Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KazamaS15

Australia Practice

With BMW looking a little unrealiable right now, Webber could be in for a points finish, which we be a great season start for us Aussie fans! Fingers crossed...

Cars seems to be moving sideways alllllot more. Especially the track being so dirty and slippy.

Alot of mistakes, but thats expected when your trying to find the limit like Schumi did.

Video Highlights Of Friday Practice

yes, I do think the cars are sliding a lot more. I think that the comments by the drivers that there wont be much different might have come a bit too quickly. Like one of the Speed crew said, there is a diferance in driving in race conditions without TC and driving in testing without TC.

I just see the being a giant pile up. I think the guys in the back will still try to just stand on the brakes as they some into the first corner and some will start going sideways

Commmmmmmmmmmon Alonso son, COMMMMMON!!!

Sorry my friend, I think you're gonna be wishing like that for the whole year... Us Kimi fans had to live thru that for several years...

:lol: You're not sorry at all Bradley! And I think they're gonna be wishing like that for longer than one year...

Ok what I can tell you all from Friday practice session 1 & 2 is that Nelsinho seems from my prespective to be completely at sea with the car, the Ferrari and McLaren look extremely well hooked up as expected, the BMW-Saubers drivers are fighting the car, the Red Bull's of Mark and David are looking the part along with the Williams of Nico.

He he, our very own man at the track. I wonder how many other F1 websites have got their very own trackside guru? I know it would be a bit of a slog but i really don't mind going to Bahrain on behalf of the site if we can all club in for my air fare and ticket.......

Sorry my friend, I think you're gonna be wishing like that for the whole year... Us Kimi fans had to live thru that for several years...

I'm not so sure. If Fernando is already hassling the top six it won't take him long to pull the team along to much better results, in my opinion. The Alonso effect is going to be strong this year, of that i have no doubt.

Still can't work out what is going on.

Qualifying should help answer that.

Come on! Be brave! Make yourself look a fool like the rest of us!

I was impressed by Raikkonen's lap which came at the very end of the first session, blistering in all sectors. I think he has a good chance, Hamiton will be his main contender, Heikki is quick. Massa looks very good too. Renault (in the form of Alonso) seem stronger than the BMW's and Williams.

Red Bull also look sharp.

Maybe i'm as wrong as usual (or even more) but can anyone recall practise sesions with such a big difference? 2 seconds between Ferrari/Mclaren and the rest is too much... I knew LH and KR were going to be untouchable but i was hoping Fernando, Nick, Robert or even Rosberg to be fighting with FM and HK for podiums but if this is the real picture things are going to be hard... :huh:

Ok the word on the street...... Heard from a couple of people in the know that the Mclarens will not complete the race, Hamilton is struggling to keep the car on the circuit and they are worried!! Also can anyone recommend a way of getting lose sand out of a car?

IT'S ALREADY HERE!!!!

Can't wait to see the cars on track again...

:D:D

Ok the word on the street...... Heard from a couple of people in the know that the Mclarens will not complete the race, Hamilton is struggling to keep the car on the circuit and they are worried!! Also can anyone recommend a way of getting lose sand out of a car?

:huh: Lewi's struggling to keep the car on the circuit? Sure you're not talking about Nelsinho? :naughty:

I'm not so sure. If Fernando is already hassling the top six it won't take him long to pull the team along to much better results, in my opinion. The Alonso effect is going to be strong this year, of that i have no doubt.

You're a good man ^_^

:huh: Lewi's struggling to keep the car on the circuit? Sure you're not talking about Nelsinho? :naughty:

Actually, Nelsinho had trouble keeping the car within Australian territory.

How can these people 'in the know' possibly predict whether Lewis will bin it or not? If anyone has the natural ability to hang the arse out for 60 laps it's Lewis. If they have knowledge of potential mechanical gremlins, fair enough.

Actually, Nelsinho had trouble keeping the car within Australian territory.

Yeah, that's more accurate... it's clear he's not able to keep it on the circuit, needless to say. Not his fault anyway, Australia is a tiny country.

Interesting though hard to predict!Tire management will be the corner-stone this year and LH appears to be less qualified than other drivers with a smooth driving style!

As for the sand, a vacuum cleaner should do it! Unless the sand is in a bag :D !

Seriously though, if you mean how to get sand off the cars floor, it should be pretty hard, provided it's under the mats! Of course you can take it to a car wash and let them do it!

Oz quali is live on Setanta at 2:25 which is 2hrs from now, I could stay up as Easter holidays is here but I'll end up going sleepies but it's on at 1:30 or so in the afternoon.

I don't know if you already talked about it but I think that with this year's rules, we will see more teams having more or less the same strategy, is too risky to put a lot of fuel in the car to try to go for a long sting, that could leave a driver in the middle of the grid with a heavier car and no possibilities to overtake, I think the last ten will go for the same strategey or at least most of them.

Saturday practise was very confusing....or either its the lack of sleep which is causing it........but somebody tell me what is force india doing in 9th and why is heikki in 20th spot ....yes u read tht right....20th......

but its just 20 minutes to quali...and hopefully then things will return to normal.....