Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KazamaS15

Australia Practice

Without his mistake, could Kubica have taken pole today?

This seems to be the consensus. Of course, he could be driving on fumes, and pit after 3 laps tomorrow, but the Speed crew estimated he lost up to 0.6s going off. Hamilton beat him by 0.155s. The question now is

a) what is Kubica's fuel strategy

B) is car going to make it

c) is HE going to make it (i.e. within the roadway).

Anyway, mistake or not, I love all those drifts.

He he, our very own man at the track. I wonder how many other F1 websites have got their very own trackside guru? I know it would be a bit of a slog but i really don't mind going to Bahrain on behalf of the site if we can all club in for my air fare and ticket.......

Not many I should imagine!!!!

Good plan to get yourself a free trip to Bahrain, I must say!!!

Actually, Nelsinho had trouble keeping the car within Australian territory.

:lol: Nelsinho was terrible today.

Yeah, that's more accurate... it's clear he's not able to keep it on the circuit, needless to say. Not his fault anyway, Australia is a tiny country.

:lol:

Saturday practise was very confusing....or either its the lack of sleep which is causing it........but somebody tell me what is force india doing in 9th and why is heikki in 20th spot ....yes u read tht right....20th......

but its just 20 minutes to quali...and hopefully then things will return to normal.....

Yeah the morning session was really weird indeed.

Without his mistake, could Kubica have taken pole today?

Without doubt. I can't wait to see how much fuel is in the car. But I must say what a great turn of speed BMW -Sauber have shown from winter testing to qualy in Australia. They made some good changes to the car overnight, because the car looks so much easier to drive today than yesterday. Yes the track rubbering in is a factor, but a good effort indeed.

Toro Rosso must have shoved a few noses out of joint Today...................... Go S.V.

I was impressed by Raikkonen's lap which came at the very end of the first session, blistering in all sectors. I think he has a good chance, Hamiton will be his main contender, Heikki is quick. Massa looks very good too. Renault (in the form of Alonso) seem stronger than the BMW's and Williams.

Red Bull also look sharp.

yes, we saw it blistering! :P

Okay then, here goes.

McLaren and Ferrari out front and the rest all tightly bunched in the midfield.

No real surprises so far.

BMW. They will be strong tomorrow.

Without doubt. I can't wait to see how much fuel is in the car. But I must say what a great turn of speed BMW -Sauber have shown from winter testing to qualy in Australia. They made some good changes to the car overnight, because the car looks so much easier to drive today than yesterday. Yes the track rubbering in is a factor, but a good effort indeed.

well Nick said that this years car is harder to set up correctly but once it is set up it is a far better car then the f1.07 so I think that is what we saw. they needed alot of time to get it set up but it was able to give them a very real shot at P1 and nick himself as only .5 secs off the pace for P1 and that is about 3 or 4 extra laps of fule