Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JayStorm

James Allen Of Itv Commentary

I really hope that he does not.

I know that it is his job and hence his aim is to promote the British drivers but I do think that it got a little silly last time when he'd spend 90 minutes asking Martin what he thought would happen to Hamilton after a routine pitstop and just generally being up the rookie's arse.

The rest of the ITV team were on the whole better and Martin was very proffessional. I just hated so much bias and it got to the point where I was considering watching with the sound down and wishing for alternate coverage.

I like the ITV team a lot as they do a grand job with everything else but if I have another year of that man going on about how terrible Alonso is for not being 2 seconds quicker than Hamilton then I won't do anything but I won't be happy.

It's not even like JA is remotely interesting, he doesn't even do 'excited' well. Bring back Murray or replace JA with Ted.

I can only hope that since Hamilton is no longer a rookie, there will be less reason to mention him or that Hamilton makes thousands of mistakes and then they will all look rather silly.

(just like last time when they had clearly set up a montage of hamilton's first year for the clip after the final race and instead KR won it, they had about 5 seconds worth of footage of him as they had completely written him off)

---

Rant over, maybe i'm being a bit harsh. what are your thoughts?

maybe i'm being a bit harsh. what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are maybe you are being a bit harsh.

No one likes bias in any drivers direction, it's subjective and it frustrates the fans who want unbiased and equal coverage on all the drivers. The point is that ITV and any other channel have to appeal to the occasional fan; the fan who tunes in because he has heard about some bloke called Lewis and wants to see what all the fuss is about. This type of coverage attracts more viewers. Imagine an uninformed viewer switching over and finding that the coverage is not in line with they hype. That's the first point.

Secondly, in my opnion, there is enough other coverage on other drivers and teams and other features (such as Martins brilliant unbiased grid walk and his technical focuses) to outweigh the fuss surrounding Lewis.

Thirdly, i think that Michael created almost as much fuss when he was dominating. The point is that the coverage will always lean toward the man of the moment. I know Lewis was not all conquering last year but putting his rookie achievement into context means that a lot of attention was justified.

Some may not like the fact that Lewis was judged favourably against Fernando Alonso. Indeed, on occasions, Fernando out performed Lewis. But without stating the obvious, i think many expected the double world champion to shadow Lewis and because he didn't i don't think it unreasnoble to ask the question; "Lewis, really special? Or Fernando, not that special afterall?" That was a hot topic all year long and i don't believe it has been answered yet. Not with all the variables and differences in attitude etc. In fact, without going off on a tangent we may see a reinvigorated Fernando this year that could completely spook Lewis. I doubt it, but i wouldn't rule it out either. Fernando is a driver that needs his mind absolutely right (a bit like Trulli or Frentzen). If he fits right back in at Renault, it could be what he needs to come back really strong.

Back on topic, I think you need to accept that a British driver, especially one so talented is going to create a lot of fuss and that the British coverage is going to be representative of that. I don't understand the people that get so incenced about it, it's all about the racing anyway.

Edited for the usual sloppy typos

James Allen Of Itv Commentary........is a nitwit.

Oh sorry - I thought we were completing the sentence.

I'll go back and read the post, aye?

But.......

AllenCampaign05.gif

Is James not saying "PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY CRAP HAIR!"?

all commentators are biased to their fav pilot, so nothing new there. Having said that, James Allen has crawled so deep into hamilton arse he can now effectively function as Hammy

all commentators are biased to their fav pilot, so nothing new there. Having said that, James Allen has crawled so deep into hamilton arse he can now effectively function as Hammy

But.......

AllenCampaign05.gif

:lol:

I think he's OK, he knows a hell of a lot about F1 but doesn't communicate that brilliantly. Anyway when the racing starts I don't really care what they say...in short I agree with the dribbler.

it never really bothered me until the last race in brazil when kimi was about to win the race and the championship and you could hear the disappointment in James Allen's voice, and he even questioned whether kimi deserved to win (clearly implying that hamilton deserved it). I got p**sed off at that moment, because here we were about to have a driver win the championship for his first time and James could show no excitement or anything which you would expect from a commentator

James Allen and Peter Windsor are the two most idiotic and biased people in the F1 commentary world. The two of them combined would probably spin Hamilton crashing into his own refueling rig as an attempt to bypass the hose and just top the car off via osmosis and praise him for his technically astute mind

ITV force all of them to crawl up Hamiltons arse, James just happens to do it twice as much as Martin. Martin is slowly getting worse to... I think th Hamilton crap and James Allen are slowly taking him over to the darkside.

