Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Australian Gp

Driver of the day - Australian GP  

74 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Lewis
    • Nick
    • Rosberg
    • Nando
    • Kovy
    • Ruebens
    • Nakajima
    • Bourdais

Nando demonstrated his star quality, but also showed that his downfall is his pride. When interviewed after the race he said he could see the Mclaren pit clenching their fists when Kovy overtook him and did the same when he re-took the place back. It showed that the guy hasn't moved on and should really look forward rather than back.

A bit childish, but a great drive all the same.

may be they were still watching the replay of Hekki overtaking Nando. ^_^

I am still recovering from the weekend-long Ferrari disappointment... WHAT THE FREAKING HECK?????

Can't vote. Many choices. Bar Ferrari, a great GP. Ecclestone find a hobby and stop fcking with the Australian GP.

Anyways.

Bourdais, beautiful and what a shame the car gave up.

Rosberg's podium, well earned and could have been a 2nd too.

Hamilton was both flawless and perfectly lucky. In all, a victory deserved.

Kova, Kova, they threw you out there to qualify with a car 3, 4, 5 laps heavier than Hamilton's and ended up stuck behind Kubica. Then, you got screwed by a safety car and, last, Alonso had you for dessert. Well, at least you got your revenge on McLaren's "equality" by robbing the best driver in F1 history of the fastest lap... you will pay for that.

Alonso, lucky, unlucky, and crafty... he should thank the heavens for a 4th on a race that 7 finished... now, there is something for the Spaniard to consider.

Alonso, lucky, unlucky, and crafty... he should thank the heavens for a 4th on a race that 7 finished... now, there is something for the Spaniard to consider.

Very true. Nando is a fighter and I expect he will use this year to audition for the ferrari seat in 09

Did anyone see the weirdos dressed as chequered flags in the stands.... now that aint right :o Always thought they were a strange bunch since i was in bathurst and one bloke tried to pick a fight with fourteen of us

Did anyone see the weirdos dressed as chequered flags in the stands.... now that aint right :o Always thought they were a strange bunch since i was in bathurst and one bloke tried to pick a fight with fourteen of us

I'm not sure if you're refering to the pair dressed in chequered flag nun outfits? I caught a glimpse of them on tv.

Heidfeld, Rosberg, Alonso, Rubens, Bourdais and Kova all showed well, but Lewis was perfect.

Driver of the day:

1) Massa

2) Kimi

:lol:

Indeed *sighs*. Kimi best get it together.

You must be right, i was trying to keep my eyes open after only three hours sleep. Think bernies idea of a 3am start for future races in oz to suit the europeans is a great idea as i wouldnt feel so sha**ed now and the missus wouldnt be on my back saying it was a stupid idea to get up and watch it......they are stupid!

voted on nick because im actually so used to do so. :) heheheheeh bah! he went from 5th to 2nd and didn't count on others retirements to b on podium :)

BUUUUUT: for once i was really proud of rubens. if it wasn't for that hm... problem... he would've assured a great race :)

You must be right, i was trying to keep my eyes open after only three hours sleep. Think bernies idea of a 3am start for future races in oz to suit the europeans is a great idea as i wouldnt feel so sha**ed now and the missus wouldnt be on my back saying it was a stupid idea to get up and watch it......they are stupid!

Women? 3am races? Or both?

Stop bitchin' and got to bed earlier!. Some of you have gone all soft.

Jim Clark Awards (for perfect race drivers): Lewis, Nico, Seb Bourdais, Nick.

Terminator awards (for drivers that hit almost everything painted in other color): Felipe Massa

Gilles Awards (for driver that outperformed their car obtainig juice from stones): Nando, Rubens

Bad luck special mention: The entire Red Bull team, Kovy (a number 2 karma?) and Rubens.

Let

The original SeaBass(Bourdais) hands down and in a STR!!!

Fernando, of course!

despite his average car,he did a great race and managed to take advantage of all the opportunities that arised during the race.i couldn't believe it!though,i have to admit that he was a bit lucky at some points of the race.let's see what he can do in malaysia!

anyway,the biggest disappointment for me was kimi and ferrari in general!as for kimi,his second half of the race was terrible and full of mistakes.if he had been a bit more sensible he could have easily reached the podium...massa drove as i expected him to drive(the ban of TC has really hurt him!)and the ferraris have serious problems when it comes to reliability.but i think they'll bounce back in malaysia.

Nice to see you, EVERYBODY!

Alonso was a real WDC today. He passed Kimi and Heikki in one shot but I could not see it on the spanish TV. He was unlucky with the Safety Car but that's the kind of race he will need to get some points. Now they can throw his R28 away and start working on a much much much better R29.

Heikki..........just because of massive bad luck.

