Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Dear Lord, Lewis Has Got To Go...

Alonso is not commenting because he has no media chasing him and asking the same dumb questions, because ALonso is yesterday's news.

Alonso could very easily not have had a drive this year, and frankly, who the hell would have cared?

:laughing::laughing::roll::roll::lmavfa::lmavfa::lolroll::lolroll:

omg....you're SO funny.........

Good on you.

Your posting has set the issue straight and after you, most replies are exactly what's needed, namely, bashing Alonso while excusing and encouraging Hamilton's behaviour... which is exactly what Hamilton needs....

I wasn't bashing Alonso, rather I was bashing the posters bashing Hamilton. I can't see what's wrong with his behaviour in the article.

No no

What's going on, guys?

no no, nothing, just some stray dogs fighting over a rotting loaf of bread and some guys are shooing it off, you can sleep :P

IMO there are better things to discuss about in Formula 1.

Such comments do not contribute to the beauty of Formula 1..Sadly, there will be many more comments in the upcoming season so lets just get over it now..

I wasn't bashing Alonso, rather I was bashing the posters bashing Hamilton. I can't see what's wrong with his behaviour in the article.

I understand.

When you said "Alonso acted like a brat last season", you were not bashing Alonso....

.... but to say that "Hamilton is acting like a brat" _does_ constitute bashing....

My two cents is that this kind of logic harms Hamilton, not Alonso, as it has since Monaco last year. So far, it has achieved a 17 points loss leading to one of the biggest screw ups in the sport. I am not celebrating it nor helping along those that encourage the worst kind of behaviour in Hamilton.

The TEAM has huge amounts of data for every single race track, and the good teams could put a trained goldfish on the front row of the grid if they had to.

:lol: I tend to agree.

I understand.

When you said "Alonso acted like a brat last season", you were not bashing Alonso....

.... but to say that "Hamilton is acting like a brat" _does_ constitute bashing....

My two cents is that this kind of logic harms Hamilton, not Alonso, as it has since Monaco last year. So far, it has achieved a 17 points loss leading to one of the biggest screw ups in the sport. I am not celebrating it nor helping along those that encourage the worst kind of behaviour in Hamilton.

Yup, I think Alonso acted like a brat last season. Only a rookie could be forgiven for acting in the manner he did ^_^ . But regardless, I fully respect his skill and what he's achieved, and wouldn't want him to leave F1. So yes, I guess I am bashing Alonso, but consider it more of a light shoving :D

Alonso is not commenting because he has no media chasing him and asking the same dumb questions, because ALonso is yesterday's news.

I suspect he still interests the Spanish media. I think Alonso has gone quiet because (like everyone else) he wants to move on, and perhaps because Renault don't want the attention, either way he realises it's no good to carry on about Mclaren this, Mclaren that.

He has dropped so many notches in so many peoples eyes, it's not funny.

But any team apart from Mclaren would still hire him, because they know the events of 2007 are very rare in F1 (two great drivers in the same team). The teams don't hire on personality, they hire on driving class, when Alonso feels good with the team, he is a class act.

To say that Alonso was the only person helping him set up the car last year is obviously coming from the mouth of people that do not understand F1. The TEAM has huge amounts of data for every single race track, and the good teams could put a trained goldfish on the front row of the grid if they had to.

I would agree that Alonso's data didn't help Hamilton a great deal, especially in the second half of the season (since he probably wasn't allowed to use it). It seems to me that they both have quite different driving styles anyway. But you can't put any driver on the front row, some drivers are better than others and it does make a difference (especially in a tight Quali session where the pressure is on, and in a race, well...).

Will he continue to break records? Of course. Will he beat Schumi? Well, with long term deals with McLaren he has every opportunity by being in a top team for so long. Time will tell if he is as good as Senna, or Prost, or Schumi....instead of bagging the guy, just be glad you are watching the rise of possibly the best driver of his generation.

I think he will break most of the records, and I do think he will become the best of his generation.

Alonso could very easily not have had a drive this year, and frankly, who the hell would have cared?

His fans, spanish press and any genuine supporter of Formula One :P (he is an exceptional pilot after-all).

IMO there are better things to discuss about in Formula 1.

Much better things, and welcome :)

I find it hard to get that emotional about anyone in F1.

Its only bit of entertainment.

+1 agreed, some people need a bit of perspective on it really :)

Much better things, and welcome :)

Thankyou :)

Yup, I think Alonso acted like a brat last season. Only a rookie could be forgiven for acting in the manner he did ^_^ . But regardless, I fully respect his skill and what he's achieved, and wouldn't want him to leave F1. So yes, I guess I am bashing Alonso, but consider it more of a light shoving :D

:lol: Yeah, Maure is a sensitive soul.

Just for the record, Alonso used to be my number one driver until last season. And it wasn't because of some Ron Dennis / Lewis Hamilton plot against him that I no longer think of him as my number one. He acted like a prat - yes he is 2x WDC, but that does not give him the right to act as if he is the second coming. He is still one hell of a race car driver, but when you look at the facts, there were no teams clamouring to snatch him up into a race seat for 2008. Even the Renault deal would have been painful, and very obvious a driver swap by Briatore.

Here's to the new season, and some fantastic racing in store for us...the fans.

And yes....a goldfish once won a race....his name was Jenson Button :P:P :P :P :P :P :P :P:P

Joking......

