Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Some Test Video

Was Fernando in the plane? I'm sure i saw the bomb flaps open, was Lewis below?

Ah cheers very much for this vid! Thought I might as well post some info about drivers adaptions thus far.

Mark Hughes observations from watching drivers attempt the final hairpin at Jerez.

On Massa and Kimi: 'Felipe Massa was struggling to make the braking and turn-in one smooth operation, in stark contrast to Kimi Raikkonen.Massa, looking like he was trying to drive the car as if it still had all its tricks, would lock up and run wide more often than not, regularly missing the apex. It was the unloaded rear wheel that was giving him the problems, the tyre locking and jinking him off line. By contrast, Raikkonen would roll the car into the corner, keeping the momentum up and making hardly any inputs.'

On Alonso: 'the car would get out of the corner well enough, but was still losing traction as it came 'on cam' before the exit was over. Alonso was trying to anticipate this with his throttle foot.'

On Hamilton: ' Lewis Hamilton was maintaining similar entry speed to Raikkonen, and managing to keep it on line most of the time, but it looked a little more nervous, a little less repeatable.'

On Webber: ' Webber himself looked exceptional at the hairpin...Webber was turning in earlier but maintaining a very high entry speed, getting a shallow oversteer slide going even before he reached the turn-in point proper. It looked more rally than racing, but impressively it was the same each lap, and he nailed that apex pretty much every time.'

Ah cheers very much for this vid! Thought I might as well post some info about drivers adaptions thus far.

Mark Hughes observations from watching drivers attempt the final hairpin at Jerez.

On Massa and Kimi: 'Felipe Massa was struggling to make the braking and turn-in one smooth operation, in stark contrast to Kimi Raikkonen.Massa, looking like he was trying to drive the car as if it still had all its tricks, would lock up and run wide more often than not, regularly missing the apex. It was the unloaded rear wheel that was giving him the problems, the tyre locking and jinking him off line. By contrast, Raikkonen would roll the car into the corner, keeping the momentum up and making hardly any inputs.'

On Alonso: 'the car would get out of the corner well enough, but was still losing traction as it came 'on cam' before the exit was over. Alonso was trying to anticipate this with his throttle foot.'

On Hamilton: ' Lewis Hamilton was maintaining similar entry speed to Raikkonen, and managing to keep it on line most of the time, but it looked a little more nervous, a little less repeatable.'

On Webber: ' Webber himself looked exceptional at the hairpin...Webber was turning in earlier but maintaining a very high entry speed, getting a shallow oversteer slide going even before he reached the turn-in point proper. It looked more rally than racing, but impressively it was the same each lap, and he nailed that apex pretty much every time.'

Oh I wouldn't listen to anything he has to say - great footballer, but absolutely dire on F1.