Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

For God's Sake Take Off That Helmet!

I'd say it looks like a vagina on fire. Not suitable for minors! :nono1:
You horny devil.
You know me too well... :P

Andres...

...you need a bun to bite, Benny Lava.

He changed to red when he went to Ferrari, most likely to fit in with the car and/or team....

actually schumacher changed his helmet in 2000 when barrichello joined ferrari because their helmets were too similar

actually schumacher changed his helmet in 2000 when barrichello joined ferrari because their helmets were too similar

And then Michael had Rubens' engine power changed when their lap times were too similar.

Now this thread is getting scary.... I am finding either:

1) I am fighting and losing the urge to make smutty comments about drivers' helmets and the above has pushed me over the edge..... I'm not going to apologise, I am a 7 year old boy inside :)

2) I am fighting and losing the urge to fall asleep - come on! A whole thread on helmets?? This is up there with a "comparison of wings" thread in terms of its somnorific effects - forget Nytol.....

No, I must not be unkind, it is important - Therefore I will shortly start threads on:

"Seatbelts of the rich and famous"

"Dental floss - which brand does YOUR favourite driver use?"

"Gearsticks, should we bring knobs back? Discuss!"

"The truth about front wing end-plates"

"A comparative analysis of driver inside leg measurements and their effect on left-foot braking in F1"

"Conspiracy theories surrounding the venturi effect of diffusers - Is Osama to blame?"

"The wit and dazzling humour of Max Mosley"

Actually, no scrub that last one as it will be too short :)

1) I am fighting and losing the urge to make smutty comments about drivers' helmets and the above has pushed me over the edge..... I'm not going to apologise, I am a 7 year old boy inside :)

2) I am fighting and losing the urge to fall asleep - come on! A whole thread on helmets?? This is up there with a "comparison of wings" thread in terms of its somnorific effects - forget Nytol.....

No, I must not be unkind, it is important - Therefore I will shortly start threads on:

"A comparative analysis of driver inside leg measurements and their effect on left-foot braking in F1"

"Conspiracy theories surrounding the venturi effect of diffusers - Is Osama to blame?"

Am I the only one who really wants to read those threads? :eusa_think:

In the interests of saving time, I'll give my thoughts on the following so you don't have to start new threads:

The rich and famous do not wear seatbelts. They're so loaded they barely know which pedal does what on the floor.

Mark Webber's style is my favorite. He didn't use any dental floss after puking into his own helmet last season. That's a real man.

Yes. Away with the floppy paddle-shifters. You can't get any more pure than a wood knob smeared black from use.

They do nothing. Absolutely nothing. They are only there to keep the one aerodynamacist who works on them employed.

JV was known to have very little travel on his throttle. Perhaps that leg was longer?

Osama used airplanes as weapons so he clearly uses aerodynamic forces to do his bidding. I say yes, Osama is to blame.

The man has fantastic humour! Who can look at his recent rulings in the FIA and the technical regulations he instituted and not laugh their head off?

I'd say it looks like a vagina on fire. Not suitable for minors! :nono1:

:lol: And next time you see a burning vagina (common thing for you I'm sure) you will say 'that reminds me of Kimi's helmet'

Here is a good pic of the helmet design Kimi will be using in 2008.

f2008testb2051pz8.jpg

I kinda like that, nout special though.

Kimi's does nothing for me at all.

Pour yourself a drink, put some romantic music on.

Rossi's helmet is just pure sex though.

Indeed!

And then Michael had Rubens' engine power changed when their lap times were too similar.

:lol:

Kimi's 08 helmet is badass. I personally disliked the 07, but the 08 is really cool.

91568.jpg

However, that is cool. I like the shiny trim, too.

The best helmet, though, was Jenson's 2007 testing helmet. It was all unpainted carbon fiber. Badass.

I think it is a wicked helmet!

Can't say I am overly fussed as to the colours of them, you can easily get to grips with who is who! But I think it would be fair to say dependent on manager, it is gonna be touch and go as to how much lee way the driver has to select his colours. Sponsors aren't gonna be happy if their Renault driver dons the colours of Ferarri ... for example!

x

I have a problem with Fernando's helmet. Give me a moment to drag my soapbox over here and stand on it...

Okay, I'm all set. Ahem.

A car's livery was traditionally based on the nationality of the teams or the engine/manufacturer they ran (often one and the same). Ah, would that it had stayed that way, but globalization and corporations have made this a quaint, though unworkable, tradition. Today's cars change livery each year and it's Accepted and Normal. The drivers' helmets are following this trend and it disturbs me.

A driver's helmet should be the livery and personal standard of the driver; a design to be kept throughout the driver's career regardless of team or sponsor. Easily identifiable in the mess of a sponsor-laden car. A bright yellow Senna. A silver and red Andretti. A red Schumacher. Alonso's helmet is as mutable as his ethics. One season he matched the Mild Seven blue (coincidentally matching Asturias), the next team it matched Vodofone Mercedes and now it matches the Renault ING. It should be a matter of pride to be identified with your helmet and a two-time world champion should, in my view, hold more to this tradition. Where he and other 'big hitters' lead, others will follow and one more tradition will be ground to dust.

Ahem. Well, that's all. I'll leave the soapbox here if anyone want to use it. Be careful though...falling off that soapbox is a tad embarrassing.

Yeah I agree with you...

Although to be honest Nandos new helmet looks more like his original one than the one he wore at Mclaren.

Actually even Schumacher changed his helmet... the red only became the majority colour when he was at Ferrari.

I personally really like the Kimsters current helmet design-

fake23rq6.jpg

But what is it with the whole bar code thing he has going on? Is this so Ferrari can "scan" him every time he goes past the start/finish at 190mph? If so I'm pretty sure Tesco would be looking to buy the technology.

