Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JayStorm

James Allen Of Itv Commentary

You people are too much. One freaks out, the other cries for more.

Why are you turning this thread into a a discussion about Lewis? There are a few lines in your post that are there purely with the intention of provoking a response. I'm highlighting them now before we go any further.

It was the pakeha who isolated Hamilton out of my post. I simply responded to it.

"Hamilton is still no more than a media event made to believe he is actually someone." His results have been great for a rookie. Being so dismissive, even to demonstrate a point, is very biased of you. Try being a little more objective.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. In fact, if you read my post before complaining, you will see that I appreciate the boy's skill. I contend, however, that Hamilton has been turn into a zoo freak and that it doesn't help him a bit.

"lewisteric media are dumping unheard of preasure on a guy that has just but popped up on F1". If you use the term 'lewisteric' one more time i am going to personally hunt you down and kick you in the c#ck, hard.

I have no option but to admit that such behaviour on your part will _indeed_ constitute a hysterical response.

"As a guy that once supported Hamilton, I strongly believe......" Wow. How fickle are you? You once supported him but now do not?

I can no longer support him as a fan but I can still enjoy his driving and remain concerned for the fellow. I see nothing strange with it unless you consider "being a fan" with a religious affiliation.

You are clearly the type of fan more concerned with the media, the hype and the bitchiness instead of the racing.

You say.

What on earth could Lewis have done to turn you into an ex-fan in such a short space of time? My admiration for him grew as the season went on, not diminish.

I've seen a great driver being turned into a joke... a sad sad joke. Now, after one year in F1, this young fellow has the world on his shoulders for no freaking reason... I seriously hope he can get his act together.

The opposite happened for me, with Fernando.

If I were you, I would now start screaming "Why are you turning this thread into a a discussion about Alonso?"

All I can say to you is that you are comparing a driver with 2 WC's with a driver that has.... what? Understand, once and for all, that the comparison does nothing at all whatsoever to help Hamilton on. Quite the opposite... and, thus, my original comment.

Just when i think i'm out, they keep pulling me back in..........

As long as the lewisteria keeps amusing me and you guys are game....

1. Do NOT throw around the word "pakeha" without knowing it's meaning, buddy. For all YOU know, I might be Maori, Samoan, Rarotongan, Fijian or anything/one living in NZ.

2. How is Hamilton a "zoo freak"? He has just as much press coverage as Alonso had after winning his first title. As did Kimi when he went to McLaren. As did Michael through most of his career. As do most gifted drivers throughout their careers. Are you implying (backhandedly) that as a zoo freak he is a "monkey" or something? Are you to be lumped in with said sad Spanish indviduals of recent days?

3. Hamilton is actually "someone", even though you contend he is not, and that his driving of 2007 was nothing special, and only elevated to such a level because of media hype. On average he was the closest to the fastest lap time's throughout the year (read the lasted F1 magazine for a complete break down - damn that Vettel is a fast lil boy) - outpacing EVERY SINGLE OTHER DRIVER INCLUDING ALONSO, KIMI, AND MASSA in the process. Wind back the clock several years and you will find the same things being said of this other little upstart race driver called Michael Schumacher. Now if my recent memory serves me correct, I think that guy went on to one or two WDC.