....maybe

Just for the record, Alonso used to be my number one driver until last season. And it wasn't because of some Ron Dennis / Lewis Hamilton plot against him that I no longer think of him as my number one. He acted like a prat - yes he is 2x WDC, but that does not give him the right to act as if he is the second coming. He is still one hell of a race car driver, but when you look at the facts, there were no teams clamouring to snatch him up into a race seat for 2008. Even the Renault deal would have been painful, and very obvious a driver swap by Briatore.

Here's to the new season, and some fantastic racing in store for us...the fans.

And yes....a goldfish once won a race....his name was Jenson Button :P

Joking......

....maybe

:lol::lol:

It's the McLaren effect... and this is the kind of damage to Hamilton that I've been warning about for a long long time.

Hamilton does not have to openly thank Alonso for setting his car up and giving him a chance at the WC. Without Alonso's help, Hamilton would have struggled at least the first few races... enough for the front runners to take off.

But Hamilton has learned the RD lesson well... find a scapegoat to avoid taking responsibility for your own fckups.... which tells more about the tests in Valencia than the times did. After all, Hamilton might have been testing long stints while Kova concentrated on testing for qualifying. Hamilton's tantrum tells a different story...

Yeah the "success" is starting to slowly turn him into a big headed character and will start getting complacant. He hasnt won a WC so to me he doesnt deserve the amount of attention hes getting. Yes he had a very impressive first season, but the preperation he had and the car he had, if he failed to win a race that would of been suprising and a disaster. Plus the championship lead he had in Brazil, its amazing how he didnt win, and in China it may of been the teams fault but surely a driver who is actually driving the car would know how the tyres feel and if they need changing.

Im not trying to start a huge arguement about hammy and so on but his arrogance and just his mentality lately is starting to annoy me.

Thats why I want either Alonso and Kimi to win the 08 championship. I know Alonso whines alot but atleast he gets the job done and could win championships.

Yes he had a very impressive first season, but the preperation he had and the car he had, if he failed to win a race that would of been suprising and a disaster. Plus the championship lead he had in Brazil, its amazing how he didnt win,

Aren't you missing a very large valid point, which is that Hamilton had that big championship lead which you mention? And led the title race for almost the entire season?

Whats the preparation that he had, surely it was the same as everyone else's, except he had financial backing from McLaren? Its not like he'd had thousands of miles in an F1 car before his debut. We need to remember that it was his first ever season, and what he did was quite astonishing. He'll be even better next year, he would have learnt from the mistakes (especially the China tyre escapade) whilst Massa will be flying off the circuit left right & centre cos he cant handle an F1 car without TC!!

Aren't you missing a very large valid point, which is that Hamilton had that big championship lead which you mention? And led the title race for almost the entire season?

Whats the preparation that he had, surely it was the same as everyone else's, except he had financial backing from McLaren? Its not like he'd had thousands of miles in an F1 car before his debut. We need to remember that it was his first ever season, and what he did was quite astonishing. He'll be even better next year, he would have learnt from the mistakes (especially the China tyre escapade) whilst Massa will be flying off the circuit left right & centre cos he cant handle an F1 car without TC!!

Too true - he sometimes can't control one with TC...though he has come a long long way since his debut season.

And so what if Hamilton had McLaren backing from a young age - he raced cars, was good, and got sponsorship because of it. It's how the sport works. It could have been Ferrari, or Williams, or any of the teams...it just happened to be McLaren. And no one should lose sight of the fact that there has never been a pay-driver in a McLaren seat, which means you actually have to be able to drive and race cars to get a Macca seat, unlike others...

All this Lewis bashing is just spurred on by jealousy, incorrect media reporting, and idiot fans gulliable to believe it.

Too true - he sometimes can't control one with TC...though he has come a long long way since his debut season.

And so what if Hamilton had McLaren backing from a young age - he raced cars, was good, and got sponsorship because of it. It's how the sport works. It could have been Ferrari, or Williams, or any of the teams...it just happened to be McLaren. And no one should lose sight of the fact that there has never been a pay-driver in a McLaren seat, which means you actually have to be able to drive and race cars to get a Macca seat, unlike others...

All this Lewis bashing is just spurred on by jealousy, incorrect media reporting, and idiot fans gulliable to believe it.

Keep that in mind when talking about Nando, too ;)

(And welcome to the forums!)

When have I bashed Nando? Like I previously said he used to be my favorite driver...now I think much less of him because of his actions and the contempt he held for McLaren as a whole.

I have said he is yesterday's news meaning that he was the kid on the rise in 2005 and 2006, and now Hamilton is in that spot, as too will Kovi and Nico be this year. More journo's are interested in Hamilton because he is the fresh face. Believe you me the journo's will be onto Nando in a flash if PK Jnr matches or woe and behold beats him.

When have I bashed Nando?

I believe these were your words? :P

Just kidding, HandyNZL. You might notice that I am one of the persons who cares :lol:

My name is Andres, a Nando supporter and a Renault fan.

(Abbas might tell you that I am also Bernie's bitch...but he can't prove it!)

Oh... thats bashing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, just for the record then, Fred is now my 22nd favourite current F1 driver...... :P

He is welcome to try and climb back up the ladder, but first he has to regain my respect....so he better be out there kissing babies, shaking hands, and being a nice polite back marker and letting Lewis lap him :P:P

Either that or he can let me drive his F1 car......hehe