Try the US coverage. None of them have ever shown bias in the 20 races I've watched. Ever.

The US commentators are the only good thing about 95% of the races. However, other than them, the NESN commentators for the Sox and the Bruins, and CBS NFL coverage, I hate all sports' commentary.

I wouldn't say they have no bias but they are certainly much much better... and they have slowly improved their game by bringing in guests that actually know about racing and F1.

I was forced to give up on ITV a couple years back. Couldn't take it anymore. By chance, I started to watch a race on ITV last season and I could only feel pity, PITY for a channel that I liked for a long time. No wonder Hamilton has ended up so screwed up.

Anyway, when I can, I watch via US. Otherwise, I play an online Chinese channel, mute it (don't speak the lingo myself), and watch the race listening to jazz... anything before ITV, it saddens me to say.

I wouldn't say they have no bias but they are certainly much much better... and they have slowly improved their game by bringing in guests that actually know about racing and F1.

I was forced to give up on ITV a couple years back. Couldn't take it anymore. By chance, I started to watch a race on ITV last season and I could only feel pity, PITY for a channel that I liked for a long time. No wonder Hamilton has ended up so screwed up.

Anyway, when I can, I watch via US. Otherwise, I play an online Chinese channel, mute it (don't speak the lingo myself), and watch the race listening to jazz... anything before ITV, it saddens me to say.

Even i use the Chinese feed sometimes, but i like the engine sounds so i keep the volume up...

What the hell do you mean by that comment? How is he "screwed up". Do you personally know him? Are you such good mates that you knew him pre-F1 days and now see that he is "screwed up" and thus very worried about him? Do you think he has a TV screen on his steering wheel so he can watch the race and listen to James and Martin, as he races?

FFS mate.

Grow at least half a brain....

I can't believe that so many of you are saying such nice things about James Allen....

He makes frequent errors, gets ridiculously over excited and won't shut up. If it weren't for Martin Brundle I could not watch F1 on ITV.

I would love to see Ben Edwards partnered with Martin Brundle - he is infinitely more professional, knowledgeable and does not love the sound of his own voice.

Even i use the Chinese feed sometimes, but i like the engine sounds so i keep the volume up...

True, that ain't lost in translation.

What the hell do you mean by that comment? How is he "screwed up". Do you personally know him? Are you such good mates that you knew him pre-F1 days and now see that he is "screwed up" and thus very worried about him? Do you think he has a TV screen on his steering wheel so he can watch the race and listen to James and Martin, as he races?

FFS mate.

Grow at least half a brain....

Down boy, down. Take a deep breath. There you go. Now, do you think Alonso was the only one that run to his country's press to whine and moan when things didn't turn out his way? Considering that Alonso has 2 WC's and that Hamilton is still no more than a media event made to believe he is actually someone, yep, I call that being screwed up as well as being screwed with.

What can I say, I am truly unhappy about the way Hamilton is being reared by his handlers. To add insult to injury, lewisteric media are dumping unheard of preasure on a guy that has just but popped up on F1. Not quite done yet, FIA did all but crane the boy all the way to Brazil. As a guy that once supported Hamilton (and that since Monaco has growing more and more concerned for the child), I strongly believe Hamilton can race his own races (even win them) without the unusual and gratuitous "support" he seems unable to shed.

But, hey, you can celebrate Hamilton's behavior and situation with cheers and click your heels until the cows come home. You won't be alone. There is no sortage of those around here that drool in wonder whenever Hamilton farts and wail in pain whenever Hamilton cries a boo-boo.

Yeah one of our commentators is pretty much the same,you can imagine...but he did praise Kimi a lot and how he had fought so hard and was a deserving winner,and they prepared a video about Kimi on the last race,etc.

True, that ain't lost in translation.

Down boy, down. Take a deep breath. There you go. Now, do you think Alonso was the only one that run to his country's press to whine and moan when things didn't turn out his way? Considering that Alonso has 2 WC's and that Hamilton is still no more than a media event made to believe he is actually someone, yep, I call that being screwed up as well as being screwed with.

