Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Dear Lord, Lewis Has Got To Go...

this article made me very angry yesterday!especially the part about fernando! :furious::furious::furious: lewis acts like a complete idiot and simply boasts about what he achieved thanks to ron dennis.it's not that he managed to convince the team to treat him equally,he had this privilege from the very first moment...besides,fernando has never said anything bad about him,his complaints were basically about the team and ron dennis.at least fernando has more dignity than him!

calm down woman!

:rolleyes:

thats from nels that apparently wants to get into the fight. but he blames ron for lewis' behaviour:

Only 9 weeks remaining untill we have something real to talk about.

Were you not here during the season ? :lol:

Disclaimer- been watching f1 since 2003 and have only read up on the technical data as it applies to the cars.. not so much the rules of the teams so I apologize if this is an idiotic idea/question (or if it has been asked before):

All this business about who is the "#1" driver is getting to be crazy

thats from nels that apparently wants to get into the fight. but he blames ron for lewis' behaviour:

If that quote is true, then another young driver is following the same footsteps as Lewis - naivety and inexperience on when to keep one's gob shut.

I'm suprised with alot of the responses in this thread. I mean, what do fans want these days? Everyone complains that drivers don't speak their minds freely enough when asked good questions, and that all we get is PR friendly, company controlled drivel.

"I don't want any advantages, any head starts. We should be a team - it should be equal," the 22-year-old commented.

"I just like fairness, and I want Heikki Kovalainen to have the exact same opportunities. If he does and I beat him, there's the reward.

Wow, Lewis, that was really uncalled for! In fact, all of your responses in this article were completely inappropriate! :rolleyes:

Regardless of how he contributed to setup, Alonso acted like a brat last season IMO. That's why he's has kept his mouth shut about it. Half of you seem to just want an excuse to put down a youngster who had an unbelievable debut into F1. Would you prefer Hami's answers went through the old Ronspeak filter before being published? What exactly has he said in the article that offends you guys?

Edit-tipsy typos

Exactly. It's ridiculous to say someone "has got to go" if they play mind games or sometimes contradict themselves. :lol:

"I don't want any advantages, any head starts. We should be a team - it should be equal," the 22-year-old commented.

"I just like fairness, and I want Heikki Kovalainen to have the exact same opportunities. If he does and I beat him, there's the reward.

Wow, Lewis, that was really uncalled for! In fact, all of your responses in this article were completely inappropriate! :rolleyes:

These quotes, taken literally, are spot on! The hysteria is symptomatic of deep seated hatred/jealousy of the boy God.

get over yourselves

B)

I'm suprised with alot of the responses in this thread. I mean, what do fans want these days? Everyone complains that drivers don't speak their minds freely enough when asked good questions, and that all we get is PR friendly, company controlled drivel.

Regardless of how he contributed to setup, Alonso acted like a brat last season IMO. That's why he's has kept his mouth shut about it. Half of you seem to just want an excuse to put down a youngster who had an unbelievable debut into F1. Would you prefer Hami's answers went through the old Ronspeak filter before being published? What exactly has he said in the article that offends you guys?

Edit-tipsy typos

Yep, something which is quite impossible to understand. Who knows, Nando and Alonso may become legends to have spoken their mind later. I remember before last season, people were accusing Kimi for not speaking his mind, and when he did say he was having a s##t, there were so many hate posts on him. Let Nando and Lewis speak what they want, it may be even mind games, one can even accuse them to have cheated or tried to cheat, but the driver who did anything to win was the most successful driver ever and I know, deep, deep deeeeeep inside, many of you miss him.

These quotes, taken literally, are spot on! The hysteria is symptomatic of deep seated hatred/jealousy of the boy God.

get over yourselves

B)

boy they wont, and I Hope they wont, so that I can just relax and enjoy some foolish rants.

this article made me very angry yesterday!especially the part about fernando! :furious::furious::furious: lewis acts like a complete idiot and simply boasts about what he achieved thanks to ron dennis.it's not that he managed to convince the team to treat him equally,he had this privilege from the very first moment...besides,fernando has never said anything bad about him,his complaints were basically about the team and ron dennis.at least fernando has more dignity than him!

Your opinion makes me sad. Sad because you're so wrong. Where is the evidence that Hamilton got preferential treatment? There is none, so dont say there is. When has Hamilton ever boasted? You should read Hamilton's book. It doesnt say anything bad about Alonso, but he talks about how he kept trying to build a relationship with him but Alonso just wasnt interested, he made no attempt whatsoever to fit into the team. He didnt even bother joining the rest of the team on their pre-season teambuilding fun trip thing.

Hamilton's comments are just the same as what a lot of F1 fans think. Its only because Lewis himself is saying it that you're all getting excited

I agree 100%

By the way everyone Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher were the kings of slagging off their rivals to the press, so do your ridiculous negative comments apply to them too? It seems that people want a sport where the drivers arent allowed to open their mouths. Either that or its just jealousy (more likely)

Nelson Piquet Sr. Now he was the man when it came to the art of slagging off. F1 is not a personality contest, after all.

"Watching him from the sidelines, and then studying our findings, we at McLaren Mercedes thought Heikki looked impressive in 2007

Nelson Piquet Sr. Now he was the man when it came to the art of slagging off. F1 is not a personality contest, after all.