He hit the speed limiter. :lol:

Terminator awards (for drivers that hit almost everything painted in other color): Felipe Massa

Gilles Awards (for driver that outperformed their car obtainig juice from stones): Nando, Rubens

Bad luck special mention: The entire Red Bull team, Kovy (a number 2 karma?) and Rubens.

Let

UMM...I think Ferrari had the best car..........

Couldn't prove it by the Oz result. I haven't looked at lap times, but I don't remember Ferrari putting in fast lap over fast lap. That went to Lewis.

I would hope he considers it to his favor. Gaining position because of your competitor's mistakes, either in a shoddy car or driver error, is a fine way to gain that position. Renault and Fernando earned those points by building a solid car and by driving like a champion.

Let

Very true. Nando is a fighter and I expect he will use this year to audition for the ferrari seat in 09

You reckon? I wonder...

But, sure, Alonso is more driver than his car (like so many in the field) and was hunting for driver errors. He got them from unexpected sources (Kova, Kimi). Still, the Renault was not enough car to pass Hondas, Toro Rossos, Williams, Reb Bulls, let alone, Ferraris, McLarens, or BMWs... hold on - I am laughing - was there any team the Reanult could actually pass.... darn... Alonso's fans got a river of tears to cross this year if the R28 is not improved PRESTO!!

Yep. Massa is the track's thug and unless he takes it out on Hamilton, it does not seem like he is gonna be penalized.

Edit: special mention for Ron Dennis when Kovy managed to pass Nando... for 7 seconds...

Kind of sad, ain't it. I mean, it is good to see that, at least, RD is trying to "act" the part but, knowing it is all a show, it is borderline pathetic. Poor guy, honest, the pile of lies is so high that he now says he misses a driver that he claims tried once to blackmail him... someone should pull the plug and let the fellow rest in peace.

I would hope he considers it to his favor. Gaining position because of your competitor's mistakes, either in a shoddy car or driver error, is a fine way to gain that position. Renault and Fernando earned those points by building a solid car and by driving like a champion.

The problem with the luck aspect in Alonso's result is that, otherwise, he would have finished 7th, 8th, 9th or worse. For this race, sure, take the wife to dance but, for the season,... they better get their act together in Reanult or, well, they are going to sink down the field like a rock.

The problem with the luck aspect in Alonso's result is that, otherwise, he would have finished 7th, 8th, 9th or worse. For this race, sure, take the wife to dance but, for the season,... they better get their act together in Reanult or, well, they are going to sink down the field like a rock.

I agree. You gets what you pays for and when you hire Alonso, you get a mistake-free driver that will give you the maximum result your car is capable of. That doesn't negate you point, however. Renault needs to get the diff sorted from what I read.

Once that happens, I wager Renault/Fernando will again be a powerful force.

Voted for Lewis, but if this trend of having a handful of drivers finishing the race continues, it's going to be tough to decide! The best where the ones to benefit from the mistakes of others and stayed out of trouble while being fast :) .

Ferrari as a team was a disgrace today :(

I can't even think where to start in order to criticize the drivers and both cars retired in the end. I don't know if all that banging on other cars and the often visits in the gravel traps contributed, but it was a day to forget. Bring it on next week!!

Voted for Lewis, but if this trend of having a handful of drivers finishing the race continues, it's going to be tough to decide! The best where the ones to benefit from the mistakes of others and stayed out of trouble while being fast :) .

Ferrari as a team was a disgrace today :(

I can't even think where to start in order to criticize the drivers and both cars retired in the end. I don't know if all that banging on other cars and the often visits in the gravel traps contributed, but it was a day to forget. Bring it on next week!!

I have alot of respect for you because of this post. :thbup:

Being a fan is one thing, but supporting your team/driver to the point of making excuses for their mistakes just makes a person look idiotic. I'm glad you aren't one of those idiots.

Fernando...he had to pit twice under the safety car and still got a 4th, from starting 11th.

He was lucky with Kovi though, maybe McLaren want to make those steering wheel buttons harder to push :unsure:

Rubens gets my vote as held up Kimi for a long time at the start & sort of ruined his race then Kimi passed him & then ended up crashing at turn 3 as hee went waay too fast into the corner. Pity he gots DQed for leaving the pits under red lights :angry: !

Now Kimi. I'm loath to criticize him because of my past history of doing just that, but he deserves it this time. What a shoddy race from him in Oz. Comparing the quality of Kimi's drive yesterday to the quality of Fernando's drive, Fernando comes off looking like the champion he is whilst Kimi looks....like Massa.

Indeed.Biggest disappointment imho.Those overtaking attempts were quite rookie-like.

I want to know where Ferrari are standing relative to Mclaren...things don't look so good as expected for the reds...