What can I say, I am truly unhappy about the way Hamilton is being reared by his handlers. To add insult to injury, lewisteric media are dumping unheard of preasure on a guy that has just but popped up on F1. Not quite done yet, FIA did all but crane the boy all the way to Brazil. As a guy that once supported Hamilton (and that since Monaco has growing more and more concerned for the child), I strongly believe Hamilton can race his own races (even win them) without the unusual and gratuitous "support" he seems unable to shed.

But, hey, you can celebrate Hamilton's behavior and situation with cheers and click your heels until the cows come home. You won't be alone. There is no sortage of those around here that drool in wonder whenever Hamilton farts and wail in pain whenever Hamilton cries a boo-boo.

Why are you turning this thread into a a discussion about Lewis? There are a few lines in your post that are there purely with the intention of provoking a response. I'm highlighting them now before we go any further.

"Hamilton is still no more than a media event made to believe he is actually someone." His results have been great for a rookie. Being so dismissive, even to demonstrate a point, is very biased of you. Try being a little more objective.

"lewisteric media are dumping unheard of preasure on a guy that has just but popped up on F1". If you use the term 'lewisteric' one more time i am going to personally hunt you down and kick you in the c#ck, hard.

"As a guy that once supported Hamilton, I strongly believe......" Wow. How fickle are you? You once supported him but now do not? You are clearly the type of fan more concerned with the media, the hype and the bitchiness instead of the racing. What on earth could Lewis have done to turn you into an ex-fan in such a short space of time? My admiration for him grew as the season went on, not diminish.

The opposite happened for me, with Fernando.

Just when i think i'm out, they keep pulling me back in..........

Thank you dribbles...well said.

The only screwed up person around here appears to be maure....

Why are you turning this thread into a a discussion about Lewis?

You got there before me :) . I have simply come to the conclusion that Maure is obsessed with Lewis as ALL his postings one way or another seem to relate to this one subject.

I've gone past trying to reason - now its just getting boring and I'm fed up wasting any more valuable moments of my life trying to discuss with someone who is clearly obsessed. All I see now when I read Maure's postings is "blah, blah, Lewisterics, blah".

You people are too much. One freaks out, the other cries for more.

Why are you turning this thread into a a discussion about Lewis? There are a few lines in your post that are there purely with the intention of provoking a response. I'm highlighting them now before we go any further.

It was the pakeha who isolated Hamilton out of my post. I simply responded to it.

"Hamilton is still no more than a media event made to believe he is actually someone." His results have been great for a rookie. Being so dismissive, even to demonstrate a point, is very biased of you. Try being a little more objective.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. In fact, if you read my post before complaining, you will see that I appreciate the boy's skill. I contend, however, that Hamilton has been turn into a zoo freak and that it doesn't help him a bit.

"lewisteric media are dumping unheard of preasure on a guy that has just but popped up on F1". If you use the term 'lewisteric' one more time i am going to personally hunt you down and kick you in the c#ck, hard.

I have no option but to admit that such behaviour on your part will _indeed_ constitute a hysterical response.

"As a guy that once supported Hamilton, I strongly believe......" Wow. How fickle are you? You once supported him but now do not?

I can no longer support him as a fan but I can still enjoy his driving and remain concerned for the fellow. I see nothing strange with it unless you consider "being a fan" with a religious affiliation.

You are clearly the type of fan more concerned with the media, the hype and the bitchiness instead of the racing.

You say.

What on earth could Lewis have done to turn you into an ex-fan in such a short space of time? My admiration for him grew as the season went on, not diminish.

I've seen a great driver being turned into a joke... a sad sad joke. Now, after one year in F1, this young fellow has the world on his shoulders for no freaking reason... I seriously hope he can get his act together.

The opposite happened for me, with Fernando.

If I were you, I would now start screaming "Why are you turning this thread into a a discussion about Alonso?"

All I can say to you is that you are comparing a driver with 2 WC's with a driver that has.... what? Understand, once and for all, that the comparison does nothing at all whatsoever to help Hamilton on. Quite the opposite... and, thus, my original comment.

Just when i think i'm out, they keep pulling me back in..........

As long as the lewisteria keeps amusing me and you guys are game....

"blah, blah, Lewisterics, blah"

A perfect example of what you consider a "rational" conversation. Rock on, buddy.

How can I not be amused.