4. Dribbler, as many, including myself, lost a lot of respect for Alonso over the season. He did not respond to Hamilton as a WDC should have done. He did not go about trying to out drive and out pace him, rather he parked it up in Hungary, made comments to the press etc etc. Alonso appears to have hardly tried to fit into McLaren - he just strolled in with his 2 WDC's on his shoulder and expected everyone to jump. He did not go to the team building camp at the start of the season (there's a great way to win over your fellow team mates), and he did not even front up to the FIA meeting where he was a central witness (it was his emails, his questions re tyres etc, weight etc), although Hamilton was there, instead of at the track preparing for the GP, even though he was in no way implicated. He was there supporting his team and team mates - can you say that about Alonso? A WDC should lead from the front, not just on the track but off it too. Alonso did not. Infact, of he, Kimi and Lewis, he is the driver that should have won the 2007 title, and at a canter, but becuase of his moods, his sulkiness, his greater-than-thou attitude, he lost the title chase, and he lost it on his own. Recently he has said that he went to Renault for the car, the team and the money. I beleive in my humble opinion that money is a very big driving factor for Alonso, especially when you consider that his contract is only a one year contract, with an option on a second year, and that he is looking for a Ferrari drive ultimately. I beleive it was someone like Andretti, or Lauda that said (along the lines) that when the flag drops at the first race of the season, you are no longer the WDC - you are on equal terms with every other driver out there. You are WDC the year(s) prior - not the one you are racing.

5. James Allen is a nitwit.

*Tries to salvage thread*

I can't believe that so many of you are saying such nice things about James Allen....

He makes frequent errors, gets ridiculously over excited and won't shut up. If it weren't for Martin Brundle I could not watch F1 on ITV.

I would love to see Ben Edwards partnered with Martin Brundle - he is infinitely more professional, knowledgeable and does not love the sound of his own voice.

I agree, both brilliant. Yet Edwards is stuck on Eurosport talking about touring cars :wacko:

1. Do NOT throw around the word "pakeha" without knowing it's meaning, buddy. For all YOU know, I might be Maori, Samoan, Rarotongan, Fijian or anything/one living in NZ.

As it happens, I lived in NZ for a few years back when. I know what pakeha means (a term of unfathomable complexity, right?) which goes to show what YOU know about me, buddy.

2. How is Hamilton a "zoo freak"? He has just as much press coverage as Alonso had after winning his first title. As did Kimi when he went to McLaren. As did Michael through most of his career. As do most gifted drivers throughout their careers. Are you implying (backhandedly) that as a zoo freak he is a "monkey" or something? Are you to be lumped in with said sad Spanish indviduals of recent days?

If it wasn't for the desperate tone....

Alonso, for example, was a good driver before he was a media event (like Hamilton). He then became bigger as a media event than as a driver. He was but a zoo freak at the hands of the alonsomaniacs until he won a WC. Even then, some would argue that his media presence did not correspond with his accomplishments on the track. Heck, even after a second WC, some would still argue that he is hyped beyond his record...

Right or wrong, does this commentary on Alonso make you flip out? Nope, because Alonso is not the object of your fanatical worship.

3. Hamilton is actually "someone", even though you contend he is not, and that his driving of 2007 was nothing special, and only elevated to such a level because of media hype. On average he was the closest to the fastest lap time's throughout the year (read the lasted F1 magazine for a complete break down - damn that Vettel is a fast lil boy) - outpacing EVERY SINGLE OTHER DRIVER INCLUDING ALONSO, KIMI, AND MASSA in the process. Wind back the clock several years and you will find the same things being said of this other little upstart race driver called Michael Schumacher. Now if my recent memory serves me correct, I think that guy went on to one or two WDC.

Nope. You need to lie about what I say in regards to my evaluation of Hamilton. Ask yourself why while I smile.

4. Dribbler, as many, including myself, lost a lot of respect for Alonso over the season. He did not respond to Hamilton as a WDC should have done. He did not go about trying to out drive and out pace him, rather he parked it up in Hungary, made comments to the press etc etc. Alonso appears to have hardly tried to fit into McLaren - he just strolled in with his 2 WDC's on his shoulder and expected everyone to jump. He did not go to the team building camp at the start of the season (there's a great way to win over your fellow team mates), and he did not even front up to the FIA meeting where he was a central witness (it was his emails, his questions re tyres etc, weight etc), although Hamilton was there, instead of at the track preparing for the GP, even though he was in no way implicated. He was there supporting his team and team mates - can you say that about Alonso? A WDC should lead from the front, not just on the track but off it too. Alonso did not. Infact, of he, Kimi and Lewis, he is the driver that should have won the 2007 title, and at a canter, but becuase of his moods, his sulkiness, his greater-than-thou attitude, he lost the title chase, and he lost it on his own. Recently he has said that he went to Renault for the car, the team and the money. I beleive in my humble opinion that money is a very big driving factor for Alonso, especially when you consider that his contract is only a one year contract, with an option on a second year, and that he is looking for a Ferrari drive ultimately. I beleive it was someone like Andretti, or Lauda that said (along the lines) that when the flag drops at the first race of the season, you are no longer the WDC - you are on equal terms with every other driver out there. You are WDC the year(s) prior - not the one you are racing.

Yep. While any comment on Hamilton that might remotely be considered a criticism (even when well intentioned and the result of concern for the boy, as is my case) makes you flip out, you go on and on carelessly hammering other drivers. It is because you guys consider Hamilton to be made of glass and nothing less than an untouchable god, that I find you so amusing and cause for a good laugh.

5. James Allen is a nitwit.

Not the only one.

Look, relax a bit. You can be funny... there is no need to launch at me all stressed out... but if you do, understand this, the only thing you are going to accomplish is to become hilarious in my eyes.

You people are too much.

"Us" people? Are you not of this earth?

I can no longer support him as a fan but I can still enjoy his driving and remain concerned for the fellow. I see nothing strange with it unless you consider "being a fan" with a religious affiliation.

So you enjoy his driving from a purely mechanical pespective? You enjoy the way he operates his car and the way he makes his car go around a track but have no interest in what motivates the man to do it or what is going on in his head? Weird. More alien stuff.

I've seen a great driver being turned into a joke... a sad sad joke.

Take me to your leader.

The opposite happened for me, with Fernando.

If I were you, I would now start screaming "Why are you turning this thread into a a discussion about Alonso?"

All I can say to you is that you are comparing a driver with 2 WC's with a driver that has.... what? Understand, once and for all, that the comparison does nothing at all whatsoever to help Hamilton on. Quite the opposite... and, thus, my original comment.

Name any other driver who changed so fundamentally in the way they conducted themselves last year. Hamilton has not won a championship yet but he was not around when Fernando won both of his. To remind you, he beat Fernando last year. I think you'll find therefore it is Fernando who does not fare well in the comparison.

As long as the lewisteria keeps amusing me and you guys are game....

Your c#ck vs my boot. Game on.

So Maure, if you have lived here in NZ, you will know the term "pakeha" is actually a derogative and racist term for Europeans (to be exact, half cast Maori/European). So please take your racist comments someplace else.

Lets see...Stirling Moss won...um....remind me again...how many WDC? Is he not considered an amazing driver? Since when has a WDC been the sole judge as to a drivers ability?

Just because Lewis has 0 WDC, and Alonso 2 WDC, does not mean Alonso is inherently better, nor does it mean you can not compare the two. After one year of F1 competition Alonso had...um....ZERO WDC's...so by my judgement Lewis and Freddy are at least on par.

I would guesstimate that Muare never reads any interviews that Lewis has done, nor watched footage of interviews, lest his distaste for the "zoo freak" wear off....

So Maure, if you have lived here in NZ, you will know the term "pakeha" is actually a derogative and racist term for Europeans (to be exact, half cast Maori/European). So please take your racist comments someplace else.

Read up.

No Māori dictionary flags 'Pākehā' as derogatory. The Concise Māori Dictionary (Kāretu, 1990) defines the word as "foreign, foreigner (usually applied to white person)", while the English–Māori, Māori–English Dictionary (Biggs, 1990) defines Pākehā as "white (person)". The word mostly applies more narrowly to just New Zealanders of European (primarily British and Irish) descent, and this is the interpretation used in official New Zealand documents and forms. Sometimes it applies more widely to include all non-Māori, a definition which appears in the Collins English Dictionary. Some early European settlers who lived among the Māori became known as Pākehā Māori.

The full reference so that you can educate yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakeha

You consider this to be clever? Honestly?

