Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

2008 Mythbusters Thread

This is to educate the less enlightened members of this forum who refused to bow to my superior counsel in the past. Hopefully, in light of evidence that shall be revealed through the season, they will see the light.

So look at these commonly held misbeliefs, come back in a few months and worship me :D

1) Hamilton can't set up the car, the only reason he was ever fast was that he copied Alonso's setup.

2) Alonso is the greatest team builder ever. Last year, he came from Renault to Mclaren, suddenly Mclaren vaulted from mid grid to the top and Renault went back to where they came from. In his own words he is worth six tenths. So, we should see Renault flying again, regaining the championship while Mclaren lose about 1.2 seconds to them.

3) Alonso is worth six tenths, before he even sits in the car!!!!! (see above)

4) Sutil is the next coming of the flying spagheti monster.

5) Trulli ain't all that good.

6) Heikki Kovawhatever si the next coming of <insert random Finnish Norse Viking whatever god here>

7) Massa can't drive without TC

8) DC can drive

9) Jenson Button is not the next coming of well umm the Virgin Queen. Or something. Can't use the J word, lest I encounter the inquisition. Well anyway, the point is he is damn good.

10) Kubeetza is not the next coming of umm err well gotta say it - JP II. Well he is damn good too.

11) Piquet Junior is more than a big mouth, he can actually drive.

12) Davidson is any better than a pay driver.

13) Nakajima is not a pay driver, he is there on merit.

14) Fettel kid is no good.

15) American racing series are not crap, a driver who dominates there is worthy F1 material.

Fine posting, Cav! I hope you'll be maintaining this thread when each of those are busted! I'd say a few are already semi-busted after qualy!

Okay, to further this thread, I'll post my thoughts on each:

1) Hamilton can't set up the car, the only reason he was ever fast was that he copied Alonso's setup.

I don't think Hamilton was as good as Alonso in setting up the car, but he's obviously learned over last season. To me, this myth is BUSTED.

2) Alonso is the greatest team builder ever. Last year, he came from Renault to Mclaren, suddenly Mclaren vaulted from mid grid to the top and Renault went back to where they came from. In his own words he is worth six tenths. So, we should see Renault flying again, regaining the championship while Mclaren lose about 1.2 seconds to them.

I believe Alonso contributed to the rise of McLaren and the fall of Renault. Not completely, though, but enough. To me, this myth is PROBABLE.

BUSTED. Nobody's worth 6/10.

I would have argued for that. To me this myth is PROBABLE.

To me, this is PROBABLE.

6) Heikki Kovawhatever si the next coming of <insert random Finnish Norse Viking whatever god here>

BUSTED.

PROBABLE.

8) DC can drive

Not anymore. CONFIRMED for quite some years now.

9) Jenson Button is not the next coming of well umm the Virgin Queen. Or something. Can't use the J word, lest I encounter the inquisition. Well anyway, the point is he is damn good.

PROBABLE.

10) Kubeetza is not the next coming of umm err well gotta say it - JP II. Well he is damn good too.

Kubeetza is far more than damn good. CONFIRMED.

oh, BUSTED, in so many ways.

Davidson? Who's he?

Nakajima sucks. The only two worthy Japanese drivers are Sato and Yamamoto. BUSTED.

BUSTED.

15) American racing series are not crap, a driver who dominates there is worthy F1 material.

I hardly know what to make of American open-wheel racing these days. All I can say for sure is that Bourdais' first year in ChampCar was abysmal. He makes a habit of hashing his first year in a series, so why should F1 be any different? If he lasts until next season he should show promise. Now as a whole American racing has produced a mixed bag of talent over the years, but I assume you're talking recently. So, I reluctantly say PROBABLE.

Hamilton setup myth isn't busted yet IMO, give him a few races and see if what happened to him at Silverstone last year happens again. Remember he made setup changes there and still got pole, he just died in the arse in the race because it was too hard on his rear tyres IIRC.

The teams set up the cars. The drivers pretend that they can or can't.

Alonso has a big neck.

Alonso is worth his weight in hair.

No, that was 'Heinz' Harald Frentzen.

Do the locomotion with me

Forseti - God of justice, peace and truth

He has stablizers on his push bike

8) DC can drive

Even with that jaw, remarkable.

He's a virgin and a Queen? That bum fluff is a real turn off.

Nobody nose.

Backwards

Anonymous ginger nut

Banger racing, anyone?

Who would have thought you could have two Sebastiens? Bit like finding two pork pies in a Synagogue.

JPM is fat.

The teams set up the cars. The drivers pretend that they can or can't.

Alonso has a big neck.

Alonso is worth his weight in hair.

No, that was 'Heinz' Harald Frentzen.

Do the locomotion with me

Forseti - God of justice, peace and truth

He has stablizers on his push bike

8) DC can drive

Even with that jaw, remarkable.

He's a virgin and a Queen? That bum fluff is a real turn off.

Nobody nose.

Backwards

Anonymous ginger nut

Banger racing, anyone?

Who would have thought you could have two Sebastiens? Bit like finding two pork pies in a Synagogue.

JPM is fat.

:roll:

:laughing:

Steve-o, that is pure gold. :lol:

1) mclaren electronics are fair and will be the same for all teams!

