Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Kubica Vs. Heidfeld

Kubica vs. Heidfeld  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will enjoy the upper hand?

• Robert Kubica
    • Nick Heidfeld

Now this will be a close comparision.

I expect Robert to be even better this year, and to have a very slight edge over Nick. I'm trying to think of a valid reason to back up my thoughts, and I really am struggling to think of any, it's just that close between these two!!! I'm sure the rest of you maybe in the same position.

A real close one. I think Nick is a great, fast driver. But I am still hoping for Bob to deliver his full potential. He might be less regular than Nick, but I have the (irrational) feeling that, when it's time to make the big jump, Bob's "all or nothing" approach will yield best results.

I am just trying to explain my gut feelings, so my explanation might be entirely disconnected from reality :lol:

Pretty much the same yeah. As long as they have an equal opportunity and similar reliability, I think Kubica just has it. It's a big year for Robert though, it would be very good (for his career) if he could beat Heidfeld. Interesting battle between the two.

I'm gonna go with Heidi on this one. I reckon his driving style will suit the new technical regulations a little better tan Kubica's.

I am going with Kubica for this one, just a gut feeling that with 1.5 seasons under his belt he will be a bit better on most tracks and be faster....

Heidfeld by a whisker....er...beard.....or maybe Kubica by a nose....

Oh I dunno.....

The new car seems to have been built with Kubi's driving style in mind. In testing he seemed to have an upper hand. He was pegged by "the old hands" to shine last year. Both Hamilton and Alonso indicated he (and Suber) are the ones to watch in 2008. I'd say it's Kubica, and I think we'll see more of Nick mentoring him than competeing with him.

Just a gut feeling.

Kubica arrived into F1 with a lot of fuss and rightly so, it seemed that he was going to rock the establishment, Lewis-esque. I appreciate that he has not had the car to demonstrate his clear talent but he should have blown Heidfeld's doors off and he hasn't. I see nothing changing this year. It will remain a closely fought battle with Nick coning out on top, in my opinion.

Kubica is the quicker driver but Nick is the more consistant.

So its just so hard to pick between the tow.

But then again Heidfeld did score 61 pts to Rob's 39, massive difference and all it was for robert was a poor start to last year, so its vital for Kubica to start this season strongly.

But heidfeld, but only just.

Kubica arrived into F1 with a lot of fuss and rightly so, it seemed that he was going to rock the establishment, Lewis-esque. I appreciate that he has not had the car to demonstrate his clear talent but he should have blown Heidfeld's doors off and he hasn't. I see nothing changing this year. It will remain a closely fought battle with Nick coning out on top, in my opinion.

Exactly

Very tough call this is but for me it'll be Heidfeld with the upper hand over Kubica not saying that he's crap but he's very fast behind the wheel but Heidfeld mostly seems to get the best results.

Nick for points (his consistency)

Kubica for best race result (seems to be able to make the F1.08 go that little bit faster)

Nick gets the vote.

Will you kindly stop talking sense. It's leaving me with nothing to say but some religious drivel in another thread <_<

Will you kindly stop talking sense. It's leaving me with nothing to say but some religious drivel in another thread <_<

I do the sponge and you do the yummy jam and cream filling.

NH. Kubica may be the future, but for now Heidfeld is most definitely the present.

I will follow Dribbler's path too... Kubica is slightly faster but Heidfeld is more consistent, it wil be a close and interesting battle but i put my money on Heidfeld

I was watching Robert's last season very closely. I must say that he had over twice as much technical issues as Nick had. He missed two races because of the accident. He missed two podiums - one because of stop and go, the other one (when he was leading the race with all pit stops done) was the car's failure. Many of his battles were very spectacular, which I couldn't really say about Nick. My vote goes to Robert.

PS.: In winter tests he was consistently 0.5s faster than Nick - would that be the lack of traction control? Robert drove without TC all his live before entering F1...

If you watched Robert closely you would have noticed that he only missed one grand prix and then he came back heroically to finish 4th in the next two events...

Exactly!

For me a quick driver will be very quick out of the box - It doesn't take 1.5 seasons to get the measure of your teammate. Lewis, Vettel, Kimi, Nando, Button, JV, Mika etc etc demonstrated that from the off.

Nick had the measure of Kimi so Kubi should be a walk in the park

;)

If you watched Robert closely you would have noticed that he only missed one grand prix and then he came back heroically to finish 4th in the next two events...

I'm also counting Canada as the missed one.

Almost every time when Robert finished behind Nick it was solely BMW's fault when they have made several wrong decisions about tires or they let Robert out too late for his last Quali run. The latter happened in two consecutive GP's. It almost seemed like BMW was concentrating on Nick and Robert was just an additional driver. There were also some serious reliability issues, which according to what they say now have been finally resolved.

Heidfeld was slacking before Kubica came into F1, I don't like that. Kubica is just as much of a racer and furthermore the new car seems to suit him more, perhaps due to lack of traction control, or something more general. Kubica has shown on occasion that he has the measure of Heidfeld in terms of speed, but Nick is no slouch and was the more consistant of the two during 2007 (even if Kubica suffered more bad luck with reliability, the crash, BMW c#ck-up's etc). In short, if Kubica wants to overshadow Nick this year he will have to step it up in terms of race/quali pace, and show Rosberg like consistancy. It will be close.