his team mate.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to post on this. Honestly, I was livid to read this twerp stating he wants equal treatment, when he clearly stated he wanted and felt he'd be the #1 at McLaren. If there is equality, there is no #1 or #2. But LH has been adept at saying one thing, only to do a flip and so something completely contradictory. Politicians can keep it straight better than this guy.

It's the McLaren effect... and this is the kind of damage to Hamilton that I've been warning about for a long long time.

Hamilton does not have to openly thank Alonso for setting his car up and giving him a chance at the WC. Without Alonso's help, Hamilton would have struggled at least the first few races... enough for the front runners to take off.

But Hamilton has learned the RD lesson well... find a scapegoat to avoid taking responsibility for your own fckups.... which tells more about the tests in Valencia than the times did. After all, Hamilton might have been testing long stints while Kova concentrated on testing for qualifying. Hamilton's tantrum tells a different story...

Hard to conclude much from this to be honest as 1) it could be a bit of spin from McLaren (they would/should have briefed him before talking to the press) 2) could be a journalist making things up (have had personal experience of how they will twist things to make a juicy story) 3) Could be Lewis being a bit variable

If it is 3) then fair enough he's being a bit of a wally. However, to me seems more likely to be a combination of 1) and 2).

I agree. If it is 3 then he is being a bit of an idiot again.

Hey I don't think Alonso was a peach either. But he's kept his mouth shut since leaving McLaren and gotten on with it.

Most likely that this was not because he was being all grown up and mature but because his departure from McLaren was a legal matter and I would imagine McLaren's solicitors insisting upon non disclosure clauses.

So unfair really to make a comparison as he has almost certainly been gagged.

To be honest all of this is such a load of cr*p (pardon my French).

I'm not a Hamilton or McLaren fan, but its so obvious there's PR doctoring and speculation going on all over the place with Alonso and Hamilton.

Hey look, Alonso goes fastest in Renault (what a surprise)

Ooh and then Hamilton talks all about equality (shocker)

And a journalist thriving on a bitching story (that's never happened before!!!)

I think the more biased/gullible in this forum need to take wake-up call and realise that this is pure media manipulation, if you can't see the hands of the teams in this and over-eager journalists then you are in cloud-cuckoo land.

Please let's ignore all this tripe and avoid another lengthy Lewisterics/Ron is crap/Alonso sucks type thread.

Most likely that this was not because he was being all grown up and mature but because his departure from McLaren was a legal matter and I would imagine McLaren's solicitors insisting upon non disclosure clauses.

So unfair really to make a comparison as he has almost certainly been gagged.

Edit: deleted because Meanioni's post made more sense than mine.

To be honest all of this is such a load of cr*p (pardon my French).

I'm not a Hamilton or McLaren fan, but its so obvious there's PR doctoring and speculation going on all over the place with Alonso and Hamilton.

Hey look, Alonso goes fastest in Renault (what a surprise)

Ooh and then Hamilton talks all about equality (shocker)

And a journalist thriving on a bitching story (that's never happened before!!!)

I think the more biased/gullible in this forum need to take wake-up call and realise that this is pure media manipulation, if you can't see the hands of the teams in this and over-eager journalists then you are in cloud-cuckoo land.

Please let's ignore all this tripe and avoid another lengthy Lewisterics/Ron is crap/Alonso sucks type thread.

Hey, I said I agree with you, what more do you want? Blood? :lol:

Anyway, I think we need another thread on this because the old ones didn't get boring at all. Honest. :whistling:

this article made me very angry yesterday!especially the part about fernando! :furious::furious::furious: lewis acts like a complete idiot and simply boasts about what he achieved thanks to ron dennis.it's not that he managed to convince the team to treat him equally,he had this privilege from the very first moment...besides,fernando has never said anything bad about him,his complaints were basically about the team and ron dennis.at least fernando has more dignity than him!

this article made me very angry yesterday!especially the part about fernando! :furious::furious::furious: lewis acts like a complete idiot and simply boasts about what he achieved thanks to ron dennis.it's not that he managed to convince the team to treat him equally,he had this privilege from the very first moment...besides,fernando has never said anything bad about him,his complaints were basically about the team and ron dennis.at least fernando has more dignity than him!

If you are a Hamilton fan, his comments should really really concern you.

If you are not a Hamilton fan, his comments should leave you indifferent.

If you dislike Hamilton, his comments should please you and you should do what you can to encourage this kind of behaviour.

Disclaimer- been watching f1 since 2003 and have only read up on the technical data as it applies to the cars.. not so much the rules of the teams so I apologize if this is an idiotic idea/question (or if it has been asked before):

All this business about who is the "#1" driver is getting to be crazy