Indeed, but with Mad Max doing his level best at killing the racing, I suppose it's forgivable that most young/new fans think of F1 as a personality contest....what else is there?

Alonso is not commenting because he has no media chasing him and asking the same dumb questions, because ALonso is yesterday's news. He has dropped so many notches in so many peoples eyes, it's not funny. Everyone knows that the Renault will again not be competitive enough for him to challenge for a championship, let alone some race wins, whether or not he brings his half second he carries up his bottom. If I was Alonso, I'd be VERY afraid of a certain second generation Brazillian driver sitting in the team briefing next to him.

Lewis is a fantastic race car driver - you just have to watch some of the GP2 races he had, and with a certain second generation Brazillian driver that Alonso will be crapping his boxers about.

To say that Alonso was the only person helping him set up the car last year is obviously coming from the mouth of people that do not understand F1. The TEAM has huge amounts of data for every single race track, and the good teams could put a trained goldfish on the front row of the grid if they had to. Alonso was in a new car he had hardly driven, so any input from him would have been severely watered down as to be negligent. They were fairly even going into it, and Lewis, whether you like it or not, is simply a better driver than Alonso.

Will he continue to break records? Of course. Will he beat Schumi? Well, with long term deals with McLaren he has every opportunity by being in a top team for so long. Time will tell if he is as good as Senna, or Prost, or Schumi....instead of bagging the guy, just be glad you are watching the rise of possibly the best driver of his generation.

Alonso could very easily not have had a drive this year, and frankly, who the hell would have cared?

And...among an endless list of worthless arguments, a single pearl shines under the sun...

He turned "being obnoxious" into an art. He was also a darn fine racer. They don't do them like that anymore.

And...among an endless list of worthless arguments, a single pearl shines under the sun...

He turned "being obnoxious" into an art. He was also a darn fine racer. They don't do them like that anymore.

Yeah and that's what bugs me about a lot of today's drivers - either be full on a full on git and slag off your rivals properly, or don't bother at all. I can't stand these half arsed attempts these days, especially when a lof of it smacks of being controversial for a bit of publicity.

Nah Lewis can stay, I've decided and that's the end of it. His comments are his comments, he's an idiot, or he's not, I don't really care cos' the boy can drive.

He can talk bollocks all day long, but the only talking that concerns me is what he does on track. I think the article is rubbish. I notice that the very same interview does not carry the same ridiculous and misleading headline in http://www.autosport.com/.

Absolutely. Saw a quote today that sums it up nicely:

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha...

p.s. I'm not a Buddhist, just liked the quote.

Alonso is not commenting because he has no media chasing him and asking the same dumb questions, because ALonso is yesterday's news. He has dropped so many notches in so many peoples eyes, it's not funny. Everyone knows that the Renault will again not be competitive enough for him to challenge for a championship, let alone some race wins, whether or not he brings his half second he carries up his bottom. If I was Alonso, I'd be VERY afraid of a certain second generation Brazillian driver sitting in the team briefing next to him.

Lewis is a fantastic race car driver - you just have to watch some of the GP2 races he had, and with a certain second generation Brazillian driver that Alonso will be crapping his boxers about.

To say that Alonso was the only person helping him set up the car last year is obviously coming from the mouth of people that do not understand F1. The TEAM has huge amounts of data for every single race track, and the good teams could put a trained goldfish on the front row of the grid if they had to. Alonso was in a new car he had hardly driven, so any input from him would have been severely watered down as to be negligent. They were fairly even going into it, and Lewis, whether you like it or not, is simply a better driver than Alonso.

Will he continue to break records? Of course. Will he beat Schumi? Well, with long term deals with McLaren he has every opportunity by being in a top team for so long. Time will tell if he is as good as Senna, or Prost, or Schumi....instead of bagging the guy, just be glad you are watching the rise of possibly the best driver of his generation.

Alonso could very easily not have had a drive this year, and frankly, who the hell would have cared?

:yes:

Dude i hate Alonso as much as any Ferrari fan, ask any Reno fan.... but to say that Alonso did not help to set up the team for 2007 is bulls##t...Every year the conditions for the race change and weather changes, no team can have all that data otherwise only old teams would win races, and a new team could never ever win...

And the trained goldfish thing is funny... You think any driver in the top team can win the WDC???

calm down woman!

:rolleyes:

If she were to have written that of Alonso instead of Hamilton, you would have said nothing... in fact, I remember quite a few posters trying to rationalize why they have a right to hate and bully Alonso. Where were you then?

Edit-tipsy typos

Good on you.

Your posting has set the issue straight and after you, most replies are exactly what's needed, namely, bashing Alonso while excusing and encouraging Hamilton's behaviour... which is exactly what Hamilton needs....

Isnt it blindingly obvious that Hamilton was clearly questioned on the matter, he didnt just bring it up cos he felt like it. And his comments are hardly 'a swipe at Alonso', the journo has exaggerated by describing it like that.

So don't be so harsh. Alonso's behaviour last season was terrible, and by the way I would actually like to see a link to a quote from Hamilton stating that he is the new number 1 please

I couldn't agree more. Especially on quiet days in F1, jounalists need stories and seem to make too much out of nothing. I really think Alonso knows the real context of the full text and couldn't care less.

Stew

Visit F1-ToGo!