They are really worried at Ferrari about that. I think Domenicalli said they were going to send both cars to Italy to find out if it had anything to do with that McLaren ECU. Some teams think McLaren has a Master Key that he can get the best out of that ECU while the others cannot.

They are really worried at Ferrari about that. I think Domenicalli said they were going to send both cars to Italy to find out if it had anything to do with that McLaren ECU. Some teams think McLaren has a Master Key that he can get the best out of that ECU while the others cannot.

Yes, it's called a 'Lewis Hamilton'; a most valuable piece of software.

Yes, it's called a 'Lewis Hamilton'; a most valuable piece of software.

Well, I think he is one of the best drivers but I understand Ferrari. Those guys that admitted they spyed last year are the same guys inside every single car this year.

Ha, ha, ha... It is not funny at all!

Well, I think he is one of the best drivers but I understand Ferrari. Those guys that admitted they spyed last year are the same guys inside every single car this year.

HA HAH HA HAH! it is funny after all! Blaming Mclaren for their failure.. HA HAH HA HAH! so funny.

HA HAH HA HAH! it is funny after all! Blaming Mclaren for their failure.. HA HAH HA HAH! so funny.

No, no, no... They said they were going to study if that McLaren ECU could have something to do with those failures but they never blamed McLaren they want to know if they understand the ECU properly. But this is not a problem for McLaren, they designed and produced the ECU.

Joking aside, in all honesty if i were Ferrari i would be a little paranoid about it and would want to check the ECU thoroughly. I think though that even if McLaren were intending to sabotage it and write clever 'anti-Maranello' programmes into it, they would know that Ferrari would be checking and therefore they would never get away with it.

Maybe they know that Ferrari are thinking that though and have actually sabotaged it (thinking Ferrari would think 'I don't think they would do that, so we won't check it).

Maybe then Ferrari are thinking 'what if McLaren think that we think we won't check it because they think that we think they would never do such a thing to it?'

Hmm.

I think that they all think that we think a bit too much.

Joking aside, in all honesty if i were Ferrari i would be a little paranoid about it and would want to check the ECU thoroughly. I think though that even if McLaren were intending to sabotage it and write clever 'anti-Maranello' programmes into it, they would know that Ferrari would be checking and therefore they would never get away with it.

Maybe they know that Ferrari are thinking that though and have actually sabotaged it (thinking Ferrari would think 'I don't think they would do that, so we won't check it).

Maybe then Ferrari are thinking 'what if McLaren think that we think we won't check it because they think that we think they would never do such a thing to it?'

Hmm.

I think that they all think that we think a bit too much.

:confused2::eusa_think::dam:

I don't think McLaren would dare risk it - they are under too much scrutiny and the penalty for being caught would probably be permanent exclusion.

I should imagine though that they are revelling in all the speculation - psychologically puts your competitors on a back foot and diverts their attention. That is probably more powerful than any electronic tweak that they could put into an ECU.

I don't think McLaren would dare risk it - they are under too much scrutiny and the penalty for being caught would probably be permanent exclusion.

I should imagine though that they are revelling in all the speculation - psychologically puts your competitors on a back foot and diverts their attention. That is probably more powerful than any electronic tweak that they could put into an ECU.

Very true. Unless they have one that randomly pipes through hypnotic words to the Ferrari drivers hemets, like "You are feeling sleepy, hit the Red Bull, HIT THE RED BULL....The grass is quicker than the tarmac, drive on the grass DRIVE ON THE GRASS".

Very true. Unless they have one that randomly pipes through hypnotic words to the Ferrari drivers hemets, like "You are feeling sleepy, hit the Red Bull, HIT THE RED BULL....The grass is quicker than the tarmac, drive on the grass DRIVE ON THE GRASS".

:lol::clap3:

:lol::lol:

Mar.19 (GMM) With Ferrari-McLaren relations at an all time low, paddock gossip is inevitably doing the rounds that Ferrari is now unhappier than ever about tackling this season and beyond with the new McLaren-developed control electronics.

Following the investigation back at Maranello this week into Ferrari's two failed race engines in Australia, speculation suggests that the Italian team has found that the design of the team's V8 power plant itself was not responsible for the problems.

It is similarly being reported that Ferrari thinks the fuel pressure problem that stranded Kimi Raikkonen down the Melbourne grid last Saturday is also related to the McLaren ECU.

"This kind of thing can happen when you are working with one procedure that you do not know so well. Now we know that there is a conflict we can make sure it does not happen again," a team spokesman told GP Week.

Team boss Stefano Domenicali, meanwhile, also suggested that Ferrari's Albert Park dramas could be related to the new ECU, which is developed jointly by Woking based McLaren Electronic Systems and Microsoft, and awarded the tender to equip all F1 cars until 2010 by the FIA.

Domenicali said of the system: "We must still discover it in full."

http://totalf1.com/fullstory/view/249455/Ferrari_blame_ECU/

I am not saying McLaren did that ECU to cause problems in the other 20 cars but for me it is a joke that every single F1 car has to wear that McLaren ECU. After that spy scandal it is even more ridiculous and the unique ECU should have been postponed or discarded.

I am not saying McLaren did that ECU to cause problems in the other 20 cars but for me it is a joke that every single F1 car has to wear that McLaren ECU. After that spy scandal it is even more ridiculous and the unique ECU should have been postponed or discarded.

quite true Alehop.... quite true