Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milaszewski

Watching F1 Online?

I don't think you'll find a legal one. Anyway I dunno about watching F1 online, luckily for me I have ITV.

any Mac OSX solutions?

Sorry not heard of any for Mac, y not dual boot windows?... There are no Legal ways to watch F1 online, i have searched quite a bit for it as i don't like to watch the sometimes chinese feed, and don't mind spending 5 bucks for a race..

There are two feeds that I know of, Star Sports (English) and CCTV-5 (chinese). You can use sopcast to watch them, for example (I don't endorse it or know if it is evil software). Can't say if the feeds themselves are illegal or not. I can tell you this, though, they are not 100% reliable, that is, the feed can die any second.

Still, this is an interesting thread. If any one gets any info, this could be of a life saver to many that don't get the races live or at all on TV.

Anyone know of any pay online feeds?

You could use TVU/P2P, but that's illegal. And I'm not going to give you links because I don't want you to use it.

Other than that, I do not know of any thing you can pay for, unless you want to watch IRL and/or NASCAR.

Sorry not heard of any for Mac, y not dual boot windows?... There are no Legal ways to watch F1 online, i have searched quite a bit for it as i don't like to watch the sometimes chinese feed, and don't mind spending 5 bucks for a race..

I always boot my windows, mostly when it freezes, although I'm not sure which came first, the booting or the freezing.

You could use TVU/P2P, but that's illegal. And I'm not going to give you links because I don't want you to use it.

Other than that, I do not know of any thing you can pay for, unless you want to watch IRL and/or NASCAR.

Yeah sure Eric, we all know you pay for it all the time :whistling:

If you go abroad, you can't watch it there.

Glad to be of any help.

:lol::lol:

I know how you feel, milaszewski. I've had to cut my satellite for the sake of a budget this year and I've been scrambling to find ways of watching my racing. The best I've come up with is watching at a relative or friend's house (which works well because I now have a chance to subject my friends to a diverse sampling of beers that I always have handy for a race).

I watched qualy using Sopcast and got the SpeedTV feed. I was quite happy with that. As stated above, reliability tends to suck apples and there's no guarantee that the same feed will be up for every race. I've had great luck using Sop for practice and qualy and horrible luck finding feeds for the race. I would say start there. If you're on a Mac, I believe you can get windows to run on it somehow because it's using Unix now (one of the computer geeks here can probably help you more on this...or check with the Almighty Internets).

Hope this helped.

For those of you who are interested

www.tvunetworks.com for the tvuplayer software

www.sopcast.com for the sopcast software

Tvuplayer has the Wheels and Star Sports channel. Both channels show F1 races. Wheels shows qualifying as well.

Sopcast, has Star Sports, but the Tvuplayer works better for me.

And for all the links to times and which software is carrying which sport, www.myp2p.eu

And as for the legality of it all, depends on your country and its applicable laws. If you care about legality issues, then don't download, or use the software.

Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel, milaszewski. I've had to cut my satellite for the sake of a budget this year and I've been scrambling to find ways of watching my racing. The best I've come up with is watching at a relative or friend's house (which works well because I now have a chance to subject my friends to a diverse sampling of beers that I always have handy for a race).

I watched qualy using Sopcast and got the SpeedTV feed. I was quite happy with that. As stated above, reliability tends to suck apples and there's no guarantee that the same feed will be up for every race. I've had great luck using Sop for practice and qualy and horrible luck finding feeds for the race. I would say start there. If you're on a Mac, I believe you can get windows to run on it somehow because it's using Unix now (one of the computer geeks here can probably help you more on this...or check with the Almighty Internets).

Hope this helped.

Its due to the Intel chips which the Mac's started working which allows dual booting of Windows on Macs....

Its due to the Intel chips which the Mac's started working which allows dual booting of Windows on Macs....

Are you sure? I was under the impression that the UNIX-based Mac OS allows it to run DOS. The chip possibly enables the Mac to run UNIX, but I always thought the chip was for speed. I'm an artist, not a computer geek so I could be wrong here...(though I do use a G5 in my day job).

Well, as my dear cable company never bothered to fix my cable signal, I resorted to online TV. Watched SPEED's transmission. It was very...informative. I guess nobody is happy with the way their local channels transmit F1. But after hearing Bob Varsha and the bunch, I'd rather stick with our local guys (Tano Fazzini and his crew). They are biased (Tano had no sympathy for Schumi, for example) but would never have said "Yeahhhh! Good Boy!!!! Stick it to him!" like they said at SPeed when Kovy overtook Nando! Miss the Fox Sports in Spanish:(

And they don't say "wow" every two words, either. :P

If you go abroad, you can't watch it there.

Glad to be of any help.

actually u can. i wrote him bout that. i watched 2 first fps from itv :)

Well, as my dear cable company never bothered to fix my cable signal, I resorted to online TV. Watched SPEED's transmission. It was very...informative. I guess nobody is happy with the way their local channels transmit F1. But after hearing Bob Varsha and the bunch, I'd rather stick with our local guys (Tano Fazzini and his crew). They are biased (Tano had no sympathy for Schumi, for example) but would never have said "Yeahhhh! Good Boy!!!! Stick it to him!" like they said at SPeed when Kovy overtook Nando! Miss the Fox Sports in Spanish:(

And they don't say "wow" every two words, either. :P

I like those moments of unprofessional exuberance shown by the Varsha, Matchett and Hobbs. It brings them down to earth and demonstrates their love of our sport. I call it relevant irreverence.

Most people around here like that style too. Local motorsports are like that (even worse actually, as they yell all the time).

I'd rather hear them as less as posible. I prefer an unobstrusive style. But that's just me.