So you enjoy his driving from a purely mechanical pespective? You enjoy the way he operates his car and the way he makes his car go around a track but have no interest in what motivates the man to do it or what is going on in his head? Weird. More alien stuff.

So you enjoy lining up words hoping against all hope that they make any sense?

Take me to your leader.

Did yours throw you out?

Name any other driver who changed so fundamentally in the way they conducted themselves last year. Hamilton has not won a championship yet but he was not around when Fernando won both of his. To remind you, he beat Fernando last year. I think you'll find therefore it is Fernando who does not fare well in the comparison.

How far gone you must be to claim that Hamilton has accomplished more than Alonso in F1...

I wish you had it in you to put up a decent struggle... nothing much to show for so far though. Step it up.

I am actually not that fond of Allen or Brundle as commentators, to be honest. I am not saying that they are idiots or not knowledgeable in anyway, but as commentators I don't think they make the most of their attributes, especially Martin.

When Jens was banned for a couple of races (I think) he guest commentated with them and he was better than either of them and that was at his first attempt! At least he knows what he can do after F1 :lol: Martin has a tendency to be a bit too cynical, in my opinion, he quite often cites driver error for a crash without knowing what's happened. Also, sometimes it's quite obvious that it's a mechanical failure when you watch an 'off' and his first thought is still to blame the driver.

Murray and Button - now that would be a great team!

Agree with the post above.

Anthony davidson is another example although not to such an extent.

This could be because they seemed fresh as we've had the same two for a few years now.

Lets see...Stirling Moss won...um....remind me again...how many WDC? Is he not considered an amazing driver? Since when has a WDC been the sole judge as to a drivers ability?

Just because Lewis has 0 WDC, and Alonso 2 WDC, does not mean Alonso is inherently better, nor does it mean you can not compare the two. After one year of F1 competition Alonso had...um....ZERO WDC's...so by my judgement Lewis and Freddy are at least on par.

I would guesstimate that Muare never reads any interviews that Lewis has done, nor watched footage of interviews, lest his distaste for the "zoo freak" wear off....

Try explaining this to the Alonso fans, who kept making this arguement for Kimi...

Try explaining this to the Alonso fans, who kept making this arguement for Kimi...

Well...let's see:

1) Lewis raced one year total, and one in a car capable of winning the WDC. He did not win the WDC, but was close enough. Kudos for him.

2) Nando raced 3 years in winning cars (2 at Renault and 1 at McLaren). Won 2 out of 3. Not bad at all

3) Kimi raced on the winning McLaren in 2003 & 2005. Also on a winning Ferrari on 2007. He won just 1, and that only because of some improbable set of variables on the last race. Sorry, he still needs to show us more of his skills before we respect him as much :P

How was Alonso going to win driving a Minardi?

I know Hamilton 'earned' a top drive in the series prior to F1 but he entered atleast a year after Fernando.

It's easier to be an old head on young shoulders rookie if you have more experiance prior to F1.

You consider this to be clever? Honestly?

Yes. Look deeper into the meaning. The alien is a metaphor for something that is different from other beings. Your behaviour on this forum is sometimes alien.

So you enjoy lining up words hoping against all hope that they make any sense?

Not especially. I leave it to you. Let me try and explain it in a way you will understand. I was actually asking a serious question because i find it difficult how someone can find an interest and enjoyment in someones driving and not be remotely interested in the person themselves. So, i ask the question again; How do you appresciate what he does without being interested in him?

Take me to your leader.

Did yours throw you out?

:lol: Not bad. Now you're starting to think like me.

How far gone you must be to claim that Hamilton has accomplished more than Alonso in F1...

I'm not claiming that he has accomplished more. Factually, Alonso has achieved more than Hamilton. My point was about the respective merits of their conduct and the consistency of their temperements. You cannot deny thought that whilst Hamilton has been around, Fernando has not beaten him.

I wish you had it in you to put up a decent struggle... nothing much to show for so far though. Step it up.

