Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KazamaS15

Australia Practice

Raikkonen tops timesheet for Free Practice 1, followed by Hamilton, then Massa.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/raceresults.php?racepartID=1880

Hamilton tops timesheet for Free Practice 2, followed by Webber, then Massa.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/raceresults.php?racepartID=1881

Kubica tops timesheet for final practice, followed by teammate Heidfeld, then Alonso.

Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen set the opening pace this morning as he topped the timesheets ahead of McLaren runner, Lewis Hamilton with Felipe Massa and Heikki Kovalainen finishing third and fourth respectively.

The Albert Park circuit in Melbourne Australia came to life this morning as the roar of Formula One V8 engines filled the air sending chills up the spines of everyone who has waited so many long months for the season to get underway.

Warm dry and a little wind set the scene as the two BMW

Hah, go Kimi! Still... not *too* much to shout about yet considering how early it is. Also, what the hell is going on at Williams?

Good question :eusa_think:

Go Webber! Go Kimi!

93738.jpg

Best F1 news since Alonso leaving McLaren: NO BAR CODE!

That Ferrari is one ugly car, but damn is that all red livery sexy.

Gearbox problems for Williams, shame. :(

Can't say yet that Ferrari will dominate, in fact I think it's going to be extremely tight. I damn sure hope the gap to the other teams isn't 1,8 secs like it's looking out to be!

Good driving from Kovy considering it's a new track for him. B)

seems there is not much difference between ferrari and Mclaren

whts up with BMWs n Williams? they were supposed to give ferrari and mclaren a tough fight...

McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton toppled the timesheets here at Albert Park this afternoon, knocking Aussie hero Mark Webber from the top of the leaderboard in the dying minutes. Felipe Massa was third followed by Heikki Kovalainen David Coulthard and Kimi Raikkonen.

Drivers were quick to take to the track for the second and final ninety minute free practice session here this afternoon with Toyota racer Jarno Trulli setting the opening time followed by Robert Kubica and Sebastien Bourdais. Sebastian Vettel soon jumped into top spot however he was several seconds shy of the best time set here earlier this morning by Kimi Raikkonen.

Track temperature was at a blistering 47 degrees for this second session as Lewis Hamilton puts down his first time, P1, but the McLaren racer isn

I know this is just practice and doesn't talk much about the race but Force India are seeming to have pretty good cars....

I know this is just practice and doesn't talk much about the race but Force India are seeming to have pretty good cars....

seems fisi has drugged the car :lol:

I don't have big hopes but I expect Force India to climb up the ladder before end of season

Ferrari were obviously concentrating on race set up during '2. They still seem to be quickest. Was impressed by Kovalainen's pace relative to Lewis's in the first session.

The two second gap between 4th and 5th will surely be reduced when the less experienced teams have more running. I think Ferrari and Mclaren have reached their optimum quicker, that's all.

I get the impression that Honda are in slightly better shape than what maybe Jenson was expecting. When he's in that kind of mood he normally bullies the car higher than it should go. He's my wildcard tip for a point.

No surprise to see Alonso troubling the top five/six. Nelshino, on the other hand seems to be all at sea. Makes me wonder what the true position of the car really is. There are two polar opposites working. That ought to really help the engineers.

....................I get the impression that Honda are in slightly better shape than what maybe Jenson was expecting. When he's in that kind of mood he normally bullies the car higher than it should go. He's my wildcard tip for a point.

Quite.

They seemed quietly confident after Jerez testing. If they keep this up I can do this :P:P:P:P to all those slagging them off over winter testing and predicting last on the grid. In fact, I'll do it anyway :P

Ok what I can tell you all from Friday practice session 1 & 2 is that Nelsinho seems from my prespective to be completely at sea with the car, the Ferrari and McLaren look extremely well hooked up as expected, the BMW-Saubers drivers are fighting the car, the Red Bull's of Mark and David are looking the part along with the Williams of Nico.

Ok what I can tell you all from Friday practice session 1 & 2 is that Nelsinho seems from my prespective to be completely at sea with the car, the Ferrari and McLaren look extremely well hooked up as expected, the BMW-Saubers drivers are fighting the car, the Red Bull's of Mark and David are looking the part along with the Williams of Nico.

Cheers, ears :thbup:

Maybe Nelson is copying Heikki... Bad start, impressive 2nd half.... Flavio will be bagging him in the press after the race surely.

Well I'm not going to lie, but I am very upbeat about Jenson's times today. They certainly seem to have found a bit more speed to take them further up the grid, albeit still outside the top 10, but that will take some time.

Otherwise I think it will be a Kimi win and a Hamilton pole. The Red Bull's may well get 5th and 6th, Alonso looks set for points, and I expect Nico or a BMW to finish in 8th!

Thats what I've gathered from this session!

Commmmmmmmmmmon Alonso son, COMMMMMON!!!