Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Poll: Grand-prix (motor Racing) Innovators From 1906 Onwards

The greatest Grand-Prix (motor racing) innovators   

13 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Lotus
    • Renault
    • Mercedes/Benz/MB
    • Alfa
    • Cooper
    • Ferrari
    • Auto Union
    • Bugatti
    • Brabham
    • BRM
    • Williams
    • McLaren
    • Voisin
    • Panhard

I was going to vote for Minardi because of Their popularity, for their smallness, for surviving for 20 years on a stringline budget and for giving Mark Webber a start in His brillant career but considering that they were not there and considering that my second option Andrea Moda were not there also mainly because of how well they treated The Black Stig My final vote went to Auto Union.

Second would have been Williams then Mclaren.

Hey DOF there are 2 teams that you have put into the poll which I have never have heard before and they are Panhard and Voisin, can you please give us a short summary of these two teams please...

>

^ Well french car manufacturer Panhard created (tough long before the 1906 GP) the Systeme Panhard a.k.a. the front-engined rear-wheel-drive layout (a.k.a. the all-american-as-God intended it layout ).

The Panhard race cars (city-to-city, Gordon Bennett, from 1906 Grand Prix cars) perfected this layout and thus contributed in a great deal in making it universally accepted till WWI. Panhard also came up ~ 100 years ago with the Panhard rod for their cars and race cars (tough no longer found in today's Grand Prix cars, some still use it).

Panhard was a clear example of (Grand Prix) racing improving the breed.

Voisin created the first monocoque Grand Prix car in 1923. It was also one of the first aerodynamical Grand Prix cars and had a rather unconventional wedge aero nose.

post-2174-1204494585_thumb.jpg

After the shortcomings of the previous poll I've made this new one.

Cheers :lol:

I don't know enough about all the old makes to make a proper decision, I suppose they all contributed in their own way.

Man, Voisin was very innovative, creating a car that looked a lot like an image used without permission that got replaced with a notice from the website...never seen a racecar like that...

Anyway, I've watched all of 25 races, so I'm not the one to ask.

Man, Voisin was very innovative, creating a car that looked a lot like an image used without permission that got replaced with a notice from the website...never seen a racecar like that...

Anyway, I've watched all of 25 races, so I'm not the one to ask.

Fixed oh Evil One

Cheers :lol:

I don't know enough about all the old makes to make a proper decision, I suppose they all contributed in their own way.

So are you going to vote for all of them??