Ahh! It's funny 'cos it's true!! :clap3:

Hmmm, I could go for a thread on the whole gearstick thing instead of helmets actually. Y'know bring on the "It takes reall skill to..." arguments and all that because, well, erm....... it actually does take real skill to sit in a cramped c#ckpit and change gear with a hand stick shift 'cos you could have a tendency to "snatch" at the wheel (see what I did there - knob, c#ckpit, snatch, helmet etc?) and, therefore, spin yourself out. You could also "miss" a gear and lose a place because of it giving us, the viewing public, the excitement of watching the catchup/overtake process all over again. How many times have you seen Mansell, Senna et al miss a gear and lose a place to.................. I think I'll just stop there. It's all starting to sound just a bit too serious!

I personally really like the Kimsters current helmet design-

fake23rq6.jpg

But what is it with the whole bar code thing he has going on? Is this so Ferrari can "scan" him every time he goes past the start/finish at 190mph? If so I'm pretty sure Tesco would be looking to buy the technology.

Ahh! It's funny 'cos it's true!! :clap3:

Hmmm, I could go for a thread on the whole gearstick thing instead of helmets actually. Y'know bring on the "It takes reall skill to..." arguments and all that because, well, erm....... it actually does take real skill to sit in a cramped c#ckpit and change gear with a hand stick shift 'cos you could have a tendency to "snatch" at the wheel (see what I did there - knob, c#ckpit, snatch, helmet etc?) and, therefore, spin yourself out. You could also "miss" a gear and lose a place because of it giving us, the viewing public, the excitement of watching the catchup/overtake process all over again. How many times have you seen Mansell, Senna et al miss a gear and lose a place to.................. I think I'll just stop there. It's all starting to sound just a bit too serious!

You're not gonna be able to shift while the car's putting 4 to 6Gs (especially on a bumpy track), witch is the whole purpose Ferrari camed with the paddle shifters. It's not about skill in those moments, it's about sheer dumb luck to switch gear and then also not to miss modifing the brake bias and/or differential, witch is why now ALL (gear paddles, clutch paddles, diff. switches and brake switches) are on the steering.

And second it's a safety thing too, no more broken engines (= 1/2/3 gu(s) behind slip(s) on the oil and is/are transported to the hospital with the helicopter due to broken legs if he's lucky), no more linkages to trap the drivers inside or worse rip their guts/belies in case of a big one.

Besides it's also within the spirt of Grand Prix racing = progress and let the car make the difference.

It wasn't any different in the old days when the driver that pushed the car and made it faster than it was intended sufferd from failures and even had serious injuries in those unreliable and unsafe cars. That why Moss was never won a WDC (and he deserved 3 or 4 championships) and guys Hill, Hunt and worst of all Hawthorne did win.

And when that wasn't the case there was the masscarade/B* like the 1988 season when Prost was the one consistent/less-error-prone and clearly won 105 to 94 points. But the rule was best of 11 and Senna was allowed to drop his mistakes at Monaco and Monza and even more he was crowned World Champion.

Hunt won (races) because he was fast. Particularly in qualifying. Other than that, I see what you mean, and agree by and large.

Edit: what about Hawthorne? You got something against him?

Hunt won (races) because he was fast. Particularly in qualifying. Other than that, I see what you mean, and agree by and large.

Edit: what about Hawthorne? You got something against him?

Yes in the days were someone could party like a mad man, drink, smoke pot (and it got worse than that), be a womanizer, had technical knowledge best described in his own words "I don't know, I just drive the damn thing" as still be world champion.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at. Is it that the people you mentioned were not worthy, or good enough to be WDC? Or that they won by not pushing enough? Or that there were better drivers? That has always been so, and will continue to be so. It seems to conflict with your views on how (un)important driver skills are.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at. Is it that the people you mentioned were not worthy, or good enough to be WDC? Or that they won by not pushing enough? Or that there were better drivers? That has always been so, and will continue to be so. It seems to conflict with your views on how (un)important driver skills are.

My point was that some guys in this forum seem to sugest that today's F1 drivers aren't worthy because they don't shift gears the old fashion way but the old womanizers, alcoholics, party-guys, techno-ignorant, slackers, pot smokers were worthy because they put their hands on a stick.

My point was that some guys in this forum seem to sugest that today's F1 drivers aren't worthy because they don't shift gears the old fashion way but the old womanizers, alcoholics, party-guys, techno-ignorant, slackers, pot smokers were worthy because they put their hands on a stick.

If i could get p!ssed, shag women, skin-up, not know the difference between a packer and a lay shaft and still win a world championsip whilst getting blisters form shoving a stick i do believe i would be a mighty man indeed.

Anyone got a medallion and chest wig set for sale?

I think this is the Marlboro logo ( with an upgrade ) because the can't run the tobacco livery.... same as on the rear wing........

Hmmm, I could go for a thread on the whole gearstick thing instead of helmets actually. Y'know bring on the "It takes reall skill to..." arguments and all that because, well, erm....... it actually does .................. I think I'll just stop there. It's all starting to sound just a bit too serious!

Er, I think the last line of my quote tells you all about it :P

I think this is the Marlboro logo ( with an upgrade ) because the can't run the tobacco livery.... same as on the rear wing........

Again, not being too serious about it ;)

It's an Andy Warhol design (the barcode) - Kimi is bringing some culture to the grid, don't you know....

....sheesh...and you lot say you knows aboot Fumuler Wun?

:P

It's an Andy Warhol design (the barcode) - Kimi is bringing some culture to the grid, don't you know....

....sheesh...and you lot say you knows aboot Fumuler Wun?

:P

You mean it's not used for identifying when he needs a personality upgrade :eusa_think: