Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Lewis Suffers In Spain.

Spanish fans behave badly at Barcelona test

Feb.3 (GMM) Spanish formula one supporters at the Barcelona test this weekend hurled rubbish and insults at McLaren, and racial abuse at 2007 championship runner-up Lewis Hamilton.

Extra security guards were called to the Circuit de Catalunya venue and temporary barriers erected, abusive banners were removed from grandstands, and circuit officials called for calm, following a series of events as eight of the sport's eleven teams prepared for the 2008 season in Spain.

Hamilton, 23, who last year shared a difficult relationship with former teammate Fernando Alonso, was called a 'puto negro' (****ing black) and 'negro de mierda' (black s##t) by large sections of the approximately 20,000-strong crowd on Sunday, according to the Spanish sports daily Marca.

"It is not right the way he is being treated," the news agency Reuters quotes McLaren test team manager Indy Lall as saying.

A spokeswoman for the Mercedes-powered team said: "McLaren has raced and tested on Spanish circuits for many years and everyone connected with the team regards Spain and the Spanish people with great affection, Lewis included."

post-1048-1202055146_thumb.jpg

post-1048-1202055176_thumb.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

They are Inhuman.Period.

How sick do they have to be to do this.................even if they think it's just for fun. <_<

just spoke about it on the 'lewis has to go' thread. it's getting sick.

See what Bernie should be doing is ditching the Spanish GP in favour of the Aussie GP, because those of us that live downunder wouldn't stoop to this as we appreciate talent and talented people, regardless of background.

All these people are doing is giving others more reason to not respect Alonso, because like it or not, their behaviour reflects on him.

He should be making a statement saying how embarrassed he is / how wrong they are or something. But I doubt he will, as he isn't that way inclined (or prove me wrong).

Here's your chance Nando - put this to bed, or be seen to be encouraging it.

It's the same with many things in the world. A minority of idiots giving the perception of a majority view. There will be many Spaniards who will be sickened by these stupid little people.

See what Bernie should be doing is ditching the Spanish GP in favour of the Aussie GP, because those of us that live downunder wouldn't stoop to this as we appreciate talent and talented people, regardless of background.

All these people are doing is giving others more reason to not respect Alonso, because like it or not, their behaviour reflects on him.

He should be making a statement saying how embarrassed he is / how wrong they are or something. But I doubt he will, as he isn't that way inclined (or prove me wrong).

Here's your chance Nando - put this to bed, or be seen to be encouraging it.

It makes sense. Take the GP to NZ where they will behave the same but will be justified in doing so....

It's the same with many things in the world. A minority of idiots giving the perception of a majority view. There will be many Spaniards who will be sickened by these stupid little people.

As you will have noticed, the bigots _in_this_forum_ cannot appreciate what for you and me is brutally evident.

I find it strange how the FIA only NOW want to ban racial abuse from the grandstands, surely racial abuse isn't just about skin colour, but also ethnicity etc... http://totalf1.com/fullstory/view/243768/F...repeats_itself/

Surely the FIA should have done more about it in the past! Given the vast amount of drivers from all over the world?

Stupid people..... You'd think they'd just want to go and enjoy testing!

Maybe Bernie and Max (me ol' chums, lol) will over-react and ban the crowd next time!

It makes sense. Take the GP to NZ where they will behave the same but will be justified in doing so....

As you will have noticed, the bigots _in_this_forum_ cannot appreciate what for you and me is brutally evident.

:lol: You can be so dramatic sometimes Maure! I reckon most of us here would agree with Dribblers statement.

Nah....we're only too happy NOT to have Bernie on our shores :) And I've never been to a sporting event in NZ where there were racial undertones to the level these nitwits are at. We were the nation protesting against the Springbok rugby tours in the 80's BECAUSE OF apartheid in South Africa.

The only derogitary remarks you see at sporting events are usually directed at Aussies by Kiwi's or vice-versa, and all in good fun too...always fun to pick on your not so furtunate neighbouring country... :P:P We are two countries' that can call each other total b#####ds and smile about it :)

Yeah exactly those comments are fine but there are still racial/ethnic tensions in NZ right? Between the Maori and europeans?

No...I wouldn't say so. If there is anything it's usually because the Maori's pull out the race card..."you're picking on me because I'm a Maori" sort of thing.

Certainly nothing like racism in the States (with African-Americans) or UK (with "Asians")

There are idiots everywhere. Having said that, the authorities in Spain have to stamp on this fast! they should take those guilty and give exemplary punishment.

Racism is a big problem in Spain. Its far too deep rooted. Just watch some football matches involving Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia etc. and you'll hear various forms of racial abuse. Sickening really.

Nothings ever done. There will be all sorts of threats thrown around for a week and then everything will be forgotten.

Absolute cowards.

They cover their faces with black Paint or tar of black sika flex to hide their REAL faces and then they write abusive language in Spanish, So Lewis cant understand what they have just written about him, also they pick the day to attack when Pedro De La Rosa wasn't there to translate for Lewis!

But at the End of the day Lewis wasn't the Fastest, I'm saving that for later- But he still beat Alonso in the Final times!

So whose the Real winner.

Exactly Mark Webber!!!!!!!

Mark Webber FASTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be the tone for the rest of the season.

Maure are you proud of the Spanish fans in this Picture?

Are you the Black one in the photo Maure?

Aye indeed, Sir.

I am presuming these people were kicked out once spotted.

Yep. The right kind of emphasis is quite amusing (to me).

You bring good value to this place I must say! :lol:

Absolute cowards.

They cover their faces with black Paint or tar of black sika flex to hide their REAL faces and then they write abusive language in Spanish, So Lewis cant understand what they have just written about him, also they pick the day to attack when Pedro De La Rosa wasn't there to translate for Lewis!

But at the End of the day Lewis wasn't the Fastest, I'm saving that for later- But he still beat Alonso in the Final times!

So whose the Real winner.

Exactly Mark Webber!!!!!!!

Mark Webber FASTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be the tone for the rest of the season.

Maure are you proud of the Spanish fans in this Picture?

Are you the Black one in the photo Maure?

I think Maure already implied that he thought little of their behaviour Bro :huh:

I'll stay out of it. Go the Webbs!

Unfortunately it is quite a big problem in Spain compared to other countries perhaps due to immigration, but it's about time it was really clapped down in - and in all sports and countries.

I can't remember who said that a lot of people don't like Hamilton due to being racist - James Allen? I think this incident proves it is just a few individuals who are incredibly ignorant, I'm surprised it didn't end in a fight to be perfectly honest. I seriously hope this isn't followed up by an provocative comment from Hamilton or anyone else saying that most people don't like him because they are racist.

I find it problematic that the media played the race card when he entered F1, as if to be highlighting a difference that shouldn't be (even if it is in a positive way) and now wonder why it is done in a negative way. One way of helping to fight racism is to never keep reminding people that there is any difference in the first place.

Unfortunately it is quite a big problem in Spain compared to other countries perhaps due to immigration, but it's about time it was really clapped down in - and in all sports and countries.

I can't remember who said that a lot of people don't like Hamilton due to being racist - James Allen? I think this incident proves it is just a few individuals who are incredibly ignorant, I'm surprised it didn't end in a fight to be perfectly honest. I seriously hope this isn't followed up by an provocative comment from Hamilton or anyone else saying that most people don't like him because they are racist.

I find it problematic that the media played the race card when he entered F1, as if to be highlighting a difference that shouldn't be (even if it is in a positive way) and now wonder why it is done in a negative way. One way of helping to fight racism is to never keep reminding people that there is any difference in the first place.

Hey up lass, long time no see.

Yep.

There are idiots everywhere. Having said that, the authorities in Spain have to stamp on this fast! they should take those guilty and give exemplary punishment.

Exactly.

Racism is a big problem in Spain. Its far too deep rooted. Just watch some football matches involving Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia etc. and you'll hear various forms of racial abuse. Sickening really.

Nothings ever done. There will be all sorts of threats thrown around for a week and then everything will be forgotten.

Yup. You are both correct, and welcome back Kay!

ah, such a lovely post from our beautiful (damn, who's that disney lady with the rosy cheeks, I forgot)...

The sad part Kay, is that alot of white people in SA still teach their kids the difference, thats why it's so hard to get rid of it... i guess it'll take another generation to die out

ah, such a lovely post from our beautiful (damn, who's that disney lady with the rosy cheeks, I forgot)...

The sad part Kay, is that alot of white people in SA still teach their kids the difference, thats why it's so hard to get rid of it... i guess it'll take another generation to die out

Minnie Mouse?

That is sad.

Agree.