Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Marques goes missing!

Rumours of Tarso's disappearance are spreading fast, but Minardi expects him at Hockenheim  

Website reports have suggested that Tarso Marques has gone AWOL, but a Minardi spokesperson today said that the Brazilian was expected to drive in the German Grand Prix.

Some sources have claimed that the team is looking at alternatives, should Marques fail to appear in Germany. Minardi spokesperson Graham Jones, however, dismissed the rumours as idle speculation. He did not, however, confirm that Minardi knows Marques's current whereabouts.

"As far as we're concerned our driver line-up for the German Grand Prix is unchanged and as normal," Jones told F1i.com. "We don't keep tabs on our drivers between races and maybe he has taken himself on a private holiday. I am sure Paul [stoddart, team boss] or Gian Carlo [Minardi] have a fair idea of where he is."

Marques's seat in the team is thought to be in serious jeopardy and Alex Yoong, the Malaysian hotly tipped to take his place, has already applied for a Superlicence.

oops, didnt see this.  Just made comments about it on another topic. :)

By all accounts he has locked himself away in his flat, and is refusing to talk to anyone.

Alez Yoong doesnt yet have enough F1 testing miles under his belt to be granted a superlicense.  The team are expecting him to be able to drive by Spa, by that time he will have accumulated enough mileage.

Mind you, I read this on F1i too, they are a good site but I dont know where they get there stories from.  Most of them turn out to be untrue anyway :)

Well you know what they say.

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

The sooner Alex Y gets started the better.

I've seen him race & he looks like he can adapt to the F1 life easier than, say, JPM. Nevertheless.

Go Ralfie 2002