A struggle? That implies a difficult fight. Would you hit someone who is an expert in self harm?

Well...let's see:

1) Lewis raced one year total, and one in a car capable of winning the WDC. He did not win the WDC, but was close enough. Kudos for him.

2) Nando raced 3 years in winning cars (2 at Renault and 1 at McLaren). Won 2 out of 3. Not bad at all

3) Kimi raced on the winning McLaren in 2003 & 2005. Also on a winning Ferrari on 2007. He won just 1, and that only because of some improbable set of variables on the last race. Sorry, he still needs to show us more of his skills before we respect him as much :P

How will this season's dominance fit in?? :naughty: ....

quoting Schumikenon, "Be scared, be very very scared."

He makes frequent errors, gets ridiculously over excited and won't shut up.

:lol: Wasn't there another commentator before JA that was a bit like that?

Yeah but he was in his 60's and had an excuse - JA has all his faculties....or maybe he doesn't?!!?!!?

Maure - I'll take the word of my Maori friends about the meaning of "pakeha" over wikipedia and your internet search any day.

Yeah but he was in his 60's and had an excuse - JA has all his faculties....or maybe he doesn't?!!?!!?

Maure - I'll take the word of my Maori friends about the meaning of "pakeha" over wikipedia and your internet search any day.

I thought you would find it less humiliating if it came from a proper reference (two dictionaries) than from a guy that lived in NZ but for a couple of years.

Well...let's see:

Now, now, both Hamilton and Alonso HAD a car that could win. Kimi had a car that quite didn't in 2005. Nonetheless, I have no problem conceding that Alonso is ahead.

Yes. Look deeper into the meaning. The alien is a metaphor for something that is different from other beings. Your behaviour on this forum is sometimes alien.

It would have been better if you had not tried to explain it... still, kudos for you lining up words and hoping they make sense (little luck though).

Not especially. I leave it to you. Let me try and explain it in a way you will understand. I was actually asking a serious question because i find it difficult how someone can find an interest and enjoyment in someones driving and not be remotely interested in the person themselves. So, i ask the question again; How do you appresciate what he does without being interested in him?

Take your statement "not be remotely interested" and check against what I have been posting on Hamilton.

When someone is forced to lie in order to have something to say, I smile.

:lol: Not bad. Now you're starting to think like me.

Sure, buddy, you are not alone.

I'm not claiming that he has accomplished more. Factually, Alonso has achieved more than Hamilton. My point was about the respective merits of their conduct and the consistency of their temperements. You cannot deny thought that whilst Hamilton has been around, Fernando has not beaten him.

I wished for a fair competition and, were there to have been one, I would have preferred that Hamilton came on top as I do now for Piquet. But, then again, Alonso is central in your life while I don't give a crap about the guy.

A struggle? That implies a difficult fight. Would you hit someone who is an expert in self harm?

I simply continue laughing. You are the one talking about fights, hits, boots, c#cks... and the one that wants to make this personal. I thank you for the intent but, again, would find it more amusing if you could apply yourself just a tad more.

Read up.

No Māori dictionary flags 'Pākehā' as derogatory. The Concise Māori Dictionary (Kāretu, 1990) defines the word as "foreign, foreigner (usually applied to white person)", while the English

It is always amusing to see someone cite wikipedia as an authoritative reference.

Try this - the NZ Human Rights Commission:

http://www.hrc.co.nz/index.php?p=13825

It is always amusing to find someone dismissing not one but two dictionaries... and, more so, when the first line of the link he offers reads...

The word Pakeha is often used to describe fair skinned New Zealanders. While most find it inoffensive, others find it distasteful, or consider it derogatory.

... which only goes to further humiliate the kiwi that wrote with authority...

... if you have lived here in NZ, you will know the term "pakeha" is actually a derogative and racist term for Europeans (to be exact, half cast Maori/European). So please take your racist comments someplace else.

So eager to make fool of yourselves, you people are.