Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rumblestrip

Another Type Of Racing

My buddy recently got re-interested in a hobby from years gone by - SLOT CARS! He has the large 1/32 scale ones that are very detailed, and I recently bought one to go race with him on his track at home. These things FLY! And last night we took some pics. (The Cytomax Jaguar is mine, the rest are his)

CIMG1338.jpg

CIMG1343.jpg

CIMG1328.jpg

CIMG1331.jpg

CIMG1336.jpg

And yes, they do have F1 cars, and I'll be ordering a pair soon (they have Renaults, Ferraris, McLarens, Hondas, Red Bulls, STRs, and a bunch of vintage F1 models. Now I have to build a track in my basement so we can have an alternate circuit for when his wife kicks us out. :lol:

Ahh, slot cars! It's been years. Somewhere I have a number 18 Interstate Batteries Pontiac of Bobby Labonte, showing how many years it really has been. There used to be a really awesome slot car place somewhere in either MA or Rhode Island, I don't even remember. I don't know if it still exists, but it was a cool place to go.

Cool, I used to race back in the early '70's

Holy crap. We went to a race tonight - just got home. The guy's place was AMAZING! There were around 16 people there, and he had 3 HO scale tracks and a HUGE 1/32 track. The main straight was close to 30 feet in length. Four lanes. We had a few hours of racing and I DID NOT come in dead last!

I need serious upgrades though. My car lacks straight line speed, and I need silicone tires. Too much fun!!

I'd go with George's suggestion for a Nordschleife circuit... :)

How big is your garage? :lol:

A Suzuka slot car track. Now that would rock my world!

They do have layouts for many different F1 circuits, thought they're not always very exact. Here's one of the Suzukas I found:

post-2043-1203953675_thumb.jpg

But you can get a lot more track packed into your available real estate by doing your own layout on the track layout program. It even gives you a printable "shopping list" of track parts.

Here are a few circuits I made:

v2.gif

v3.gif

v4.gif

Nice tracks George, have you tried digital yet ? I find it represents F1 a lot better, with the fuel consumption, the pits and the overtaking . On some systems you can set your level of braking and size of your fuel tank . Yes slot-cars are that cool now. B)

Nice tracks George, have you tried digital yet ? I find it represents F1 a lot better, with the fuel consumption, the pits and the overtaking . On some systems you can set your level of braking and size of your fuel tank . Yes slot-cars are that cool now.

... That's awesome.

EDIT: Forgot to quote.

They do have layouts for many different F1 circuits, thought they're not always very exact. Here's one of the Suzukas I found:

post-2043-1203953675_thumb.jpg

But you can get a lot more track packed into your available real estate by doing your own layout on the track layout program. It even gives you a printable "shopping list" of track parts.

Here are a few circuits I made:

v2.gif

v3.gif

v4.gif

Man I'd like to see Tilke build some of these designs for real!