Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milaszewski

Watching F1 Online?

Most people around here like that style too. Local motorsports are like that (even worse actually, as they yell all the time).

I'd rather hear them as less as posible. I prefer an unobstrusive style. But that's just me.

And me :D

You already know how I hate the Telecinco guys ^^

And me :D

You already know how I hate the Telecinco guys ^^

Yeah there should be a "Lobato's voice off" button on every tv...and the same for Serrano...

Since Macintosh computers adopted Intel processors, Apple developed a software called "bootcamp", with that software you can make a windows partition in the HD, then install windows and run it from there...of course you have to be owner of a legal Windows OS to install it, the bad news is that the partition couldnt be bigger than 30Gb so the space will be small if you install a lot of applications, I use windows on my Mac to use the Flight simulator and I have now just 1Gb free and I dont know what to erase in order to get more free HD space...

I dont know where to watch races in internet and I have never tryied to find...use Cablevision and Fox Sports LA...I think that at the end, I get used to hear Argentinians describing the races... :)

have a nice day

Since Macintosh computers adopted Intel processors, Apple developed a software called "bootcamp", with that software you can make a windows partition in the HD, then install windows and run it from there...of course you have to be owner of a legal Windows OS to install it, the bad news is that the partition couldnt be bigger than 30Gb so the space will be small if you install a lot of applications, I use windows on my Mac to use the Flight simulator and I have now just 1Gb free and I dont know what to erase in order to get more free HD space...

You ought to look at Fusion from VMWare which lets you run a virtual PC, rather than a bootcamp image. Problem with bootcamp is it is just a partition on your disk and therefore inefficient, whereas Fusion stores the virtual machine as a big, compressed file which you can grow/shrink if you need to. You can run the virtual PC in a window or full screen from within OS/X. Also you can back up your whole Windows PC by copying the virtual machine file, making backups/restores much easier. I used to have bootcamp on my Macs but have switched over to Fusion as it is much more flexible. The competing product is Parallels, but I would avoid that as it can be flaky esp. if you don't shut down Windows cleanly in which case it can corrupt your copy of Windows.

You ought to look at Fusion from VMWare which lets you run a virtual PC, rather than a bootcamp image. Problem with bootcamp is it is just a partition on your disk and therefore inefficient, whereas Fusion stores the virtual machine as a big, compressed file which you can grow/shrink if you need to. You can run the virtual PC in a window or full screen from within OS/X. Also you can back up your whole Windows PC by copying the virtual machine file, making backups/restores much easier. I used to have bootcamp on my Macs but have switched over to Fusion as it is much more flexible. The competing product is Parallels, but I would avoid that as it can be flaky esp. if you don't shut down Windows cleanly in which case it can corrupt your copy of Windows.

Hi!

I use a separated partition and a clean installation of windows because I use the flight simulator, and I need the maximum processor and graphics power that the computer can give, so I dont know the amount of hardware power that a software OS simulator can give...anyway I will buy a real PC just to use my games and return to my Mac those 30Gb who are borrowed to Windows.

Hi!

I use a separated partition and a clean installation of windows because I use the flight simulator, and I need the maximum processor and graphics power that the computer can give, so I dont know the amount of hardware power that a software OS simulator can give...anyway I will buy a real PC just to use my games and return to my Mac those 30Gb who are borrowed to Windows.

Ah fair enough, There's about a 15% performance penalty in speed on Windows running ina virtual machine on my Macbook (rough guesstimate).

Regards

Chris